Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Saints are officially the 'Aints'. As for the NFC, so-so, real strength across the board right now is the AFC but with the wacky world of COVID that all could change tomorrow !

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Saints are officially the 'Aints'. As for the NFC, so-so, real strength across the board right now is the AFC but with the wacky world of COVID that all could change tomorrow !
Saint's where down 20 plus 4 coaches. All backups on Online. Officially the ants no not yet. Patriots finished 7-9 last year without ole TB. That was as bad as I've seen their offense play. I checked, the only Notre Dame quarterback to succeed in the NFL, was Joe Montana. The rest not good at all. But Book had two day's to prepare for that game last night. Didn't even work out with the Online starter's.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Saints would be best served by losing out and hoping to land a 'real' QB in the draft, is there one ?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Na you need to be about 4-12 or worse to hold that title.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Saints would be best served by losing out and hoping to land a 'real' QB in the draft, is there one ?
By time Drew had a good defense he was pretty much on a decline. Sean Payton wasted a lot of year's in Drew's prime with historically bad defenses. Payton ought to be ashamed of himself for that. Now? His team even though has been hit with as many injuries as he's had to deal with on his team serves him right for what he has now a very bad offensive team.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Kind of like my Steelers? Both teams on the playoff outside looking in and in desperate need of a QB. Too bad they will both be picking in the middle of the draft. :(

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Love when the invention of pen markers was used on screen. He was like a kid with crayolas. :cool:
Watched him win his SB. Tells how old I am. Yep Saints where definitely the Ain't back then. Poor Archie Manning running for his life every game. Back than there where no rules to protect the quarterback, took their lick like everybody else.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I used to love watching his Raiders teams in the 70s. One of the few teams that liked to throw the ball, especially deep, it was a change from the conservative offenses that dominated then. Their decent defense was never as good as the Steeler's roided up team so they played extra dirty which was frustrating and entertaining all at once. The pass happy offense excelled at the two minute drill. See for example the "Sea of Hands" game in the playoffs vs. the Dolphins. One of the best games ever played.

He retired young and became the announcer those old enough remember well. He loved Washington's old Hogs offensive line in the 80s and explained line play better than anyone ever.

If you are looking for a treat there was a show called "The AFL in color" on Showtime back in 2009. I think you can Youtube it now. It was all about the AFL from 1960 until the merger. Great great interviews with Madden (especially talking about the rats in the visitors' locker room at the Oakland Coliseum) and the weekend class he took taught by Lombardi. I highly recommend.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Watched him win his SB. Tells how old I am.
Well I was a young lad in high school when he took over the reins of the Raiders back in '69. He hadn't reached his 33 birthday yet.

RIP John Madden, you were special.......

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I used to love watching his Raiders teams in the 70s. One of the few teams that liked to throw the ball, especially deep, it was a change from the conservative offenses that dominated then. Their decent defense was never as good as the Steeler's roided up team so they played extra dirty which was frustrating and entertaining all at once. The pass happy offense excelled at the two minute drill. See for example the "Sea of Hands" game in the playoffs vs. the Dolphins. One of the best games ever played.

He retired young and became the announcer those old enough remember well. He loved Washington's old Hogs offensive line in the 80s and explained line play better than anyone ever.

If you are looking for a treat there was a show called "The AFL in color" on Showtime back in 2009. I think you can Youtube it now. It was all about the AFL from 1960 until the merger. Great great interviews with Madden (especially talking about the rats in the visitors' locker room at the Oakland Coliseum) and the weekend class he took taught by Lombardi. I highly recommend.
Deep to Cliff Branch. Or as an old friend once said, 3rd &1, go deep! hahaha:cool:
John Riggins was a load to bring down.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I used to love watching his Raiders teams in the 70s. One of the few teams that liked to throw the ball, especially deep, it was a change from the conservative offenses that dominated then.
That was the AFL's mantra back from the beginning. Hadl/Alworth, Kemp/Dubenion and when Lamonica(the mad bomber) got traded from Bflo to Oak in the mid-sixties so their passing barrage began.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Agreed, John Madden was a great coach, but one of the all-time best as a TV football commentator. His explanations – with onscreen illustrations – of how an offensive line could make or break a play were unequaled. He made it easy for interested fans, who never played organized football, to understand what really was going on. Other TV announcers may have understood the game, but they never could explain the game like Madden. They usually resorted to jargon that meant little to the average viewer.

Whenever John Madden & Pat Sumerall (later Al Michaels) announced a televised game, it meant that game, and those two teams, were the best. Fans of any team were always glad when Madden covered their favorite team. Even seasoned NFL players counted the games they played in when Madden did the telecast. That was the best compliment to him. RIP

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That was the AFL's mantra back from the beginning. Hadl/Alworth, Kemp/Dubenion and when Lamonica(the mad bomber) got traded from Bflo to Oak in the mid-sixties so their passing barrage began.
Raiders had a couple called The Assassin and The Violator LOL. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis