Niveus Media Ships First Vista HTPC with Digital Cable Support

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Niveus Media is now shipping the company’s high-performance, Digital Cable Compatible, 2007 media centers – the Summit Series’ Rainier and Denali Editions, and the Pro Series’ n9 and n7 which are CableCARD-ready. These are the first HTPCs to take advantage of the new Cable Labs agreement and Vista certification program.

Discuss "Niveus Media Ships First Vista HTPC with Digital Cable Support" here. View the article at:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/press-releases/niveus-media-ships-first-vista-htpc-with-digital-cable-support.html.

C

cusky5oh

Enthusiast
DIY cable card?

Niveus Media looks to be offering a really good media center package for those who can afford it, why is it that a person can build a media center camparable to Niveus' most expensive product, but cost thousands less, (minus the cable card support, which to me, doesnt mean a whole lot) i think i need to get into the media center building business.
1 media center following a home theater component form factor,
core 2 duo processor,
2 gigs memory,
nvidia 8800 gtx
dual hdtv tuners/1 analog
1 terabyte storage
$2500.
similar Niveus product,
$7000?

These products are not targeted to the DUY crowd, but to people and dealers who demand support and products that don't involve a lot of work to set up and configure. An HTPC is definitely NOT an easy thing to set up for most people.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis