New X Man Dark Phoenix

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Spartan
Ratings
3,031 11 17
I think I know what happened. This one seemed to want to do things a bit more like the comics and the general audience, not comic fans, didn't quite get it. It was also a bit darker and as with the reviews, doesn't really have enough time to fully tell the story. It is kind of like cliff notes, so it isn't fully developed, and then the ending could leave a bad taste in people who didn't already know the fate of Jean, not to mention the total lack of Wolverine, uh hello. There's another element in there which probably audiences didn't like as well, I'll let you watch and see.

Marvel is NOT planning a reboot since it was a Fox property and based on how this one did, the reboot will be a while I think. What I heard is they will pursue The New Mutants instead.
They're definitely planning a reboot, but talking 5, maybe even 10 years down the road, tho there are rumors floating around about a Wolverine vs Hulk effort. That may very well be one of the "What If" episodes they have planned for the streaming channel since the movie rights for a Hulk movie are pretty complicated. There's no way they'd abandon the X-Men ip altogether tho.

The original ending was closer to the comics, but was also a lot like Captain Marvel's ending- big space battle with shape shifting aliens and a heroine who goes full Super Sayan on them. The whole train sequence at the end are all reshoots. I read somewhere that the reason it was on a train was so they could keep costs down by having all of the scenes more or less in one room. I followed this pretty closely leading up to the (delayed several times) launch and the whole production was fraught with problems.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ratings
7,472 9 26
They're not abandoning it, just not sure what to do with it, just like everyone before them. NEWS FLASH to the studios, use the comic stories, that's why people like them lol.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis