Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing really new to update.

The cabinets for my Song 3 Towers are glued up. That's it! lol
I hope you already saw Jim's post yesterday on AC:

The governor of Michigan is having a press conference as I write this. She just announced a complete shutdown of all non-essential businesses.​
With everyone in isolation for a while, one could argue that having the ability to play soothing music is "essential." But I don't know if that argument would hold any water where we're concerned. And they are talking about heavy fines for those not complying.​
The bottom line is that we aren't quite sure at this point if we will be able to continue work for a while.​
In the meantime, we will always be available via email and phone for support and/or questions.​
I'll try and post more information as we have it.​
- Jim​

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nothing really new to update. The 4500H is doing the job. I still need to figure out some of the settings that are different from the 4000H. The cabinets for my Song 3 Towers are glued up. That's it! lol
Noted...I think I knew you had and order brewing with Jim...I guess I never saw where it was going until now....looks good!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I hope you already saw Jim's post yesterday on AC:

The governor of Michigan is having a press conference as I write this. She just announced a complete shutdown of all non-essential businesses.​
With everyone in isolation for a while, one could argue that having the ability to play soothing music is "essential." But I don't know if that argument would hold any water where we're concerned. And they are talking about heavy fines for those not complying.​
The bottom line is that we aren't quite sure at this point if we will be able to continue work for a while.​
In the meantime, we will always be available via email and phone for support and/or questions.​
I'll try and post more information as we have it.​
- Jim​
I did not see that, but I was expecting it to impact my order at some point.

2channel lover

Nothing really new to update. The 4500H is doing the job. I still need to figure out some of the settings that are different from the 4000H. The cabinets for my Song 3 Towers are glued up. That's it! lol
You're getting close...for me...once they hit the glued up stage, it went fairly quick to completion...covid-19 might have something to do with that now I trust.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You're getting close...for me...once they hit the glued up stage, it went fairly quick to completion
Ya, it really depends on the veneer and the dye though, how much work they have to do to get the colors they are shooting for. Once we got to the place where the cabs were ready to shoot, they did go pretty fast, though. :)

@NINaudio Here's to a boatload of patience!
1585062498627.png

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ya, it really depends on the veneer and the dye though, how much work they have to do to get the colors they are shooting for. Once we got to the place where the cabs were ready to shoot, they did go pretty fast, though. :)

@NINaudio Here's to a boatload of patience!
View attachment 34824
Hey, it's been 20 years since the last time I bought speakers. What's a few more months?!

2channel lover

Hey, it's been 20 years since the last time I bought speakers. What's a few more months?!
It was the same for me...I think you already know they will be worth it.

2channel lover

Yep. My job was probably not that difficult for Jim.

Maybe I'm an odd ball, I've seen some of the most beautiful veneers to come out of his shop...once I decided on the model, Jim was probably prepared for a drawn out decision on the veneer as he said many people labor over it....I took less than 5 minutes to decide on the cabinets...my B&Ws were natural cherry...so you probably can guess what my Song3 A cabinets are...natural cherry.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
My progress tracker is up to 29%/29%, my (eventual) new front 3 are now veneered!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My progress tracker is up to 29%/29%, my (eventual) new front 3 are now veneered!
Aw man, when I saw you bumped I thought MAYBE...

Hang in there bro. I think those gorgeous cabs are worth the wait. That's my only regret going with Ascend and settling for an average finish. There really is something to be said for visual impact. I do miss seeing those big shiny towers with the cool looking drivers.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Aw man, when I saw you bumped I thought MAYBE...

Hang in there bro. I think those gorgeous cabs are worth the wait. That's my only regret going with Ascend and settling for an average finish. There really is something to be said for visual impact. I do miss seeing those big shiny towers with the cool looking drivers.
Yeah, I was kind of amazed at how much of a visual impact you lost going from the Ultras to the Ascends. At this point I may still be working from home when they're done.

Now for the fun part as it takes several weeks of shooting, sanding and sealing! :D
Jim said that we should be 30-40 days out now, which is fantastic!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I do miss seeing those big shiny towers with the cool looking drivers.
Says the guy that doesn't have a 6, 5, and 3 yo to fingerprint those suckers up.

Love me some piano black, but not while the midgets are little.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Jim said that we should be 30-40 days out now, which is fantastic!
Well, it's been 40 days, and I'm thinking that Jim and co. are still adjusting to new ways of working in the era of Covid. I'm at 52% (2nd sealer coat applied) as of this morning.

Edited to add: I'm chomping at the bit for them to be finished...

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well, it's been 40 days, and I'm thinking that Jim and co. are still adjusting to new ways of working in the era of Covid. I'm at 52% (2nd sealer coat applied) as of this morning.

Edited to add: I'm chomping at the bit for them to be finished...
I said it before... this is the hardest part, isn’t it. :) When you see it move into assembly and testing, that’s when you can start celebrating! :D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I said it before... this is the hardest part, isn’t it. :) When you see it move into assembly and testing, that’s when you can start celebrating! :D
Yes, it's definitely just getting more difficult as time goes on and I'm spending all of it at home!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I feel for you man. I really do. You've already been waiting a long time.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's like you guys are waiting for a baby to be born ... into a loving family.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Final topcoat is now completed! They stand at 69% done. Assembly and testing are the next two steps!

It's like you guys are waiting for a baby to be born ... into a loving family.
My glass tops are finished from the glass shop, have to pick them up this week. I've got my natural rubber pads (no plasticizers to mess up the finish) from rugpad USA, some double sided tape, and cat deterring plastic spike yard strips. I'm ready for them to arrive!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis