Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Both shows have the "look" and "feel" down. They look great. But, Boba Fett is more of an Easter Egg hunt because the writing makes it easier for the eyes to wander into the background. Disney has some talented people over there. They need to come up with something original for new generations of viewers. But, I get it. They need to make some easy money after buying so many properties and starting their streaming service.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
George handpicked her for the job. George f#%ked up everything after "Empire" with Kennedy at his side. He called the shots. Let's not let him off of the hook just because some have it out for Kennedy. There are fans of the universe working on it now to some success but they answer to a great many people before anything gets "on air." There isn't a production in Hollywood that is 100% the vision of a single creator. It's a f#%kin' pricey business with ever changing demos. Disney and everybody else will chase those demos to the dismay of some. It is what it is. I'm more concerned with all of the Jedi alive and well and running around at this point. I guess Yoda was a f#%kin liar.:confused:
Critical Drinker said it best in this video:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
When sacking Kennedy, or anybody else at Disney, results in increased revenue rather than pricey lawsuits and settlements, they'll do it. It's a f#%kin' business, not a f#%kin' club in a treehouse.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
When sacking Kennedy, or anybody else at Disney, results in increased revenue rather than pricey lawsuits and settlements, they'll do it. It's a f#%kin' business, not a f#%kin' club in a treehouse.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This is awesome... Pg 2 and its almost all complaints about Mando and Boba Fett. ;)

I get it. I was originally disappointed in Mando yet it grew on me pretty quickly.
Boba, I'm still a little troubled by (up through the Mando episode). Strikingly, the production value between the two series became strikingly obvious with that episode. Compare that episode to the "Vespa" chase sequence an ep or 2 prior. SMDH. Those effects were b-grade at best.

I have not followed the politics behind all the KK stuff, and am not really going to delve into that, myself. Suffice it to say, I am hopeful that Disney will get on the right track and do some good work. We know they are capable.

We've got Obi-Wan and Andor coming up this year. Unless it bombs horribly, we'll also see S2 of Boba and how they recover from this mess they are in. Plus the new season of Mando later this year
(Yes, I'm a fan, and I think Boba is a mess right now.)

It sucks that Lucas went soft along the way. This is a story that really revels in darkness and some of the most stiking aspects of the concept are the ones centered around the Anakin to Darth Vader transition, the killing off of the Jedi, and the blatant power the Sith/Dark-Side led political and military mechanisms wielded to dominate the "universe."
There is, sadly, only so much toy selling that can be done in what could be re-envisioned as a truly R-rated Gothic Sci-Fi epic akin to the promise the early Alien franchise held.
Many consider it cheesy, I think, but the end of Rogue One where Vader single-handedly tore through the defenders trying to get the Death Star data out of his grasp is one of those epic moments in the story where we get to witness the unbridled power he is capable of.

I am hopeful they find the balance point in the future of Star Wars.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is awesome... Pg 2 and its almost all complaints about Mando and Boba Fett. ;)
To be fair, I did continue and link to the conversation to the BoBB thread but it didn't work, lol.
Boba, I'm still a little troubled by (up through the Mando episode). Strikingly, the production value between the two series became strikingly obvious with that episode. Compare that episode to the "Vespa" chase sequence an ep or 2 prior. SMDH. Those effects were b-grade at best.
According to the rumors there's a reason for those differences in production and the messy story. Ep 5 and 6 are actually from season 3 of Mando. The rest is because they ended up trashing a large portion of the original material and had to splice the leftovers back together in an effort to still have something available to stream.

From what I heard a lot of what got cut centered around that Vespa gang. There was a lot of desperate scrambling at the last second to cobble something together and it shows. The first 4 episodes are what they are and the last 2 seem to have gotten us back on course.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
To be fair, I did continue and link to the conversation to the BoBB thread but it didn't work, lol.

According to the rumors there's a reason for those differences in production and the messy story. Ep 5 and 6 are actually from season 3 of Mando. The rest is because they ended up trashing a large portion of the original material and had to splice the leftovers back together in an effort to still have something available to stream.

From what I heard a lot of what got cut centered around that Vespa gang. There was a lot of desperate scrambling at the last second to cobble something together and it shows. The first 4 episodes are what they are and the last 2 seem to have gotten us back on course.
I saw that conversation.
The sad thing in this is they really destroyed the story of his transition from feared bounty hunter to warrior-monk.
If I wasn’t an old school role player the class wouldn’t make sense and the switch is incongruous.
As it stands, many seem confused by it.

Now, if they would just get rid of that vocal/chant track from the score.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw that conversation.
The sad thing in this is they really destroyed the story of his transition from feared bounty hunter to warrior-monk.
If I wasn’t an old school role player the class wouldn’t make sense and the switch is incongruous.
As it stands, many seem confused by it.

Now, if they would just get rid of that vocal/chant track from the score.
Omg! Yes! That stupid Hum Dum Dum song has gotta go.

KillerSneak

KillerSneak

Audiophyte
Been waiting for this one for quite some time now. Can’t wait for the 25th. Might have to freeze myself in carbonite to speed up the waiting :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Obi Wan is pushed back to May 27. Two episodes will air on release.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I will be at Star Wars Celebration 2022 in Anaheim CA with a buddy, I am sure they will be showing an advance screening there.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There is an interesting rumor behind why they pushed Kenobi back that has to do with a supposed Civil War happening at Disney. Originally it would have run right before Ms Marvel and They don't want folks to be able to point to it as a reason for why Ms Marvel may fail.

That's only a rumor though, and a bit of a far fetched one at that. Just something I had heard.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The way Star Wars shows have been flailing, they may be just as worried about blaming Marvel for Obi Wan if it doesn’t deliver.
:confused:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Wonder how many episodes. I’ll likely change my Hulu sub to drop Disney temporarily but pick it up again when I can bing watch all the season.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wonder how many episodes. I’ll likely change my Hulu sub to drop Disney temporarily but pick it up again when I can bing watch all the season.
Kenobi is a 6-edpisode mini series. To the best of my knowledge, there will be no continuation. Of course, that's subject to the Disney/StarWars powers that be, but it was never conceived of as a continuing story, rather I think the initial plan was a stand alone movie a la Rogue One and Solo.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm thinking after the Moon Knight and Boba Fett series, not worth keeping Disney around for myself.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis