No stimulus for non workers

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Man you guys are tough...but you are all on point. Noob, you have put a lot of time and effort into telling this story. It. Has not served you well. You are positioned to do anything you want to. Everybody has a story, and as you can see here, the world is not going to stop and join your pity party. As someone mentioned earlier, millions of people have it worse than you.

if you could do , or be anything you wanted what would it be?

Shock yourself, go big! make a plan stick to it!

The world is waiting to help you once they see you making an effort.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
In 2009 I lost a very, very good job. Company closed down, I was 32/33 years old. A job I had for 12 years but my father worked there, lots of family members had worked there and retired there. I was out on my butt, in a job I was literally born to do. I was also getting married that year. On January 4th 2009 I was out of a job and having a wedding I no longer could afford in September, oh and a honeymoon that was already paid off but sure could use the money back from that too.
It took me a few years in a really, really bad recession to get a job making less than half as much as I was making. I was married and had a child on the way. Needed a paycheck and health insurance.
I had to build myself back up again and yeah it was scary and yeah it was hard. I gained experience in driving large trucks, working different equipment, hard work on a daily basis and used that experience to get an excellent job again which I have now. I thank my lucky stars every day I kept at it. This year, this year now I will make about the same salary I did in 2009. It took my 11/12 years to get back to that salary I was making back then. As you see nothing is easy, it's all scary but you just got to keep on keeping on as they say.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
When I went back to school after quitting my last job in chemistry I had a lot of trouble finding part time work for while I was in school. So I decided to market my existing skills and sell candles on Etsy. I told all my friends who helped me out by telling their friends, etc. I eventually found a job at a restaurant that got me through school.

I kinda agree with everyone on here saying cut it out with the pity party, though. Every post from you is a "woah is me" post.

Have you put as much work into finding a job as you have complaining about your Sony TV? Why are you even considering getting new equipment if you've been out of work for as long as you have?

Have you gotten in touch with any temp agencies around you? They may be able to help you get your foot in the door so to speak.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
When I went back to school after quitting my last job in chemistry I had a lot of trouble finding part time work for while I was in school. So I decided to market my existing skills and sell candles on Etsy. I told all my friends who helped me out by telling their friends, etc. I eventually found a job at a restaurant that got me through school.

I kinda agree with everyone on here saying cut it out with the pity party, though. Every post from you is a "woah is me" post.

Have you put as much work into finding a job as you have complaining about your Sony TV? Why are you even considering getting new equipment if you've been out of work for as long as you have?

Have you gotten in touch with any temp agencies around you? They may be able to help you get your foot in the door so to speak.
I’ve done too many applications in those years I got burnt out . The problem is I no longer can do a standing job knees are too bad .
I don’t got enough work experience I’ve tried temp agencies had no luck .

I mean America is having a Great Depression and the fake news does not even report or anything....
do you think 100mil + out of labor force could be why it’s so hard to find a job ?

Literally four times as bad as Great Depression...

Ohio is crumbling near me , less jobs every year .
I’ll need a job that’s a desk job and those are so damn hard to find .
Literally
Hundreds of articles on Ohio collapsing .

I still think it’s possible to find a job I just haven’t had any luck . Maybe I’ll start doing applications again ...
My mental state is not so good horrible anxiety, depression, got ear pain in my left ear ... that won’t go away .
Most of time I feel hopeless like nothing matters .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
As long as you keep telling yourself this story, it will forever dominate your life.
You create your own reality.
Rise above.
Or not.

You are the only one who can make that final determination.

Find the warrior spirit within you and take a stand for yourself and the rest of your life. There is never anything easy about it, yet IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Peace. I'm out.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Let me help you

Since you like using the internet and have no problem talking to strangers. Since you need a job sitting most of the day.
I recommend you apply for a Business Development Center (BDC) position at a Auto Dealership. Your job responsibility is to make Appointments and create Floor Traffic. Your not selling your just making Appointments.
Compensation for this position ranges from $45k-80k a year. Managing this department can easily exceed $150k a year.

Adjust your Attitude and Apply today. Jobs are out there

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
OK, I just read somewhere that you're 29. It honestly never even crossed my mind that you were anything but a teenager.

I found that applying for jobs is a lot like being on a dating website. You see a job and think it would be a great fit, so your send them your details and 99% of the time you get no response. That's just the reality of it. You can't give up though or you'll never get anything. It's not gonna come to you. You have to go out there and hunt it down. In my experience you didn't need any experience to sign on with a temp agency. They had jobs of all levels usually.

Also, cut it out with all the "fake news" crap. You're not going to do yourself any favors by buying into all THOSE conspiracy theories that come along with that rabbit hole.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
In 2009 I lost a very, very good job. Company closed down, I was 32/33 years old. A job I had for 12 years but my father worked there, lots of family members had worked there and retired there. I was out on my butt, in a job I was literally born to do. I was also getting married that year. On January 4th 2009 I was out of a job and having a wedding I no longer could afford in September, oh and a honeymoon that was already paid off but sure could use the money back from that too.
It took me a few years in a really, really bad recession to get a job making less than half as much as I was making. I was married and had a child on the way. Needed a paycheck and health insurance.
I had to build myself back up again and yeah it was scary and yeah it was hard. I gained experience in driving large trucks, working different equipment, hard work on a daily basis and used that experience to get an excellent job again which I have now. I thank my lucky stars every day I kept at it. This year, this year now I will make about the same salary I did in 2009. It took my 11/12 years to get back to that salary I was making back then. As you see nothing is easy, it's all scary but you just got to keep on keeping on as they say.

This is very familiar to me. Slightly earlier than 2009 (2007) I was in the same boat. Luckily for me I was only 23 and getting married with no job. No kid on the way either so not as bad a situation, but like you I had to find anything to help pay the bills.

I will say, my house was SPOTLESS in the time I didn't work. What else can I do? Lucky for me I got a job delivering firewood. It was the hardest work I've ever done, but it payed the bills. Came home every day pretty much unable to move, but it was worth it.

It sucks, but you can always find something. My wife made extra money taking online surveys. You just have to look.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks to our fascist government...

wish I could get stimulus .. they killed the economy and made it near impossible to find A job .. 5 years looking found nothing .
All citizens regardless of working or not should get money . $1800 I won’t get ... plus any more ones they pass
1930 depression looks like nothing vs today’s job market..

What a evil empire I live in ...

What kinds of jobs are you qualified for? Why should all people who are working get money? There are many who have been unaffected by this- they have jobs that put them in the 'essential' group and I'm not referring to people who make a buttload of money.

Many jobs are gone, but I see that jobs are available, constantly. Have you looked on Craig's List or Facebook?

The Depression of the 1930s and what's happening now are not similar, in any way.

The US has over 327 million people and many states decided to shut down most businesses- beside printing Monopoly money, where will it come from, without reducing the value of the US dollar to nothing?

FWIW, Gov. Andrew Cuomo has said that the economy needs to reopen- interesting, since he was all for shutting it down.

highfigh

highfigh

It’s a real job crisis
Empires collapse over this stuff
Imagine Germany’s population and more doing nothing .
Did you know that a lot of people stopped looking for jobs because they created one of their own, sometimes but starting their own business? Doesn't need to be a big business, it can start small and grow.

I asked before- what jobs are you qualified for? Get some job, just to get you to the next step. If possible, learn a trade- they almost ALWAYS need people, especially now that so many have retired/aged out of their jobs. You should have some kind of vocational school near you- if not, many companies that need workers will train.

highfigh

highfigh

Massive amount of jobs have left in last 10 years near me .
So me someone who needs the money gets screwed Over by our currupt government of elites who are rich .

Knee issues so I cannot stand long are main job killer , desk jobs around here are hard to find even with good computer skills.
I studied some graphic design but haven’t went back and finished it , as no jobs around here exist for it . My last class I had the teacher admitted it was nearly impossible to find a job.

Terribly bad anxiety- also.
Our corporate fascist government only helps out those who are tax filers , me out of work get nothing. So even if I find a job I won’t get the $1800 .

Disability is really hard to get and it pays a non livable sum of money .... so your basically poor forever on a 3rd world nations pay ... under $800 a month or so is horrible . So that’s not really much of an option even if my legs are destroyed... my bicep is injured too

Screw the currupt government and irs so many like me won’t get anything... at least 100mil out of labor force

Where do you live?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
This is very familiar to me. Slightly earlier than 2009 (2007) I was in the same boat. Luckily for me I was only 23 and getting married with no job. No kid on the way either so not as bad a situation, but like you I had to find anything to help pay the bills.

I will say, my house was SPOTLESS in the time I didn't work. What else can I do? Lucky for me I got a job delivering firewood. It was the hardest work I've ever done, but it payed the bills. Came home every day pretty much unable to move, but it was worth it.

It sucks, but you can always find something. My wife made extra money taking online surveys. You just have to look.
Very similar yes. Glad we made it out good.

highfigh

highfigh

I’ve done too many applications in those years I got burnt out . The problem is I no longer can do a standing job knees are too bad .
I don’t got enough work experience I’ve tried temp agencies had no luck .

I mean America is having a Great Depression and the fake news does not even report or anything....
do you think 100mil + out of labor force could be why it’s so hard to find a job ?

Literally four times as bad as Great Depression...

Ohio is crumbling near me , less jobs every year .
I’ll need a job that’s a desk job and those are so damn hard to find .
Literally
Hundreds of articles on Ohio collapsing .

I still think it’s possible to find a job I just haven’t had any luck . Maybe I’ll start doing applications again ...
My mental state is not so good horrible anxiety, depression, got ear pain in my left ear ... that won’t go away .
Most of time I feel hopeless like nothing matters .

Plenty of jobs in customer service, but it would be best if you can find a way past your anxiety. Meditation can work, maybe it will only help, but letting it control you isn't working. Stress sucks, but there are ways to eliminate it- I had a job that I liked, but I hated working there because of some people. I found a book that was written for people in that situation and some of the main messages included:

- If you can't do anything about the problem NOW, don't worry about it.
- If it's out of your control, don't worry about it.
- Change what you can, don't try to change what you can't.
- Look for something positive (anything), don't constantly think about the negative.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
The 3 steps you need to follow. Very simple, but it's a good starting point:

1) what is something you are good at, or want to be good at, that can make you money

2) get a piece of paper (degree or cert) that officially says you can do it

3) be willing to move. Once you have that piece of paper, nag the sh1t out of friends and relatives who live in areas with opportunities.

Extra credit:

4) have a driver's license and be able to pass a drug test

I'm not going to recant my life, but it has been a heck of a journey. I got kicked out 2 weeks after graduating high school with $1500 and no direction. I've never had to sleep outdoors but I've had to live in some unpleasant places for short periods of time. I once had a $10 per week food budget (those $.50 Tony's pizzas were life savers). I've been on unemployment, been on food stamps. Etc, etc.

The kicker is that I was smart enough to have gotten a free ride at a university at 18. But I was dumb enough not to use the opportunities I had.

I'm about to turn 50 and only have about $100k in my 401k because of how much time I wasted being a fool in my younger years. Some guys I know are barely older than me and closing in on a million. I refuse to retire with a mortgage so I've gotta bust-ass for 15 years to pay off the house we just bought last summer.

Tldr: don't wait; ACT.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks to our fascist government...

wish I could get stimulus .. they killed the economy and made it near impossible to find A job .. 5 years looking found nothing .
All citizens regardless of working or not should get money . $1800 I won’t get ... plus any more ones they pass
1930 depression looks like nothing vs today’s job market..

What a evil empire I live in ...

Why wouldn't you get one? Unless someone has claimed you as a dependent already than they would get it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Why wouldn't you get one? Unless someone has claimed you as a dependent already than they would get it.
No one claims me , I have no income . If I could file a tax return without any income I would had done it ....
Fascist government, ussr like policies that only help those working .
Those poor or out of work get no stimulus...
So that’s 1/4 of Americans get nothing I’d imagine ..

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis