Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize?!?!

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Obama has ties to ACORN that go back at least to '95, when he represented them against the former Gov of Illinois.
http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/oct/17/sorting-truth-obama-acorn/

Obama was part of a group of lawyers representing a group of clients including ACORN once.

google "Obama's connection to ACORN and you'll find a lot of links. Here's one:
http://purplepeoplevote.com/2008/09/30/what-is-acorn-and-obamas-connection/ and there were 830K links when I googled it.
Yes, but next to no actual connections.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/acorn_accusations.html

There's the 1995 case we've both mentioned where he was on a team from a law-firm representing a group of clients including ACORN.

in 2001 and 2002 he was on the board of a fund that gave money to ACORN.

During his run, his capaign paid money to a "get out the vote" group that in turn paid money to ACORN.

I'm pretty sure he's more connected with Kevin Bacon.

S

Schupo

Banned
You're too good for me. I still don't get it. My sarcasm detector was broken a few weeks ago and is still in the shop. That may have something to do with it.:D
I wasn't being sarcastic; were you? White people - the majority, the powerful, the "rulers" of America - will never face the racism that black people do. Even if you face racism as an individual in high school, that racism is contained in a local environment and does not represent the history of the country you do.

That's why the word "nigger" will always be more powerful than the word "cracker". Call me a cracker, sure. I don't care; that word is powerless. Nigger, though? That's a strong word not because what it means right now, but what baggage it carries along with it. It's really easy for white people to dismiss racism or claim that they have faced racism; it's not the same. At all.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Ahhh, but do you know who is the most connected actor?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I wasn't being sarcastic; were you? White people - the majority, the powerful, the "rulers" of America - will never face the racism that black people do. Even if you face racism as an individual in high school, that racism is contained in a local environment and does not represent the history of the country you do.

That's why the word "nigger" will always be more powerful than the word "cracker". Call me a cracker, sure. I don't care; that word is powerless. Nigger, though? That's a strong word not because what it means right now, but what baggage it carries along with it. It's really easy for white people to dismiss racism or claim that they have faced racism; it's not the same. At all.
No wonder you have red chicklets.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe we can start poll in the steam for all us white folk to get a concencus if they would be offended by being called a cracker. Please add one vote for; it would make me laugh . :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe we can start poll in the steam for all us white folk to get a concencus if they would be offended by being called a cracker. Please add one vote for; it would make me laugh . :D
Hearing that at 2:00 AM while you're trying to buy a 20 piece is a little scary. ;)
You should go to Detroit and try it some time. :eek:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
:rolleyes:
Hearing that at 2:00 AM while you're trying to buy a 20 piece is a little scary. ;)
You should go to Detroit and try it some time. :eek:
No 20 piece for me. Its way cheaper to buy in large quantities and get it delivered to your home :rolleyes: . :eek:

I think it would be scarier being a Canadian in the Detroit ghetto than being white ;) .

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
He doesn't have the money yet, so no charity has been given anything. You seem to be saying "he chose the wrong one" when none has been chosen.
If anyone else wins this as POTUS, I want them to be totally transparent, too. I watched him say that he'd donate it but I still want to know where it goes.

That's because I don't trust him. I listened to him when he first entered the campaign and likes what he was saying but after a while, that changed to total distrust.

highfigh

highfigh

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/oct/17/sorting-truth-obama-acorn/

Obama was part of a group of lawyers representing a group of clients including ACORN once.

Yes, but next to no actual connections.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/acorn_accusations.html

There's the 1995 case we've both mentioned where he was on a team from a law-firm representing a group of clients including ACORN.

in 2001 and 2002 he was on the board of a fund that gave money to ACORN.

During his run, his capaign paid money to a "get out the vote" group that in turn paid money to ACORN.

I'm pretty sure he's more connected with Kevin Bacon.
Mmmmm, bacon!

That Get Out The Vote program is the same one I was on a jury for, here in MKE. Guess why they were being tried.

highfigh

highfigh

White people - the majority, the powerful, the "rulers" of America - will never face the racism that black people do. Even if you face racism as an individual in high school, that racism is contained in a local environment and does not represent the history of the country you do.
The only way whites will ever be subjected to that kind of racism is if we end up being the minority to the same extent and can't overcome the rage being released. The only group I can think of who killed a similar number as whites in any similar time period is China at various times or Cambodia, under Pol Pot. In Africa, some countries are giving whites a good run for their money in the killing department but for all of the superiority trotted out by white supremist groups, whites have done a lot of effed up things.

If someone calls me 'cracker', how I take it will be determined by how it's said. I might have a problem if I haven't done anything to deserve it and it's said in anger, but otherwise, I don't see it as offensive.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
White people - the majority, the powerful, the "rulers" of America - will never face the racism that black people do. Even if you face racism as an individual in high school, that racism is contained in a local environment and does not represent the history of the country you do.
Seriously? Local is all that matters to an individual. I faced racism in college. Scared the living s**t out of me to have a bunch of guys that had a good 100 pounds of muscle on me (even back when I was in shape) come at me on a regular basis because I was white. I didn't give a rat's a** about the national state of affairs when a football player came at me to hit me with a crutch that he grabbed from his buddy. To add insult to injury, they called me a racist because I was white and said that they couldn't be racist because they weren't in power. Really? They had ALL the power in that situation. I couldn't take on a single football player, let alone multiple ones.

Do I face racism now? Not that I know of. But don't try to tell me that a bunch of guys willing to beat me to a pulp because the color of my skin is white doesn't matter because it doesn't happen on a national level.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm a white male. I was once passed up on a good job because of it. Yeah, whites don't have race troubles.

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
Are you f-ing kidding me? Listen newbie, you need to be on here a lot longer to know me well enough to assess my motives and to read into what I say and make assumptions of what you think I mean.
Dude, you said you had a personal dislike for him on pretty much every level possible; I didn't read into anything. :confused:
didn't mean anything personal, just political arguing.
My dislike for him personally has nothing to do with politics, but his character, his behavior, his deameanor. I don't like it. I can't say much more.

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well if discrimination is a from of racism than colour me white, but I've never being a subject of racism. Now I'm not saying racism doesn't exist towards white people but IMO its hardly the same.

Regards, Bill

PS:Looks like we're way off topic here, but what else is new!

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

I call this a racist post. You are still saying that someone (white or otherwise) can not understand something based on the color of their skin. That is about as racist as it gets.
I'm sure that as a whole, more black people have been discriminated against than whites, but that doesn't mean that no whites have even been discriminated against or have no clue what it's like. I was beat up several times in HS for no reason other than the color of my skin. And they didn't call me "cracker". What a joke that is. They called me white @sshole. But do you know what I noticed back then? That it wasn't all the non-whites who were racist. It was only a small group who were general jerks in every way. Many of the rest were normal people just like me. They were just as smart and just as nice. Plenty were nicer and smarter. So I learned not to judge people by the color of their skin. Maybe you should too.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Now I'm not saying racism doesn't exist towards white people ...
In Markham, it doesn't.

Adam talked about outright fear of physical harm. I mentioned being treated like I was less than in a Home Depot. So the point gets made about that it's not the same as being a minority in a racist country ... please. The whole country isn't anything ... good or bad. My reaction was to finish up my business in Dade, get out and never go back. Not even for work. Rhode Island is just a pit stop on my way to Utah. Here they can single me out because I'm not short, dark and hairy enough with an absolute fascination for vowels. :eek:

My point is that people are people and whites don't own a patent on being cornholes. ;)

Looks like we're way off topic here, but what else is new!
Back on topic. I would personally like to congratulate President Obama. I think he should look into one of these seeing as how he has all that extra money. That way nobody could say he gave it to the wrong charity. ;) :p

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The one that makes me laugh is "porch monkey". I don't even know what it means, but it just sounds funny. If somebody called me a porch monkey, I'd probably start cracking up.

Another funny one is tar baby. Some racial slurs are just silly.

S

Schupo

Banned
I call this a racist post. You are still saying that someone (white or otherwise) can not understand something based on the color of their skin. That is about as racist as it gets.
White people can know what it's like to be black? That's news to me. Don't be ignorant; this isn't racism, it's just obvious.

We're talking about dealing with racism of a specific caliber. It's quite easy to just claim that I'm making racist statements because I'm talking about race. Ignoring race as a factor altogether is simply being ignorant; racial inequalities exist, period. Until we can accept that we are, in fact, different (even if it's just the color of our skin), then progress can't be made. We first need to acknowledge differences, and then accept those differences as superficial. "I don't see color" makes the problem worse; it puts blinders on towards a problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis