newbie's dilemma: high end hi-fi setup for low $$$

Matt34

Matt34

Sorry that I'm beating this topic; I just think that aesthetically speaking, a single sub could be nice, as well as with reduced costs with some luck. I understand that your recommendation is based on performance for the dollar, and not prettiness. With that in mind, any suggestions to make the dual bookshelves + dual subs look a bit more welcome in a living room? A hefty short bookshelf stand with rubber feet on top of the sub would be fine?

What, you mean my two monster subs in the living room don't have much WAF!!??:p

K

kedzior

Audiophyte
i just wonder if local a/v dealers, which i'm planing to visit this coming week, will be kind enough to setup a for me a system with 2 shelf speakers & 2 subs. I doubt it.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
i just wonder if local a/v dealers, which i'm planing to visit this coming week, will be kind enough to setup a for me a system with 2 shelf speakers & 2 subs. I doubt it.
Even if he did... without the proper active crossover system... the subs and mains would not likely be able to integrate as a seamless unit nor demonstrate the dynamic range enhancement and reduced distortion that would occur with the proper active crossover system in place. In addition, a powerful DSP xover like the DCX2496 allows for critical adjustment of things like baffle step and treble compensation on the speakers that will usually always result in far more realistic sound.

-Chris

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
What, you mean my two monster subs in the living room don't have much WAF!!??:p
You know, I don't even know what they look like... or don't remember anyways. I though you had a dedicated HT with PJ, right? :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis