Numerous questions on my setup, Bipole vs Monopole for distance, sub placement, 2 ch amp for Ultra Towers

the machine

the machine

Audioholic
Thanks William, I’ve seen photos across the web with them both ways and thought maybe it was for better sound distribution of the towers across a wider area. This is the setup as of now. I’ll move the mains and subs.

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks William, I’ve seen photos across the web with them both ways and thought maybe it was for better sound distribution of the towers across a wider area. This is the setup as of now. I’ll move the mains and subs.
Bill might have a good suggestion there. Those towers can get pretty boomy in a corner.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Bill might have a good suggestion there. Those towers can get pretty boomy in a corner.
Agreed. And I think to add to that, the side wall reflections could be a problem too. And I still think the whole balancing of the front stage of the room and off screen panning will be better too by moving them in. Looks like he is gonna try it. I hate running audyssey multiple times, but I would be curious to see how each different setup was better or worse for him.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Room looks nice btw. Curious if you had the chance to really check it out and how each layout worked for you. I did mention that to @Pogre above too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have my towers on the outside but I have more room and they're not TOO close to any back or side walls. Then again, I had LF issues that needed some tweaking to bring around.

the machine

the machine

Audioholic
Room looks nice btw. Curious if you had the chance to really check it out and how each layout worked for you. I did mention that to @Pogre above too.
No, I just set everything up last night, haven’t even ran audessey yet. Noticed a problem with one speaker during the initial configuration so I decided to wait. Ultra bookshelf when plugged into the top connection on the speaker sounded muffled and all tweeter. Tried bottom connection just to see any difference, muffled, all bass. Didn’t have time to try other speakers to see if it’s the wire, but I doubt it given the different tones from different connection on rear of speaker.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, I just set everything up last night, haven’t even ran audessey yet. Noticed a problem with one speaker during the initial configuration so I decided to wait. Ultra bookshelf when plugged into the top connection on the speaker sounded muffled and all tweeter. Tried bottom connection just to see any difference, muffled, all bass. Didn’t have time to try other speakers to see if it’s the wire, but I doubt it given the different tones from different connection on rear of speaker.
They come with gold jumpers you put between the terminals. You would remove them to bi wire or bi amp and leave them on when hooking up to only one set of posts.

unnamed.jpg
Ultraback.jpeg

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Sounds like you’re straps that go btwn the upper and lower binding post are not getting a good connection are might even be missing. Make sure they are there and tight.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis