New Year's Give Away from Affordhifi.com - Pair of Solder Free RCAs

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Hey Everyone!

After getting some feedback I have decided to post a give away here on Audioholics. I have had a lot of positive feedback and fun doing give aways over on the Emotiva forum and think it would be good to do here as well.

To have your name entered into the drawing all you need to do is reply to this posting. If you would like to reply with any cables you would like to see me offer in the future or if you have any thoughts positive or negative on my site (affordhifi.com) that would be appreciated as well.

Because I understand everyone's system is different, I am offering the winner the opportunity to choose between 1 foot length and 8 foot length. All I ask in return is that you provide your thoughts on the cable I ship you and that you allow me to use your "testimonial" as feedback on my site.

The contest will end when the ball drops on the new year and my Daughter will pull the winning name from a hat on the evening of the 1st (Happy New Year).

Thank you,

James
affordhifi.com

Attachments

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Everyone!

After getting some feedback I have decided to post a give away here on Audioholics. I have had a lot of positive feedback and fun doing give aways over on the Emotiva forum and think it would be good to do here as well.

To have your name entered into the drawing all you need to do is reply to this posting. If you would like to reply with any cables you would like to see me offer in the future or if you have any thoughts positive or negative on my site (affordhifi.com) that would be appreciated as well.

Because I understand everyone's system is different, I am offering the winner the opportunity to choose between 1 foot length and 8 foot length. All I ask in return is that you provide your thoughts on the cable I ship you and that you allow me to use your "testimonial" as feedback on my site.

The contest will end when the ball drops on the new year and my Daughter will pull the winning name from a hat on the evening of the 1st (Happy New Year).

Thank you,

James
affordhifi.com
It would be good to have details on the this RCA cable, such as the type of wire and gauge. Is it a standard stranded copper wire or a RG6 coaxial cable?

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
It would be good to have details on the this RCA cable, such as the type of wire and gauge. Is it a standard stranded copper wire or a RG6 coaxial cable?
Hey Verdinut,

Good call!

These RCAs are made using Belden 1505F cable. The Belden 1505F cable is an RG59 double shielded cable with a 22 AWG stranded copper conductor. This cable is very flexible compared to many digital coax cables making it easy to route through nearly all rack systems or stands.

To terminate these cables I use Belden Snap N Seal compression RCA plugs. I am a big fan of eliminating the use of solder if and when possible and these connectors do exactly that!

I am personally using these cables in my stem consisting of an Onkyo receiver, XPA-3, A-100 and my ML Motion speakers.

Thank you,

James

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'd be willing to check them out, so count me in for a giveaway!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
We're neighbors! RI in the house! I found the map on the bottom of your home page.

A stranded RG-59 is an elegant analog audio cable if there ever was one. I have a pair like that from Monster and love them for their flexibility if not for the company making them. Belden being Made in America scores points too, even with the Canadians. BTW, please include them in the drawing as they are not going to be able to leave their homes until it warms up in August.

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the responses! You are all in the drawing!

James
affordhifi.com

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
We're neighbors! RI in the house! I found the map on the bottom of your home page.

A stranded RG-59 is an elegant analog audio cable if there ever was one. I have a pair like that from Monster and love them for their flexibility if not for the company making them. Belden being Made in America scores points too, even with the Canadians. BTW, please include them in the drawing as they are not going to be able to leave their homes until it warms up in August.
Yeah, you are close for sure! You haven’t heard of the Connecticut Audio Society have you? I am pretty sure we have a few RI members.

Agreed, I love the Belden 1505F cable. It’s phenomenal for RCAs and great for subwoofer use as well. Made in America is a major Belden bonus but I do also love my Canare cables!

James

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You haven’t heard of the Connecticut Audio Society have you?
Sure have. One of you guys came to a PETT DIY GTG a couple three years ago. I believe he wore a tie and was better behaved than the riff raff in attendance. :)

I brought Dennis Murphy's MB27 bookshelves and he actually took notes!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The filing cabinet can always use a few spare cables I suppose....

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Sure have. One of you guys came to a PETT DIY GTG a couple three years ago. I believe he wore a tie and was better behaved than the riff raff in attendance. :)

I brought Dennis Murphy's MB27 bookshelves and he actually took notes!
Hey Alex2507,

Do you happen to remember, was he an extremely tall gentleman? If so, I know exactly who he is... He would be our CAS President.

James
affordhifi.com

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Alex2507,

Do you happen to remember, was he an extremely tall gentleman? If so, I know exactly who he is... He would be our CAS President.

James
affordhifi.com
Can't recall the name. Probably 5'9" and about 200 lbs. Mid fifties. Not too much hair but dark, not grey.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't recall the name. Probably 5'9" and about 200 lbs. Mid fifties. Not too much hair but dark, not grey.
Just sounds like your regular old serial audiophile.

ps like the assumption about being caucasian

C

captmobley

Audiophyte
Hey Everyone!

Thank you,

James
affordhifi.com
James,
I am always looking for high quality interconnects and speaker cables. Sign me up!
Thanx,
captmobley@tampabay.rr.com

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Hey Captmobley,

You are in on the drawing.

James
affordhifi.com

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com