D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You are not overexxagerating at all the Cheifs defense is horrible
I'm assuming the Chiefs have the most yardage after catch. Mahomes didn't look like he had to throw much downfield. Pass it to Kelce or the speedsters ala Tyreek or Hardman and it's a challenge covering them. I'm not saying Mahomes isn't great. He is, but with that speed and talent in receivers it's much simpler.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm assuming the Chiefs have the most yardage after catch. Mahomes didn't look like he had to throw much downfield. Pass it to Kelce or the speedsters ala Tyreek or Hardman and it's a challenge covering them. I'm not saying Mahomes isn't great. He is, but with that speed and talent in receivers it's much simpler.
Yeah but the problem is they rely on it too much. When your always playing from behind and close sooner or later the dice is going to roll against you. Just like it did on this last game.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah but the problem is they rely on it too much. When your always playing from behind and close sooner or later the dice is going to roll against you. Just like it did on this last game.
Fyi Football Outsiders has their DVOA defense at 31st LOL. Offense 2nd.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Fyi Football Outsiders has their DVOA defense at 31st LOL. Offense 2nd.
Reminds me of the Saint's, during the seasons when they went 3 year's in a row of 7-9. Offense was always a top 3 Drew put up 5k plus yards but defense was ranked dead last. Than the last 3 year's when Saints finally put together top five defense 3 years in a row Drew Brees couldn't get the ball downfield past 50 yards. Thing about that, Payton lied about Drew's health. He played with a rotary cuff injury to his throwing shoulder. That happened in the 2018 divisional lost to the Rams. Yeah no way Drew should've started in that divisional game against the Bucs last year. KC has an outstanding Young quarterback. KC is my favorite AFC team.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Reminds me of the Saint's, during the seasons when they went 3 year's in a row of 7-9. Offense was always a top 3 Drew put up 5k plus yards but defense was ranked dead last. Than the last 3 year's when Saints finally put together top five defense 3 years in a row Drew Brees couldn't get the ball downfield past 50 yards. Thing about that, Payton lied about Drew's health. He played with a rotary cuff injury to his throwing shoulder. That happened in the 2018 divisional lost to the Rams. Yeah no way Drew should've started in that divisional game against the Bucs last year. KC has an outstanding Young quarterback. KC is my favorite AFC team.
That's what I'm worried is going to happen to Mahomes. Too many seasons close but not quit due to lack of defense and then when he finally gets that defense? His best years will be behind him

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yep and 35 years ago Dan Marino had that kind of talent as well, how many Super Bowls did he go to(as a player) ?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yep and 35 years ago Dan Marino had that kind of talent as well, how many Super Bowls did he go to(as a player) ?
Dam I'm old! I loved watching Dan Marino play, wasn't like it is today. They had a different kind of headhunters back then, QB's took their licks like everyone else

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Dam I'm old! I loved watching Dan Marino play, wasn't like it is today. They had a different kind of headhunters back then, QB's took their licks like everyone else
Some QBs are more protected than others by the officials.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1. Lost to SF.

However, I do think his induction was justified. His statistics for his era were through the roof. If I'm correct some held up till Manning came around. Now I assume records are being broken consistently given its probably the greatest passing era ever.

Namath did something similar for a season in the 60s. Threw for 4000 yds.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
As a rookie, Marino never made it back to the big dance.
Exactly my point, while he was perhaps the most prolific passer of his generation he was no where near the 'Field General' that Jim Kelly was, nor was he remotely as tough.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Exactly my point, while he was perhaps the most prolific passer of his generation he was no where near the 'Field General' that Jim Kelly was, nor was he remotely as tough.
Being a lifelong Bills fan I totally agree. Kelly was a QB with a linebacker mentality.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Being a lifelong Bills fan I totally agree. Kelly was a QB with a linebacker mentality.
Born and raised in Bflo myself, I go back to day 1 (1960). Went to my first game at the old 'Rock Pile' in '61

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Born and raised in Bflo myself, I go back to day 1 (1960). Went to my first game at the old 'Rock Pile' in '61
You're likely about 10 or so years older than me, went to my first Bills game in 67 against the Jets. They beat the Jets and Namath 20-17. Although I have spent the summer up here, I left for Florida after I got out of the Air Force in 85 and have been there ever since. I'm now waiting for a new home to be completed so I can move in and get all the new gear I've bought this summer installed and cranked up.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Dan Marino was a generational talent at the time. He broke all of the existing TD and yardage records but went to one Super Bowl and never returned. I imagine he would have won multiple championships on a better team. And he was a Pitt guy. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis