No Biggie........Yeah Right!!!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Today, I drove all the way across town to go by my local Kmart to pick up some cereal that was in their ad. As always, they NEVER have what is in their ad. So, I preceded to go to the front desk and ask if they had any and was simply told sorry. :(:( Then, the clerk went on to tell me they had just gotten a truck so there may actually be some cereal on it but not for sure. I asked if she could call and check and she did. However, the clerk was told no there is not any. The thing is though, it is Thursday not Sunday when the new ads come in the Sunday Newspapers and they still don't have any.

I got a rain check and left Kmart only to go by my nearest Rite Aide for their deal on Diet Pepsi. What did I find, yes you guess it as they were out too. Now, I have gone in on Sundays to get the good deals from the likes of Kmart/Rite Aide and they were out then too. So, is this NOT false advertisement? I mean, it happens now and then but every single time is a different story altogether. After all, gas is nearly $4 a gallon and I ended up wasting it to get the good deals. Help me out am I wrong here to feel this way? What are the chances of this happening every single time I go to these places for good deals. What gives I ask you???? Is this what America is coming to as far as customer service is concerned??? :confused::confused:

I later decided to stop by a local grocery store as they had a decent deal on Diet Pepsi. The offer was 4 for $12 w/a $1 off coupon redeemable ONLY at this particular grocery store. I asked the clerk if it was $12 after the coupon was applied OR would it actually be $11 once the coupon was taken off. She told me it would actually be $11. So, got my Diet Pepsi's and went through the line. Without paying attention, I ended up being charged $12 plus tax. Looked at my receipt and noticed the clerk did take my coupon off. But, it was $12 after the coupon NOT before. In other words, the clerk was WRONG!!!! At that point, I was too tired to go back in and argue that point. As such, I just went on home. Guess, it just is not my day ...LOL!!!! :p:p

In closing, just asking how others here feel about things such as this. To me, it is sad that customer service is practically non-existent these days. It almost seems like nobody really cares much about anything. Are things really getting that bad out there? How do you all feel??? Feel free to comment.

Last edited:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
that stuff really pisses me off too... they probably know they have a limited supply of the sale items just to get you in the store. It may be to your best interest to call ahead and make sure what you are wanting is in stock before driving to the store.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
that stuff really pisses me off too... they probably know they have a limited supply of the sale items just to get you in the store. It may be to your best interest to call ahead and make sure what you are wanting is in stock before driving to the store.
Yeah, I have done just that. But, you get there and they are still out and tell me they just ran out. I am like ..........yeah right!!!!!! Good advice though Glock.

Cheers,

Phil

J

jamie2112

Banned
Phil you have entered the the bizzaro world today. It will all change when you go to sleep.....I have one of those days very couple of weeks...:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil you have entered the the bizzaro world today. It will all change when you go to sleep.....I have one of those days very couple of weeks...:D
Guess we all do Jamie. Did I mention I could not get my mower started? I used my Mom's instead. Gettin sleepy as we speak...........LOL!!!!! :p:p

Cheers,

Phil

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Maybe a higher power doesn't want you to put Diet Pepsi on cereal :D

Actually I just had the opposite experience. Phoned ahead to check availability on some products I wanted to purchase and was told a four to six week wait. After calling a couple other places and getting close to the same answer, I decided to just buy the stuff and wait. Into the store....in stock...free delivery....and a bonus was the price was 15% lower than their posted price that I planned on paying. Some days you eat the bear....some days the bear eats you.

Mort

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rain Check?

You drove across town for cereal? I hope you have a small town.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Actually I just had the opposite experience. Phoned ahead to check availability on some products I wanted to purchase and was told a four to six week wait. After calling a couple other places and getting close to the same answer, I decided to just buy the stuff and wait. Into the store....in stock...free delivery....and a bonus was the price was 15% lower than their posted price that I planned on paying. Some days you eat the bear....some days the bear eats you.

Mort
Yeah, we all have our good days and we all have the bad ones too. What bothers me more than anything though, is this is a consistent problem. That is why it could be considered false advertising to some extent. It sounds like you came out pretty good. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil

Senior Audioholic
The Sunday ads are put out by some central corperate ad department.

I had the same issue with a regional chain and a table that was often on sale but never in stock. I escalated it as far as I could and that was the answer I got. If you read the fine print in the Sunday ad you might find where is says something like "local participation may vary", meaning no store is really required to have any of the items in the ad in stock or offer them at the sale price.

You mentioned gas prices. You would be better off just paying full price for your cereal and soda the you would driving all over trying to save $1.

N

niget2002

Junior Audioholic
When it comes to groceries, I take convenience over price every day... literaly.

There is an Albertsons that is on the Right side of the road on my way home from work. It is at a very busy intersection with a Kroger across the street. The Albertson's always gets my business because in order to get into the Kroger I'd have to turn left across a 3-lane road right next to a light... twice!

What's funny is since Albertson's got rid of their card, I've noticed the grocery prices are about the same between the two.

For us, we're in a big enough city that no matter what's on sale or where, the store nearby always has it in stock... There's never enough demand to completely deplete suplies.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
So you said you drove across town to save on cereal and then to another store to buy pop........how smart is that when you have to spend all that fuel in the process? Spend a buck in gas to save $.50 at the store......brilliant!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Rain Check?

You drove across town for cereal? I hope you have a small town.
No John, I drove across town to get several things. I was given a rain check b/c they were out of the Cheerios that was in their ad. I do reside in a small town with a population of about 30,000 people. I usually try to make a loop as a means to save on gas. However, when i go to that part of town and come back empty handed, then I wasted my gas. At nearly $4 a gallon it really is a big deal. It has just been one of those days I guess. But, at least I am laughing about it.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. I will drive out to a store for a good deal too, but with gas prices the way they are I have to agree that I make sure I plan those trips so I hit everything in one trip. We don't have a tough time finding things in stock around here either though. Nearly $4 consider that a plus, since it is well over $4 here for 87.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So you said you drove across town to save on cereal and then to another store to buy pop........how smart is that when you have to spend all that fuel in the process? Spend a buck in gas to save $.50 at the store......brilliant!
Well, you see the two stores are very close in proximity. I didn't just drive across town for the sole purpose of just buying cereal and pop. Like I said, I usually make a large loop so I can SAVE gas and thus not make too many trips. To answer your question "how smart is that" quite frankly yes it is. BTW, I actually would have saved about $10 by just buying the cereal and pop if it had been in stock. Right now $10 is a whole lot of money to me.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
LOL. I will drive out to a store for a good deal too, but with gas prices the way they are I have to agree that I make sure I plan those trips so I hit everything in one trip. We don't have a tough time finding things in stock around here either though. Nearly $4 consider that a plus, since it is well over $4 here for 87.
Ouch John-over $4 p/gallon. :eek::eek: Feeling that pain here in West KY already. Sure hope it comes down to more affordable levels. The loop thing usually yields better results than what I got today. Oh well, life is crappy sometimes so we all just have to take the bad and keep moving forward. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
When it comes to groceries, I take convenience over price every day... literaly.
I do the same. There is a Safeway right by where I work so I usually go there but depending on whether or not they're having a sale on Coke I'll usually stop at Wal-Mart (also along my commute) to get that. One thing I have noticed about Safeway is that they usually don't seem to run out of sale items. Sometimes they have a "buy 2 get 3 free" sale on Coke products and they always have plenty in stock. The bagels and cinnamon rolls from their bakery are soooo good too. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I do the same. There is a Safeway right by where I work so I usually go there but depending on whether or not they're having a sale on Coke I'll usually stop at Wal-Mart (also along my commute) to get that. One thing I have noticed about Safeway is that they usually don't seem to run out of sale items. Sometimes they have a "buy 2 get 3 free" sale on Coke products and they always have plenty in stock. The bagels and cinnamon rolls from their bakery are soooo good too. :)
Dang, you are making me hungry. Luckily, my local Walmart is not too far away like less than 2-3 miles. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

Mort
My thought was that it was God's way of telling you not to eat and drink that stuff. :)
But if you insist on using your free will you may as well put the Pepsi on the Corn Puffs. :D
I can't stand cereal or soda so it's easy for me to talk.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My thought was that it was God's way of telling you not to eat and drink that stuff. :)
But if you insist on using your free will you may as well put the Pepsi on the Corn Puffs. :D
I can't stand cereal or soda so it's easy for me to talk.
Hi Alex, good to hear from you. Hope all is well my friend. It could be that God wanted me to eat something else........LOL!!!!! :p:p Wonder what he has in store for me next??? :eek::eek: Maybe a brand new SVS Ultra or perhaps a second one???? Sure would be nice. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
When I first posted a reply it was before you clarified a few points but all the same it makes no sense to go to multiple stores when you can get everything in one place, maybe some things are lower and a few things are a bit higher priced but I believe not only in saving gas but also time.....time is worth money too IMO. I am not trying to knock anyone for how they do things, to each their own and god bless.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis