No Biggie........Yeah Right!!!!!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ouch John-over $4 p/gallon. :eek::eek: Feeling that pain here in West KY already. Sure hope it comes down to more affordable levels. The loop thing usually yields better results than what I got today. Oh well, life is crappy sometimes so we all just have to take the bad and keep moving forward. :):)

Cheers,

Phil
The Friday before last weekend, the holiday weekend that is, gas jumped almost 20 cents in 2 days, so it went from just under $4 to about $4.15 average and that varies all the way up to about $4.50 for 87. That is out of control. It is definitely starting to show with restaraunts being less crowded both at lunch and dinner.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The Friday before last weekend, the holiday weekend that is, gas jumped almost 20 cents in 2 days, so it went from just under $4 to about $4.15 average and that varies all the way up to about $4.50 for 87. That is out of control. It is definitely starting to show with restaraunts being less crowded both at lunch and dinner.
Yeah, I have notice similar trends here in W. KY. Another pattern I have seen is gas always goes up around the very end of the month or the beginning of next respective month. Perhaps, this is due to people getting their checks on the 1st or 3rd of each month. Likewise, gas shoots up like you just described right before and during a holiday. Yet, nobody is being prosecuted for price gouging. :rolleyes::rolleyes: It is sad that things are moving in this direction with no end in sight. Right now, it is close to $4 per/gallon and is keeping me broke. Have a great weekend John.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
When I first posted a reply it was before you clarified a few points but all the same it makes no sense to go to multiple stores when you can get everything in one place, maybe some things are lower and a few things are a bit higher priced but I believe not only in saving gas but also time.....time is worth money too IMO. I am not trying to knock anyone for how they do things, to each their own and god bless.
Chad, no offense was taken. I agree with respect to saving on gas and time. However, we all find ways to stretch our pennies further. Just the other day my plan failed as that happens to the best of us. :p:p Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Phil

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Phil, I have encountered very similar situations recently with the Lowe's store where i live. I have been there 5 times in the last 2 weeks to buy an item i see on the Lowe's web site. 5 out of the last 5 times i have walked away disappointed! I wouldn't mind so much if it was only once in a while, but every time? I even typed in the store number to be sure my Local Lowe's has this stuff. Every time the web site says it can be had right there locally. So today asked the store manager about this. He simply responded "I'm sorry we have no control over the web site". I proceeded to tell him that i had spent a lot of money there over the last few months for building supplies for our new home. We just today received $3000 worth of appliances from them. We got all of our doors from them, not sure how much they cost. We also bought $2000 worth of lighting and fans from there. So after i told him that he said he would call someone about it. It seems to me like the big thing with people in today's retail stores is that, they don't care if the service is lacking, just as long as it isn't their fault or something they can be held accountable for. I think it is actually more of a society shift than an individual thing. No one wants to be held accountable for anything anymore. Anyway im done ranting.

Peace,
Tommy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, I have encountered very similar situations recently with the Lowe's store where i live. I have been there 5 times in the last 2 weeks to buy an item i see on the Lowe's web site. 5 out of the last 5 times i have walked away disappointed! I wouldn't mind so much if it was only once in a while, but every time? I even typed in the store number to be sure my Local Lowe's has this stuff. Every time the web site says it can be had right there locally. So today asked the store manager about this. He simply responded "I'm sorry we have no control over the web site". I proceeded to tell him that i had spent a lot of money there over the last few months for building supplies for our new home. We just today received $3000 worth of appliances from them. We got all of our doors from them, not sure how much they cost. We also bought $2000 worth of lighting and fans from there. So after i told him that he said he would call someone about it. It seems to me like the big thing with people in today's retail stores is that, they don't care if the service is lacking, just as long as it isn't their fault or something they can be held accountable for. I think it is actually more of a society shift than an individual thing. No one wants to be held accountable for anything anymore. Anyway im done ranting.

Peace,
Tommy
Hey Tommy sorry you are having such problems. Here, we recently got a Lowe's and so far have had good luck with them. However, I am not buying that much from them either. I do agree that most don't really care as long as it is NOT their rear end on the line. I will go one further in that most don't seem to want to take any initiative either. You know, the old "I am so sorry sir" routine followed by a bunch of excuses. Which to me is nothing more than a load of horse-sh*t if you ask me. Anyways, hope you can find this item sooner or later. Good luck my friend and God Bless.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have to say too that with gas and the economy, likely a LOT more people are going to be shopping for sales and with coupons, which might explain items out of stock.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have to say too that with gas and the economy, likely a LOT more people are going to be shopping for sales and with coupons, which might explain items out of stock.
Hi John. I agree that could be part of the problem. But, things such as milk use to have a much later date on them and would thus last longer. Now, I find myself buying more milk at high prices, yet I end up pouring most of it out. Just don't use much milk ONLY for my cereal in the morning.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hi John. I agree that could be part of the problem. But, things such as milk use to have a much later date on them and would thus last longer. Now, I find myself buying more milk at high prices, yet I end up pouring most of it out. Just don't use much milk ONLY for my cereal in the morning.
Same here. I pretty much always have milk in the fridge, but only for cereal and for cooking certain things, but rarely do I ever just sit down and have a glass of milk with meals; maybe with a dessert. Some weeks it gets used, others it may not.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Same here. I pretty much always have milk in the fridge, but only for cereal and for cooking certain things, but rarely do I ever just sit down and have a glass of milk with meals; maybe with a dessert. Some weeks it gets used, others it may not.
I even notice that my soft drinks date is much closer to being outdated. For example, bought a 6-pack 24 oz diet pepsi caffeine free the other day and noticed it just did NOT taste very good. :eek::eek: Got to looking at the expiration date and it already passed by a few days. Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper. Now, I pay much more attention to that and as such have not had any further problems. Guess things are really tightening up on everything no matter what it is. Sometimes though, this can be a good thing whereas others it can bite you in the *ss. :D:D

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis