New X Man Dark Phoenix

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I saw this yesterday in a Dolby format. Not my Genre, but I enjoyed the movie.
Heavy handed in the “women rule the world” messaging.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The Dark Phoenix was one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Comics universe. Much more powerful than the X-Men but not on the Thanos Infinity gauntlet level. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
2nd Worst X-men movie IMO, Last Stand takes (worst). Sophie Turner can't act, at least in this movie.

I thought the sound mix in Atmos was decent, as was the final fight scene. If they continue to do X-Men (Disney) please cast someone who is not a midget as Cyclops.

I will say at least Cyclops was not the winey crybaby little girl of the rest of the X-Men movies, he actually did some cool stuff in this one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My understanding was this was the last one for this run of X-Men. They intend to eventually reboot it again now that Disney owns it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
2nd Worst X-men movie IMO, Last Stand takes (worst). Sophie Turner can't act, at least in this movie.

I thought the sound mix in Atmos was decent, as was the final fight scene. If they continue to do X-Men (Disney) please cast someone who is not a midget as Cyclops.

I will say at least Cyclops was not the winey crybaby little girl of the rest of the X-Men movies, he actually did some cool stuff in this one.
I've read that as well. I'm not sure why they can't seem to get the Phoenix movies right. Last stand would have probably been awesome if Singer hadn't decided to do Superman Returns instead. At least that's what the internet thinks. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

So Captain Marvel (which I like a lot) is 100% better than Dark Phoenix? :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Somehow, I think this might be the last gasp for the X-Men franchise.

Oh, spoiler alert: There's no end credit teaser,

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I will say its much, much better than Men in Black International, epic fail of a movie

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Somehow, I think this might be the last gasp for the X-Men franchise.

Oh, spoiler alert: There's no end credit teaser,
Did X-men ever have a teaser?
Good thing we didn't wait for one.
Movie was good.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I actually liked this one more than I thought. They did some things right, though they did some wrong too. Overall, wasn't as bad as X3.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't watched it yet. There are so many stories about trouble with reshoots, drastic story changes and Jennifer Lawrence hating her job. I guess the original ending was very close to Captain Marvel's ending and they rewrote the whole thing and reshot all of it last minute. Fox's X Men have been hit and miss from the get go, but they did get some things really right. I thought Days of Future Past was a great movie. Logan too, but that's more of a one off.

This is a big one for me. I've never been a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence in anything and I especially never liked her portrayal of Mystique. You can tell she hates the role. Fox made some pretty dumb changes just to make her the center of the show due to her status as an actor. Mystique never held a leadership role in the X Men that I can remember reading. Just one of those dumb things studios do to beloved properties because they think they know better. She's an interesting character for sure tho and I think Rebecca Romijn owned it. Now SHE was a good Mystique.

Reading the replies here it looks like maybe it's not as bad as I thought and worth checking out. If I go in with pretty low expectations I might even enjoy it. At least I'd get to see what's her face get offed...

Marvel is planning a reboot, but wouldn't look for a new Wolverine or Professor X for quite a while. They want some space between what Fox did and what they have planned.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I thought Days of Future Past was a great movie. Logan too, but that's more of a one off.
That pretty much sums it up for me as well. First Class was a solid B, DoFP and Logan both A+. Got my hopes up, but Apocalypse was so bad that I gave up on the franchise completely.

One of the first things I want to do when we get moved is rewatch Logan in black and white. My bluray came with a B&W disc. It'll feel like a Clint Eastwood Western (with mutants and what not, but yeah).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't watched it yet. There are so many stories about trouble with reshoots, drastic story changes and Jennifer Lawrence hating her job. I guess the original ending was very close to Captain Marvel's ending and they rewrote the whole thing and reshot all of it last minute. Fox's X Men have been hit and miss from the get go, but they did get some things really right. I thought Days of Future Past was a great movie. Logan too, but that's more of a one off.

This is a big one for me. I've never been a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence in anything and I especially never liked her portrayal of Mystique. You can tell she hates the role. Fox made some pretty dumb changes just to make her the center of the show due to her status as an actor. Mystique never held a leadership role in the X Men that I can remember reading. Just one of those dumb things studios do to beloved properties because they think they know better. She's an interesting character for sure tho and I think Rebecca Romijn owned it. Now SHE was a good Mystique.

Reading the replies here it looks like maybe it's not as bad as I thought and worth checking out. If I go in with pretty low expectations I might even enjoy it. At least I'd get to see what's her face get offed...

Marvel is planning a reboot, but wouldn't look for a new Wolverine or Professor X for quite a while. They want some space between what Fox did and what they have planned.
I think I know what happened. This one seemed to want to do things a bit more like the comics and the general audience, not comic fans, didn't quite get it. It was also a bit darker and as with the reviews, doesn't really have enough time to fully tell the story. It is kind of like cliff notes, so it isn't fully developed, and then the ending could leave a bad taste in people who didn't already know the fate of Jean, not to mention the total lack of Wolverine, uh hello. There's another element in there which probably audiences didn't like as well, I'll let you watch and see.

Marvel is NOT planning a reboot since it was a Fox property and based on how this one did, the reboot will be a while I think. What I heard is they will pursue The New Mutants instead.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis