Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Saw JJ McCarthy is out for season. Who is the Vikings qb now? Darnold. It might be a long season. :p
The Vikes are cursed. They make history the wrong way with the injury to a rookie 1st round QB Hopefully he makes a full recovery next year.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Saw JJ McCarthy is out for season. Who is the Vikings qb now? Darnold. It might be a long season. :p
Viking fan here. We'll be fine. McCarthy wasn't going to start the season. Darnold has never had the tools to succeed like he has now. Two top tackles, Jefferson, Hockenson, Addison and A-a-ron Jones. Unfortunately, it looks like the division will be very tough.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
The Vikes are cursed. They make history the wrong way with the injury to a rookie 1st round QB Hopefully he makes a full recovery next year.
He'll make a full recovery long before next season. It was a meniscus repair. Those take months, not a year. He is on IR now before the season, which means he would not be eligible to return to the roster later this year.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Still won't be as long a season Saints are going to have. I'm expecting the Offensive line to be worse than it was last year and last year was pretty bad.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
He'll make a full recovery long before next season. It was a meniscus repair. Those take months, not a year. He is on IR now before the season, which means he would not be eligible to return to the roster later this year.
Meniscus tear uhu? That's the beginning of the end of his knee for such a young man. I've had two meniscus tears ended up with a total knee replacement but then again I was 55 at the time. Vikings should win 7-8 games. Saints 6-7 games. Gotta think positive! at least both teams get a high draft pick next year in the 1st round.:)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Meniscus tear uhu? That's the beginning of the end of his knee for such a young man. I've had two meniscus tears ended up with a total knee replacement but then again I was 55 at the time. Vikings should win 7-8 games. Saints 6-7 games. Gotta think positive! at least both teams get a high draft pick next year in the 1st round.:)
Vikings' defensive backfield was in serious trouble before this morning. Specifically at cornerback. We went from bottom to at least respectable (and that is a yuuuge jump) by signing Stephen Gilmore to a one year, $10 million contract.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Vikings' defensive backfield was in serious trouble before this morning. Specifically at cornerback. We went from bottom to at least respectable (and that is a yuuuge jump) by signing Stephen Gilmore to a one year, $10 million contract.
Saints, gonna have a Respectable defense again this year. Dennis Allen being a defensive minded coach, beefed up his Secondary, With, Mackenzie Kool Aid pick out of Alabama. Offensive line, what Offensive line?. There are 3 new Starters, the rest will be rookies and backups gonna be a long year. Saints have been running the same Offensive scheme since 06. Under the new offensive coordinator will be the first time they've run something different and from what is coming out of the media it's not looking too good. Anytime something new is used, takes two, three seasons to see if it is even a viable scheme. As anyone knows or should know games are won in the trenches.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Saints, gonna have a Respectable defense again this year. Dennis Allen being a defensive minded coach, beefed up his Secondary, With, Mackenzie Kool Aid pick out of Alabama. Offensive line, what Offensive line?. There are 3 new Starters, the rest will be rookies and backups gonna be a long year. Saints have been running the same Offensive scheme since 06. Under the new offensive coordinator will be the first time they've run something different and from what is coming out of the media it's not looking too good. Anytime something new is used, takes two, three seasons to see if it is even a viable scheme. As anyone knows or should know games are won in the trenches.
My favorite player on your defense is Cameron Jordan, not only because he is great, but mostly because my all-time favorite Vikings tight end was his dad, Steve Jordan. He was sensational. Played in the 80's. He was always a fun TV interview with his multiple 8-syllable words. ha.
Steve Jordan is on the 50 greatest Vikings list. https://www.vikings.com/team/legends/50-greatest-vikings

Last edited:
T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
My favorite player on your defense is Cameron Jordan, not only because he is great, but mostly because my all-time favorite Vikings tight end was his dad, Steve Jordan. He was sensational. Played in the 80's. He was always a fun TV interview with his multiple 8-syllable words. ha.
Steve Jordan is on the 50 greatest Vikings list. https://www.vikings.com/team/legends/50-greatest-vikings
Cam It's definitely a chip off the old block. Dude does some really Funny interviews. Pretty sure it's gonna be Cam's last year. Maybe one more maybe. I do feel after this season, next season Saints start a real full rebuild. They let Cam, Demario Davis retire give Alvin Kamara Marshawn Lattimore walking papers. They'll keep Carr though 2026 then trade him. I do expect over the next two seasons Saints use their next 1st round picks on offensive lineman. Travis Penning 2022, 19th,1st round Offensive lineman is a bust.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Cam It's definitely a chip off the old block. Dude does some really Funny interviews. Pretty sure it's gonna be Cam's last year. Maybe one more maybe. I do feel after this season, next season Saints start a real full rebuild. They let Cam, Demario Davis retire give Alvin Kamara Marshawn Lattimore walking papers. They'll keep Carr though 2026 then trade him. I do expect over the next two seasons Saints use their next 1st round picks on offensive lineman. Travis Penning 2022, 19th,1st round Offensive lineman is a bust.
Good for you that you got rid of the anti-Vike Sean Payton.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Russ didn't exactly light it up at QB yesterday. This might indeed become Fields team.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You can have all the offensive tools you like. If it's Darnold than I can't get excited. The conference has drastically changed with Detroit playing better and the rise of Love. With Cam on board, at best on paper the Vikes look to tie with Chicago for last place. We'll see how it turns out, but in all honesty I can't watch the Vikes.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
You can have all the offensive tools you like. If it's Darnold than I can't get excited. The conference has drastically changed with Detroit playing better and the rise of Love. With Cam on board, at best on paper the Vikes look to tie with Chicago for last place. We'll see how it turns out, but in all honesty I can't watch the Vikes.
Darnold will not be as heinous as you think. And "the rise of" Love, for me is yet to be determined.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
The Vikes need some positive karma. Can’t believe the Lions were a few plays away from the Super Bowl. Gilmore is a step in the right direction but they need top QB play to win in a QB league.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
The Vikes need some positive karma. Can’t believe the Lions were a few plays away from the Super Bowl. Gilmore is a step in the right direction but they need top QB play to win in a QB league.
Yeah, the way the Refs stepped in to take away the win from the Lions. How much more can a fix be any more obvious. They did the same in the 2019 Saints/Rams NFC Championship game with the No flag pass interference. We had 2 Lions tell the Ref that he was reporting as an eligible receiver. What the Ref said after? Oh it was the other dude, out of the two that approached me who said he was reporting as an eligible receiver. Yeah okay.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Here in Pittsburgh, it's been unusually quiet about the coming season. Not many terrible towels furling in the wind.

After last years "Kenny Pickett is the second coming'" vibes morphed into "Pack your bags and sell the house, Kenny" there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of faith in his and Mitch Trubisky's replacements.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Here in Pittsburgh, it's been unusually quiet about the coming season. Not many terrible towels furling in the wind.

After last years "Kenny Pickett is the second coming'" vibes morphed into "Pack your bags and sell the house, Kenny" there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of faith in his and Mitch Trubisky's replacements.
Maybe they should have kept Rudolph. But as a lifetime Stiller fan I'm still more optimistic about this years QB room than last year. This year's O line is a whole nother issue.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
What Tua said to Dan LeBetard today reported at PFT about his former head coach, Brian Flores, helps the Vikings big time! If he were to be considered as a head coach again in the future, this may hurt that from happening, so this defensive guru just may remain our defensive coordinator for years to come. Hopefully!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like Steeler starting center Nate Herbig could miss the season with a rotator cuff injury. That forces rookie 2nd round pick Zack Frazier into the starting lineup. The Steelers might also have to pick up a backup center from free agency.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis