NHT 2.5i Beautiful Black Piano Finish

Matt34

Matt34

Thanks, I have listened to them a lot in the past week; in my main room and in my office. The past 3 nights I have really started to enjoy the sound of them in the office and almost decided to keep them but they are just too big for the small room. They really do have a sweet sound to them.

I guess I can be happy with the fact that I got to play with them for a couple of weeks, flipped them for more than I paid (even higher than listed on here) and got a free AVR out of the deal even though it is an old one.

Another thing I have decided, since playing a good system in my office, is that I really like using the CPU directly for all my music. I bought an outboard DAC and just the ease and interface of playing directly from WMP is much better than going to the music server on the Denon. I bet you 10 bucks that my next thread is asking about laptops again as I really want to introduce one into my main set up.
Check out BoredsystemAdim thread on the $300 HTPC.;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think his stuff is a little more complex than what I am looking for. I just want a laptop that I can load a ton of music onto and use WMP11 to play WAV files.

That way, I can still drag the laptop out to the pool and jack around on the internet this summer.
Check out BoredsystemAdim thread on the $300 HTPC.;)

C

cbozdog

Audiophyte
Buy my 2.5i in black piano

Conservatively rated 7/10 pair of 2.5i. I have enjoyed them for 3+ years - this was my second used purchase on Audiogon. The black piano gloss shines and the drivers are in pristine condition and impecable audio-wise. Adequate amplification (Acurus, Conrad-Johnson) always played at moderate levels.

3-way full range with separate vented enclosure for the subwoofer. Can be biwired / biamped. 86db sensitivity / 6 ohms nominal impedance.

Frequency response: 29Hz - 25KHz, +/- 3db

I don't have boxes - prefer local transaction around San Francisco South Bay area. Manual in pdf format.

To sweeten the deal - I'm throwing in for free the 8-foot biwire AudioQuest Midnight 3 Hyperlitz I used with these speakers - a great match, thickest cable i have ever used and a great deal altogether. Enjoy!

Asking $505 for the speakers and cable.

Currently posted on audiogon as item 1277878944.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Why is it that there are some many people with nice audio equipment in SF and they always say local pick up only? I've heard the horror stories about UPS and SF but I believe FedEX has a presense there.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Long story but these are up for sale. 9/10 condition. I don't have boxes so would prefer local pick up in the DFW, TX area.

$465

Technical Details
3-way vented design
Bi-wireable
8-inch long-throw subwoofer, 6.5-inch polypropylene midrange, 1-inch fluid-cooled aluminum-dome tweeter
29 to 25,000 Hz frequency response High-gloss, black exterior

NHT loudspeakers are designed to deliver refined music in an attractive and affordable package. Every NHT speaker undergoes rigorous testing and quality control at the factory to ensure years of listening pleasure. The Model 2.5i represents a new approach to three-way loudspeaker design. By integrating the components and design principles of NHT's critically acclaimed compact speakers with a built-in subwoofer, the 2.5i delivers the clarity and precision of the finest two-way designs along with the dynamic range of much larger loudspeaker systems. Inside the Model 2.5i are two separate chambers. The midrange and high-frequency drivers are housed in a sealed subenclosure and are located on a narrow front baffle to improve imaging. The 8-inch long-throw subwoofer is housed in a separate vented enclosure and is mounted on the side of the cabinet for consistent bass loading. Incorporating NHT's proprietary Focused Image Geometry design, the Model 2.5i's custom-designed drivers and enclosure achieve a level of tonal neutrality and imaging precision unsurpassed at their price.

NHT's Focused Image Geometry design determines the 21-degree angle that defines the 2.5i's cabinet, as well as the sound-radiation pattern of the system. The irregular enclosure shape greatly increases the ratio of direct-to-reverberant sound, reducing side-wall reflections and concentrating sound in the listening area. The exact angles at which the sound from the speakers reaches the ears of centrally located listeners is calculated to create what is known in acoustics as minimum "interaural cross-correlation." This technique allows the Model 2.5i to properly recreate the natural acoustic ambiance and perspective contained in good recordings. In addition, the radiating axes of the left and right speakers are crossed, providing "time-intensity trading," so that the stereo image remains focused and stabilized in a wide range of listening positions. The cabinet shape also reduces the formation of internal standing waves, resulting in smoother midrange response.

Focused Image Geometry is the heart of NHT's high-performance audio loudspeakers. The Model 2.5i employs custom-designed European drivers, including an offset aluminum-dome tweeter that boasts extremely smooth response, even at high listening levels. Its 6.5-inch midrange and 8-inch woofer are the result of extensive in-house development and are custom manufactured for precise roll-off and radiation characteristics.With the increasing popularity of home theater systems, many audio-video enthusiasts are building combined entertainment systems for both music and movies. When the Model 2.5i is used in a home theater system, be sure to augment it with timbre-matched speakers to ensure a seamless soundfield.Some audio enthusiasts have found that bi-wiring can bring about improvements in sound. Bi-wiring is the use of two pairs of speaker cable and one amplifier, with each pair connected to one set of binding posts on the amplifier (some two-channel amplifiers provide two sets). To bi-wire the 2.5i's, connect the top pair of binding posts to the amplifier with one speaker cable, and the bottom pair with a second cable. The two sets of speaker cable are both connected to the same pair of terminals on the amplifier.

Product Description
The 2.5i cabinet consists of two internal chambers: one houses the upper range drivers identical to the 1.5, while the balance of cabinet volume is devoted to the side-loaded 8" subwoofer. The subwoofer not only provides deep bass response to 29Hz, but allows to cross-over the midrange at a higher point so the system plays louder with lower distortion. The 2.5i is the last speaker most people will ever need.

These are back up for sale local only.

My Brother in Law has had them since 2010. He doesn't abuse things with volume but he isn't very delicate so I am sure they have scratches on them. He is asking $200 but would likely take $150.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

My Brother in Law has had them since 2010. He doesn't abuse things with volume but he isn't very delicate so I am sure they have scratches on them. He is asking $200 but would likely take $150.
Nice! At $150-$200, I would be on those like white on rice if I lived in the area!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd say you could use a nice garage system but ... who the hell wants to be outside in that heat when you could just go up to the attic and melt. :rolleyes:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Man that price is super tempting. Feel like making a delivery? :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis