Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
As for using the other system for music. It’s difficult to get a real feel for the space from a sideways picture, but if it were mine, I’d try a couple things. First, I might try and get those mains a little closer to the display. From the pic angle, it looks like you could benefit for 2ch as you mentioned soundstage/imaging problems from being too far apart. Also, it could help with off screen panning with movies. Ime speakers too far off screen will make pans teleport from the side of the screen to well past where you’d expect them to go. If there’s room, “I” would put the sub in the corner, remove the acoustic panels and scoot the mains in. See what it sounds like. Heck, maybe try the NHT’s as mains too, cause why not?
Also(going off memory still) it looks like the center could come either all the way forward to the edge of the stand, or up in front of the tv. Although the tv might need a riser for that. That should help acoustically, and put the tweeters on the same(or closer) plane.
Ok, back to honey-do...
I used to have the ST4s as mains. Right now sit 10ft away from the TV and center, I have the front mains 15 feet apart. I thought for movies you have the mains 1.5 x your distance and for music you sit 1.5x the distance between your speakers. I could go back to the I had it as a equal triangle and just be happy. Just always wanted a music only 2 channel set up. I just don't have the right space available.
As for the center the tweeter is 29 inches off the ground and the fronts are 32 inches. I I go back to using the ST4s they are 30 inches off the ground. This is the NHT series that placed the tweeter under the woofer. Oh and the acoustic panels used to be behind the fronts to help with them being so close to the wall. If I go back to that I will also take my dipole rears down and use the SB3s and surrounds on the stands in the correct placement. As for the sub I might try it in the corner of I have room. It's a monster lol
I'll have to wait and see what happens this weekend. I have a line on some NHT T5 towers, and a Anthem 2 channel amp. Just always wanted a set of T5 or T6 for some reason lol. It always nice to get another person's perspective. I wish I knew some local audio guys to get together with. Thanks goodness for great forums like this!

S

SMc

Enthusiast
No NHT love, I might have to demo some other brands. Not much local stuff for me. One shop sells paradigm and Martin logan but never have anything much for demo
I'll chime in because I love my NHT C3/SuperOne theater system. New C4s should sound much like what you have already with possible dynamic range improvements. However, C3s and subwoofer(s) might be cheaper. Check out Sound&Vision for T5 measurements (under "T6"). The C3s measure very well!

Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
Change of plans, might but the 2 channel set up here. I can put the speakers 7ft apart and be 8 back from them. Should be a better location and not have anything in the way. Not ideal but better?

Attachments

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Moved the set up and it sounds night and day better! Still debating on some new speakers, will see what black Friday brings lol. Thanks for all the help!
Continue to enjoy the audio adventure

Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
Okay things have changed again lol. Looking at getting the Canton 9.2 DC or something in that range. Maybe the Elac BS243.4?

Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
Im just happy with the area now, sounds much better and now it would be worth it to upgrade my speakers finally. Plus I just bought the wife a Aaron Rodger Singed Jersey so I have some leverage to spend the money lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nice work man! Nice to see your journey going well.

Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
Look at and sold each

Canton Chrono SL 596 ... a real good price

Wharfedale Reva-5 ... special closeout pricing

For $100 extra - Revel Concerta F35
Do you think the Canton 9.2 DC would be better then a cheaper tower if I already have a sub to use?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
You’re probably going to crossover at 80hz anyhow With towers people sometimes crossover at 60hz. Towers would be capable to be louder with their extra drivers.

How big is the room? Is it open to other areas? I think you have a Rythmik FV18?

In my 17x17 den (sealed room). I have Vento 836 with 7in woofers on stands. (Chrono SL 556.2 center and Chrono SL 516.2 sides). I have a Rythmik LVX12 sub but I might try my dual HSU VTF2mk5 in there after I install 4 ceiling speakers.... Anyhow the Vento 836 are very loud. Plenty of volume and more than I will need in that room. :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Do you think the Canton 9.2 DC would be better then a cheaper tower if I already have a sub to use?
Yes better than a cheaper tower; you want the best detail, definition, and depth, that you can afford.

Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
Room is 13 x 43, theater is on one end with the FV18. I would use a NHT U1 system with this if needed. This set up is pretty much in the middle. Not ideal but I'm just happy to have a separate system. I really wanted the Eminent Technology LFT-8bs but they really need a deeper room then my area allows.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Room is 13 x 43, theater is on one end with the FV18. I would use a NHT U1 system with this if needed. This set up is pretty much in the middle. Not ideal but I'm just happy to have a separate system. I really wanted the Eminent Technology LFT-8bs but they really need a deeper room then my area allows.
So are you sitting with the couch against one wall 13ft away? You should be good.

Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
So are you sitting with the couch against one wall 13ft away? You should be good.
I will be in the chair, room is 13 feet deep, I was told they need to be 3 feet from the wall. I would probably be 8ft from them and be very close to the back wall. They would stick out into the walk way.

Attachments

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I will be in the chair, room is 13 feet deep, I was told they need to be 3 feet from the wall. I would probably be 8ft from them and be very close to the back wall. They would stick out into the walk way.
Hmm not sure you need 3ft from the wall. My Vento 836 are about 2ft from the wall. Anyhow my question had more to do with if you were 20ft away or something.

Jivinjoe

Jivinjoe

Junior Audioholic
Hmm not sure you need 3ft from the wall. My Vento 836 are about 2ft from the wall. Anyhow my question had more to do with if you were 20ft away or something.
Oh I was talking about the LFT-8b needing that distance. Sorry

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with the idea to get the best bookshelf you can afford and pair with great subs like your Rythmik. That Ref 9.2 is an excellent choice.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree with the idea to get the best bookshelf you can afford and pair with great subs like your Rythmik. That Ref 9.2 is an excellent choice.
Bookshelf? Never!!!!!

Yes. I know... I just have to be a jackass sometimes. I WILL own some of those someday. Yeah right, I have kids...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis