Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Good write ups Richard, albeit sad for both of us !
Thanks. I was glad to get that off my chest. And I'm glad to know someone read it. Ultimately few others care about your favorite sports team's woes. It could be worse – we could be Detroit or Cleveland fans :eek:.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
ahhh Cleveland, Bflo's sister city. You know what they say about Buffalo and Cleveland ? ......

two mistakes on a Lake !

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone else think that he might end up with the Cowboys? :)
Saint's are in a bad place. I saw this coming when Lady B got ahold of the Saint's. More than likely she will sell the team and it will be moved to a bigger market. San Antonio?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Saint's are in a bad place. I saw this coming when Lady B got ahold of the Saint's. More than likely she will sell the team and it will be moved to a bigger market. San Antonio?
I hope not. The Saints belong in New Orleans. That said I lived in San Antonio for a few years, and they would welcome their own NFL franchise.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I hope not. The Saints belong in New Orleans. That said I lived in San Antonio for a few years, and they would welcome their own NFL franchise.
Yep, San Antonio has publicly made it known they would welcome the Saints there. Here's the thing, Lady B has No one to pass the team, ownership to. Lady B and Mr B had no children together. Mr. B has one child a daughter. She tried to take full control of her father's empire. Was a very seriously messy outcome. She can not even step foot in any Saint's facility or the Pelicans for that matter. Payton knows that the future of the Saints is short in New Orleans.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. We will just have to wait and see how this thing plays out. Thanks for the info.

J

jhaider

Audioholic Intern
Thanks. I was glad to get that off my chest. And I'm glad to know someone read it. Ultimately few others care about your favorite sports team's woes. It could be worse – we could be Detroit or Cleveland fans :eek:.
Or Vikings fans…saddled with that no account QB (his main skill being fleecing danny on franchise tags ) and the memory of Gary Andersen’s last kick of 2009. Damn! as Marshall from How I Met Your Mother would say.

Speaking of the other side of that kick, there’s only one team to have blown a 25 point Super Bowl lead in less than 2 quarters of play. I wouldn’t say they have “long suffering” fans though. As an almost lifelong Atlantan it’s a city of migrants where people cheer for the teams from their old home unless the home team is killing it. And when they stop being top tier people drift away. So I, a DMV native and Washington fan, grew up with Bills fans and Steelers fans and 49ers fans.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As an almost lifelong Atlantan it’s a city of migrants where people cheer for the teams from their old home unless the home team is killing it.
There's a lot of the same here. I've known plenty of Steeler, Browns, Dallas (curse them), Iggles, Giants, and other fans who long ago moved to the DMV area, but hang on to their old team loyalties – not to mention those ever present Boston Red Sox fans.

It's nice to know of a new AHer from the DMV. I'm in Gaithersburg, MD. Where are you? At present, I'm keeping a low profile as long as that damn virus is a threat. But one day, I hope soon, I'll emerge and meet people again.

J

jhaider

Audioholic Intern
There's a lot of the same here. I've known plenty of Steeler, Browns, Dallas (curse them), Iggles, Giants, and other fans who long ago moved to the DMV area,
You know, I almost respect iggles and pokes fans. But jints fans…after John Mara abused his power on the competition committee to kneecap WFT (and to a lesser extent the pokes) for spending money in an uncapped year - nope. IMO that as much as risible ownership and RG3’s disinterest in learning how to read defenses torpedoed the Shanahan Era in Washington.

It's nice to know of a new AHer from the DMV. I'm in Gaithersburg, MD. Where are you? At present, I'm keeping a low profile as long as that damn virus is a threat. But one day, I hope soon, I'll emerge and meet people again.
I hear that! I was born in Alexandria and lived in Glover Park for a while, but we moved from Atlanta to Chicago last summer. It’ll be nice to get out and meet people here. It’s been tough with Covid and an unvaccinated person (her excuse is toddlerdom, not stupidity topped with self-loathing) at home. Hopefully we’ll be here for a while.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Or Vikings fans…saddled with that no account QB (his main skill being fleecing danny on franchise tags ) and the memory of Gary Andersen’s last kick of 2009. Damn! as Marshall from How I Met Your Mother would say.

Speaking of the other side of that kick, there’s only one team to have blown a 25 point Super Bowl lead in less than 2 quarters of play. I wouldn’t say they have “long suffering” fans though. As an almost lifelong Atlantan it’s a city of migrants where people cheer for the teams from their old home unless the home team is killing it. And when they stop being top tier people drift away. So I, a DMV native and Washington fan, grew up with Bills fans and Steelers fans and 49ers fans.
Well they got rid of Zimmer and Spielman but not sure why they didn't axe Cousins?
Now they're saying he might go to Carolina. He had a two-year max extension at $66 million. I'm guessing that puts his total four years at around $115-20 million lol. I'd welcome the trade.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Dennis Allen, for Saint's HC gets my vote. And Pete Carmichael offensive coordinator which he is anyways. Sooo.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You know, I almost respect iggles and pokes fans. But jints fans…after John Mara abused his power on the competition committee to kneecap WFT (and to a lesser extent the pokes) for spending money in an uncapped year - nope. IMO that as much as risible ownership and RG3’s disinterest in learning how to read defenses torpedoed the Shanahan Era in Washington.
I agree on the John Mara comment. I had forgotten about that.

However, Shanahan's demise in Washington was cast in stone long before the arrival of RG3. Dangerous Dan Snyder has always believed he is smarter than any coach or general manager he hires. He insists on interfering with player selection and how they're handled after they arrive. RG3 was only one among a sad list of players who were shielded as Snyder Favorites. Favoring a few players over others had a bad downside in the locker room. RG3 didn't believe he had to learn how to read defenses, or had to learn Kyle Shanahan's playbook. He thought his speed and reflexes could always let him escape from any defense. That worked while he was at Baylor, but lasted about 6 games in the NFL. It was sad to watch that train wreck.

While Kirk Cousins isn't a top tier NFL QB (such as we all saw last weekend), he was a far sight better than RG3. But he was never one of Snyder's 'fantasy football squad'. He must have a good agent.

Explanations are due for football fans not familiar with certain accents in the NFL East (aka NFL Least). Philadelphians cannot pronounce the word 'eagle' without saying 'iggle'. And most New Yorkers cannot say the word 'giant' without pronouncing it as 'jint'. Just typing 'jint' looks odd. It has one syllable and rhymes with pint. 'Giant' has two syllables (gi-ant). No, we are not really mocking their accents :);):). LOL
I hear that! I was born in Alexandria and lived in Glover Park for a while, but we moved from Atlanta to Chicago last summer. It’ll be nice to get out and meet people here. It’s been tough with Covid and an unvaccinated person (her excuse is toddlerdom, not stupidity topped with self-loathing) at home. Hopefully we’ll be here for a while.
I was born in Silver Spring, just outside of the DC line in Maryland. Grew up in Bethesda. Went off to college (UNC) in 1966, spent time in the Navy, and then went to Connecticut (Hartford area). Moved back to the Maryland area in 1984, with a new job at the National Cancer Institute. Since returning after being away for 18 years, I stayed in the DMV.

Good luck in Chicago. All I know about that city is what I saw in Ferris Bueller's Day Off :cool:.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Indeed! I had noticed that all those names sounded very familiar.

For readers not familiar with Dangerous Dan Snyder, the widely despised Washington team owner, he has gone through many coaches, assistants, and quarterbacks during the ruinous years he's owned the team 1999-20. All those now elite head coaches you mentioned above, had spent some miserable years in Washington. Well-known players, including some All-Pros, quite literally asked to be traded away rather than play for Washington.

Here's a long list of 9 head coaches over 21 years of Dysfunctional Dan Snyder. It was painful to look them all up. (The assistants and QBs are too numerous to list.)
Norv Turner – 1999-2000 (fired in mid-season)​
Terry Robiskie – interim​
Marty Schottenheimer – 2001 (Dared Snyder to fire him after 1 season. He had a longer contract, so he was paid for years afterwards.)​
Steve Spurrier – 2002-03 (fired after 2 seasons)​
Joe Gibbs – 2004-07 (Gibbs quit before Snyder could fire him)​
Jim Zorn – 2008-09 (fired after 2 seasons)​
Mike Shannahan – 2010-13 (Kyle was Offensive Coordinator.)​
Jay Gruden – 2014-19 (fired mid-season)​
Ron Rivera – 2020 to present (I wish Rivera well, but he should have his head examined.)​

I know for sure that Marty Schottenheimer and Mike Shannahan have warned others not to work for that SOB. Others may have done so as well, but less publicly.

If you're a long suffering Washington fan, like I am, why not spell the name that fits the true nature of the owner – Washington Team Football – WTF?! [\RANT OVER]

Back to the 2022 play offs. It was a pleasure to watch some good football, not WTF and not any other NFL East team.
WOW!!!!!!!!!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
So, I'm pulling bigtime for Cincy and slightly for LA just because I'm glad Stafford has finally got the playoff monkey off of his back.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Big Ben retires. We knew it was coming but now it's official and the hunt for a new Steeler QB begins.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis