No sound when connecting Nintendo Switch to Onkyo tx-nr636

K

knasper

Audiophyte
Hey,

I have this problem where i don't get any sound to play from the Switch connected to my Onkyo tx-nr636 receiver. Doesn't matter if the switch is set to surround sound, stero or mono, no sound only video.
Hdmi is output from the AV to an Samsung 98" DU9005 with ARC.
I have tried changing all kinds of settings but to no avail.

I just can't find any reason for it not to play audio. I'm very new to this stuff so if you guys have any tips, it would be much appreciated.

Having the tv mounted on the wall with no access to the back panel. I hope that there is an alternative to lifting off the tv and connecting another hdmi cable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Possibly something in the audio settings of the Switch, but how you connected the Switch to the avr, and what settings in the avr (like input assignment) could be relevant, too. You do get video okay? if the Switch or other sources into the avr can display on the tv previously it shouldn't be a setting/connection for the tv.

K

knasper

Audiophyte
Possibly something in the audio settings of the Switch, but how you connected the Switch to the avr, and what settings in the avr (like input assignment) could be relevant, too. You do get video okay? if the Switch or other sources into the avr can display on the tv previously it shouldn't be a setting/connection for the tv.
I get video okay. It's only audio missing. The AVR does register the switch with CEC too. It's connected to the 2.2 hdpc hdmi input and only output to Out MAIN. I tried connecting a pc briefly when I first got the tv and no audio then either. Work perfectly before with the old projector and old tv.

I don't know much about things like ARC but could it be that it passes through the audio to the tv, but seeming as it doesn't work on the tv speaker either I don't know.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I get video okay. It's only audio missing. The AVR does register the switch with CEC too. It's connected to the 2.2 hdpc hdmi input and only output to Out MAIN. I tried connecting a pc briefly when I first got the tv and no audio then either. Work perfectly before with the old projector and old tv.

I don't know much about things like ARC but could it be that it passes through the audio to the tv, but seeming as it doesn't work on the tv speaker either I don't know.
Sounds more like an audio setting in the Switch then. PCs usually need a settings change, too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

My Switch randomly does this and it's the aftermarket dock I use. My regular docks have never had that problem.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey,

I have this problem where i don't get any sound to play from the Switch connected to my Onkyo tx-nr636 receiver. Doesn't matter if the switch is set to surround sound, stero or mono, no sound only video.
Hdmi is output from the AV to an Samsung 98" DU9005 with ARC.
I have tried changing all kinds of settings but to no avail.

I just can't find any reason for it not to play audio. I'm very new to this stuff so if you guys have any tips, it would be much appreciated.

Having the tv mounted on the wall with no access to the back panel. I hope that there is an alternative to lifting off the tv and connecting another hdmi cable.
Do you get audio from other sources connected to your receiver? If you do and the audio from the switch is enabled on the switch input, then the problem is with the switch.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis