Not enough Listening time.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I bought speakers I can't afford to replace. Keeps me in check.

Am I on AudioMart and Audiogon a dozen times a day looking at stuff? You bet! I can't buy it, but nothing would stop me from looking at it!

If I did have money, I'd have probably 5 or 6 pairs of gigantic speakers in the house that I would rotate in and out of my room. Would probably also be single, but sometimes that's the price one must pay. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That said...since the build was completed and I've dappled into SACD and multi-channel SACDs. If you ever venture into multi-channel music...it's far better than I ever thought it might be.
Color me interested. I want to check out some legit good multi channel recordings (need a player first). I don't know if there's much out there for me tho. My tastes are a little on the heavy side.

2channel lover

Color me interested. I want to check out some legit good multi channel recordings (need a player first). I don't know if there's much out there for me tho. My tastes are a little on the heavy side.
I remembered :)...Not sure where you stand with classic rock, but there are some good multi-ch titles out there.

2channel lover

There are a few. Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd off the top of my head.
Oh...okay...PF has a couple of staples that are available in multi-ch. I have Wish You Were Here and DSOTM, both are excellent in multi-ch.

The Song Remains The Same...Zeppelin, incredible blu-ray of the '73 concert at Madison Sq...it's in surround sound.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh...okay...PF has a couple of staples that are available in multi-ch. I have Wish You Were Here and DSOTM, both are excellent in multi-ch.

The Song Remains The Same...Zeppelin, incredible blu-ray of the '73 concert at Madison Sq...it's in surround sound.
So if I have a capable Blu Ray player (Xbox 1X) I can check out some Zep?

I've watched The Song Remains The Same a bunch of times when I was in high school. Never on a capable system tho. I'll keep an eye out for it and DSOTM. Wish you were here is one of my favorite songs.

2channel lover

So if I have a capable Blu Ray player (Xbox 1X) I can check out some Zep?

I've watched The Song Remains The Same a bunch of times when I was in high school. Never on a capable system tho. I'll keep an eye out for it and DSOTM. Wish you were here is one of my favorite songs.
Yes you can...sound is very good...you'll remember some of the awesome solos then...on your system now, just be careful not to blast too loud...you ain't in HS now! ;)

DSOTM and Wish You Were Here are obviously good in 2 ch, but multi-ch takes them up a couple of notches....it took me a couple of times playing the title song Wish You Were Here to get you used to where everything was coming from.

The Eagles Hotel Cali is good in multi-ch.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes you can...sound is very good...you'll remember some of the awesome solos then...on your system now, just be careful not to blast too loud...you ain't in HS now! ;)

DSOTM and Wish You Were Here are obviously good in 2 ch, but multi-ch takes them up a couple of notches....it took me a couple of times playing the title song Wish You Were Here to get you used to where everything was coming from.

The Eagles Hotel Cali is good in multi-ch.
I have a live version of that song in 16/44 from their Hell Freezes Over tour and it's my favorite version. Some deep bass in that one.

2channel lover

I have a live version of that song in 16/44 from their Hell Freezes Over tour and it's my favorite version. Some deep bass in that one.
I think David Gilmour has a Blu-ray out in 5.1 but couldn't be certain.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think David Gilmour has a Blu-ray out in 5.1 but couldn't be certain.
Thanks for the tips! You told me what I wanted to know, what are some legit, good 5.1 music media I can try in my home. Didn't know if I'd need a special player or not. Knowing about a couple legit, good of Blu rays for 5.1 music I can start looking for them now.

2channel lover

Thanks for the tips! You told me what I wanted to know, what are some legit, good 5.1 music media I can try in my home. Didn't know if I'd need a special player or not. Knowing about a couple legit, good of Blu rays for 5.1 music I can start looking for them now.
Exactly how I started...now I have maybe 120 SACDs...about 40% are multi-ch and a half dz music blu-ray...I don't think we're going to see music streaming in multi-ch any time soon so I don't mind building my own library...every 6 mos or so I buy a few new ones...lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What player(s) do you have now? Sony bluray players can sometimes play SACD. I've been collecting a bit....will send you a list later.

nm I looked back, just bluray/dvd I assume with the Xbox

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What player(s) do you have now? Sony bluray players can sometimes play SACD. I've been collecting a bit....will send you a list later.

At one point, I had a Sony PS3 that could play SACD, it was one of the early models with full hardware backwards compatibility.

But, the optical drive on those original PS3 models was too loud to really enjoy SACD!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
At one point, I had a Sony PS3 that could play SACD, it was one of the early models with full hardware backwards compatibility.

But, the optical drive on those original PS3 models was too loud to really enjoy SACD!
Yeah I have a slim PS3 but after SACD capability was removed....mine's fairly quiet, tho. Not silent, just masked easily enough by any reasonable volume. Was somewhat surprised later to find a couple bluray players I had from Sony could play SACDs, that's when I started buying a few for the multich content....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah I have a slim PS3 but after SACD capability was removed....mine's fairly quiet, tho. Not silent, just masked easily enough by any reasonable volume. Was somewhat surprised later to find a couple bluray players I had from Sony could play SACDs, that's when I started buying a few for the multich content....
I still have DSOTM and Getz/Gilberto SACDs, but no way to play them right now.

As loud as those early PS3 models were......they were nothing compared to the jet engines on the original Xbox 360!

But, it was still disappointing as SACD support was a selling point for me at the time, and it was immediately handicapped by the drive noise. I'm a gamer (more so back then), so it still wasn't a show stopper, just an annoyance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I still have DSOTM and Getz/Gilberto SACDs, but no way to play them right now.

As loud as those early PS3 models were......they were nothing compared to the jet engines on the original Xbox 360!

But, it was still disappointing as SACD support was a selling point for me at the time, and it was immediately handicapped by the drive noise. I'm a gamer (more so back then), so it still wasn't a show stopper, just an annoyance.
Is that Getz/Gilberto multich? I could be persuaded to take it off your hands if so (already have DSOTM). :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One of the guys here previously posted a quote "Time spent listening to music is not deducted from your lifespan." I agree. Means you need to make the time lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Yeah, no SACD with Xbox. I've done some digging. MS has only recently done some half hearted efforts to improve on sound related things with their boxes. Maybe next gen...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis