lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree the Buf KC game is a bit of a downgrade in pq.....but believe not all film gear setups are equal either (let alone delivery details) from something I saw a while back, altho a bit surprising to still be a difference as I think that was a coupla years ago, in some markets.....but KC could still well be there.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I agree the Buf KC game is a bit of a downgrade in pq.....but believe not all film gear setups are equal either (let alone delivery details) from something I saw a while back, altho a bit surprising to still be a difference as I think that was a coupla years ago, in some markets.....but KC could still well be there.
I have 2 different CBS affiliates on my cable. I switched to the other one and the picture is much better

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The OTA PQ for today’s games has been fantastic (have not noticed a difference). The conditions last night (atmospheric/interference) rendered the GB/SF game unwatchable, so I did something else. The pros and cons of cutting the cable…

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Well the lambs helped him out a lot. I am glad for Stafford to finally not be in Detroit with his talents, tho as a Niners fan, would rather see him elsewhere than the lambs :)
Born in MI with parents from cle, I was a niners fan randomly bc of Rice, Montana, Young and have been ever since. My buddies tell me I can't root for 2 teams, but I always have; niners and browns (unfortunately lol) but hey afc and nfc teams to root for. Being from MI I was never a lions fan but did enjoy watching sanders run. Stafford always seemed more than capable of putting up huge numbers and i would say he def deserves a ring, just hopefully not this yr as I wanna see the niners get another.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
OH MY GOSH MY CHEIFS DID IT!!!!

Now if you don't mind I'm going to the hospitals I think I had 3 heartattacks in the last 3 minutes
:D

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Won 3 of 4 this weekend, but lost the one that was truly important...sigh...likely no Rodgers next year either

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Exhausted after that KC Buffalo game. It was by far the best game of the weekend. Too bad only one of those teams could advance. It was the only game among four where the high seed won. But it took late 4th quarter and overtime fireworks to get a winner.

I saw that game on my local CBS station, over the air, no cable. There were no picture quality problems. I did have a minor audio problem, Tony Romo talked too much.

Next week, Cinncinati at KC and San Francisco at Los Angeles, better live up to this week's standards.

At the KC-Buffalo half time, Bill Cowher gave Tom Brady some very high praise, saying he's been 'the NFL's ambassador for years'. He had nothing to say about Aaron Rogers. Interesting.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Someone on YT pointed out the blocked punt TD the kicker took five steps instead of three. Not sure what the norm is.
Don't care- they practice for a reason and if he forgot how many steps to take, either he needs more practice or the coaches need to change their tactics. He should only need three because more forward speed won't help and it's not as if he's kicking from a stand- must have watched 'Happy Gilmore' before the game.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
yep and to think 'Galapagos' never played a game before in sub freezing temps, GB was home in the frz tundra, just pathetic ! Josh Allen and the Bills played last weekend in weather 10 degrees colder and put on an offensive show for the ages !
What did Garoppolo have to do with their winning? If they hadn't scored after the blocked punt, the Packers would likely have won (assuming they could have kept the defense on the field).

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
oh so goes another Bills season lost. Pretty much numb after all the years, LOL !

Kudos to Josh Allen for playing his heart out, is there a tougher QB in football right now ? Shame the Bills defense sucked yesterday, regardless you're gonna wait a long time to see a better 2 minute battle between two of the best QB's in the game !

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
oh so goes another Bills season lost. Pretty much numb after all the years, LOL !

Kudos to Josh Allen for playing his heart out, is their a tougher QB in football right now ? Shame the Bills defense sucked yesterday, regardless you're gonna wait a long time to see a better 2 minute battle between two of the best QB's in the game !
Mike, I personally do not like the overtime rules. More than likely Bills get the ball first they would've won. I say play a 10 minute 5th quarter, especially in the playoffs. Yeah Bills hit a gem with Allen.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
A side note. Saturday night, I was glad to see Trent Williams playing offensive tackle, wearing number 71, for San Francisco.

He is one of the best O-Linemen in the NFL, making seven straight Pro Bowl appearances from 2012-2018, and adding another in 2020 and 2021 as a 49er.

He is yet another player who was badly mistreated and mishandled by the Washington Team Football (WTF!?), formerly the Washington Deadskins:
"In 2019, Williams held out the entire year with the R*dsk*ns due to contractual and personal grievances he had with the R*dsk*ns regarding a cancerous growth on his head that was later determined by private doctors to be life threatening. The standoff with the team eventually led to him being traded to the 49ers in 2020."

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Mike, I personally do not like the overtime rules. More than likely Bills get the ball first they would've won. I say play a 10 minute 5th quarter, especially in the playoffs. Yeah Bills hit a gem with Allen.
never should have been an overtime !

1) Bills kickoff with 13 seconds left should never have gone in the end zone, should have been to the one yard line(or thereabouts)which in turn would have been handled and the clock started.

2) Leslie Frazier's defensive calls with 13 seconds left just plain sucked

3) Overall the Bills defense sucked, garbage tackling and poor coverage

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
never should have been an overtime !

1) Bills kickoff with 13 seconds left should never have gone in the end zone, should have been to the one yard line(or thereabouts)which in turn would have been handled and the clock started.

2) Leslie Frazier's defensive calls with 13 seconds left just plain sucked

3) Overall the Bills defense sucked, garbage tackling and poor coverage
In hindsight yeah they could've squib kicked it. But 13 seconds and no timeouts? I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Also both defenses I think just ran out of gas trying to slow down those offenses. That's why we had over 25 points in like the final 2 minutes of the game. No shame to either defense

I mean the second to last final Bill drive we had them in 4th and 11 and 4rth and 13. On the first 4rth we almost sacked him and Allen someone how escaped an scrambled for a 1rst down

Both QBs willed there teams to win.

A game for the legends one of the greatest games I ever watched

Much respect to the Bills they will be back if theyd have won I was going to be pulling for them the rest of the way

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Those defenses were so gassed it's likely they'd have just traded touchdowns lol all 10min of that 5th and whoever touched the ball first still wins it

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
With NFL overtime rules, teams hope to win the coin toss, score, and win the game at their first possession. This does not allow the other team to possess the ball.

With NCAA rules, the teams that win the coin toss usually decide to go on defense first because they'll know if the other team scored a touchdown, a field goal, or failed to score. Based on that, the team that goes second can choose to be more or less aggressive when they get on offense.

The NCAA rules allow equal chances for each team to score. The NFL rules do not. Does that create an advantage for the team that wins the coin toss?

CNN says that since the 2011 post-season, the NFL OT rule has been used a little over 160 times. And in the NCAA, since 2013, the OT rule has been used nearly 300 times in Division I games.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/sport/nfl-overtime-rules-chiefs-bills-spt-intl/index.html

Coin toss win results in OT win:
52% (NFL) – 49.7% (NCAA)​
Coin toss loss result in OT win:
42% (NFL) – 50.3% (NCAA)​
Tie games after OT:
6% (NFL) – no info available for NCAA ties after OT.​

Those numbers make the NFL rules look unfair. Why not just declare the winner right after the OT coin toss?

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
With NFL overtime rules, teams hope to win the coin toss, score, and win the game at their first possession. This does not allow the other team to possess the ball.

With NCAA rules, the teams that win the coin toss usually decide to go on defense first because they'll know if the other team scored a touchdown, a field goal, or failed to score. Based on that, the team that goes second can choose to be more or less aggressive when they get on offense.

The NCAA rules allow equal chances for each team to score. The NFL rules do not. Does that create an advantage for the team that wins the coin toss?

CNN says that since the 2011 post-season, the NFL OT rule has been used a little over 160 times. And in the NCAA, since 2013, the OT rule has been used nearly 300 times in Division I games.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/sport/nfl-overtime-rules-chiefs-bills-spt-intl/index.html

Coin toss win results in OT win:
52% (NFL) vs. 49.7% (NCAA)​
Coin toss loss result in OT win:
42% (NFL) vs. 50.3% (NCAA)​

Those numbers make the NFL rules look unfair. Why not just declare the winner right after the OT coin toss?
I'm sure one of these days they will review it and make some changes. A lot of people wanted them to keep playing it out that's for sure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis