CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
20200625_104350.jpg

Current setup- Denon avr-s720w, LG 4k player and a roku ultra 4k, want the nvidia shield. LG 75" 4k led tv. Ac infinity on the Denon. Google assistant. R+L are the polk audio monitor 70, center is a polk monitor 60ii, dual polk audio psw505s, side surrounds polk monitor 40ii and atmos speakers are the polk omen3 satellite speakers. Reference set at 75 db. Subs bumped up about 3 db. I'm just not happy with it. Think I need better subs first. Any ideas or suggestions?

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
5.2.2 setup no amps. Just what the avr has to offer

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Placement?
Spread it out so you get an actual wide front stage and maybe move subs to more optimal spots. Its very very bunched together now so everything probably sound like its coming from the same fairly tight space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
5.2.2 setup no amps. Just what the avr has to offer

Better subs would be a good first purchase. Just from that picture it doesn't look like you have a lot of room to spread things out. Do you mainly watch TV/movies? Your speakers seem fine. I suppose if you wanted to upgrade the AVR with a new TV that each have HDMI 2.1/eARC that would be a good option.

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
Yes unfortunately for this little house I'm renting right now that's all the room I have. But I do see how that will help later on. What do yall think about my decision with center speaker vs. A traditional center

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
So far I'm leaning towards the dual svs pb2000 pro for like $1,700.00 but need to make sure thats the way I want or is best. Not going to keep it that bunched up once I move to the next house

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes unfortunately for this little house I'm renting right now that's all the room I have. But I do see how that will help later on. What do yall think about my decision with center speaker vs. A traditional center

I think you need to do something about your sub situation. Also, all those speakers packed together like that have to be causing some issues. I don't think a traditional center is going to do much outside of aesthetics for you right now. You really need to figure out a way to position your speakers and subs more optimally. That's going to help more than any upgrade. That said, the glaring weak link in your chain are those subs.

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
Thank you. I'll try to see what I can make happen

CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
So dual subs. What should I look for. I love being able to match brands and looking down the road svs seams like a good way. What do yall think

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So dual subs. What should I look for. I love being able to match brands and looking down the road svs seams like a good way. What do yall think

SVS is awesome. They make great speakers too. I'm with you on wanting matching speakers but a good sub is a good sub. I think you get some more bang for your buck with HSU. Right now tho, SVS is replacing their PB/PC2000 series with the Pro series and have dropped the price. I think a pair of those would be plenty for a small to medium, or even getting into larger rooms.

Holy crap. I just now saw SVS is upping their customer service game with a 60 day trial period and automatic refunds!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
SVS would be an excellent option. I have a 505 somewhere in my house. It’s just not good... but for the money....
Anyway, yeah the single best thing you can do that’s free is move those speakers out. Subs too. Can you share a wider shot of the whole room? Iirc you have your .2 speakers too low as well. My memory ain’t what it used to be though...
One thing going for you for sure is three towers in front!!!

Last edited:
CWM

CWM

Junior Audioholic
Left to right is 5'6"
From to center is 7'
Room is a 12x12x8
Opens into two other rooms with on normal door and a 4' opening
Back of room has heavy curtains covering the windows and some foam squares, nothing fancy. Ran audyssey eq and done some final adjustments like bumbing the subs up 3 db
All set small @ 80Hz atmos speakers 120Hz

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just to give you some very cost effective and still aesthetically pleasing ideas for organizing your stuff. I wouldn't mind having any one of these in my setup.

cinder-block-tv-stand-with-shelves-and-exposed-brick-wall-home_copy_600x600.jpg
AD-Cinder-Block-Projects-13.jpg
4f76d31a4593777abec1bf21bb011aed--cinder-block-entertainment-center-entertainment-centers.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis