Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Got a new Samsung Neo QN 65 QN A tv Monday delivered from Crutchfield was an easy process to deal with them would recommend if you can’t find what you want stocked in your local store and free two day shipping .
Not really a review but out of the box this is a really good display . Does and incredible job of up scaling all content I’ve feed it . Tons of features, apps lots of viewing modes etc . Don’t have a 4K player yet but Iam a looking seen to be having a handshake issue with my ruko keeps telling me my hdmi port doesn’t support hdcp 2.2 these are new 2.1 cables but I think I’ve narrowed it down to the 4K pass threw on my Yamaha receiver it’s an older model that is supposed to pass a 4K signal but it’s being stubborn about it anyone have this issue before and a remedy?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
This is the new Mini-Led line right? I have a TCL Mini-Led and man is fantastic so I'd imagine this even better because of the processing alone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
This is the new Mini-Led line right? I have a TCL Mini-Led and man is fantastic so I'd imagine this even better because of the processing alone.

Yes it’s the new one very powerful processor. Iam running it on movie mode it upscales 1080p to dam near 4K quality and hard for me to believe it even makes our Exfinity Cable HD box look good . Although we watched it for 4 days with the protective film still on the screen lol better attention to instructions may be required from myself for this to be setup properly. But out of the box it’s amazing.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yes it’s the new one very powerful processor. Iam running it on movie mode it upscales 1080p to dam near 4K quality and hard for me to believe it even makes our Exfinity Cable HD box look good . Although we watched it for 4 days with the protective film still on the screen lol better attention to instructions may be required from myself for this to be setup properly. But out of the box it’s amazing.
That's awesome, enjoy. We were moving to a new house and had a lot of money wrapped up in things and I needed a bigger TV fast and the TCL 75R635 fit the bill. I'm extremely, extremely happy with it but I can only imagine with better processing how much it could be. The Sony equivalent 75 inch was double the cost.
Anyway, you enjoy that beauty of a TV. I just wish Samsung would get in board with Dolby Vision.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That's awesome, enjoy. We were moving to a new house and had a lot of money wrapped up in things and I needed a bigger TV fast and the TCL 75R635 fit the bill. I'm extremely, extremely happy with it but I can only imagine with better processing how much it could be. The Sony equivalent 75 inch was double the cost.
Anyway, you enjoy that beauty of a TV. I just wish Samsung would get in board with Dolby Vision.

Thank you the only downside for me is the manual is quite vague on what some settings do it seems the same folks that write Yamaha’s manuals do these too lol ! But we’ll figure it out lots to play with on this !

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you the only downside for me is the manual is quite vague on what some settings do it seems the same folks that write Yamaha’s manuals do these too lol ! But we’ll figure it out lots to play with on this !
Manuals in general are down to just about nothing. Saves them money and they realy on people using the internet and forums like this to figure things out. The TCL book I didn't even look at. My Denon minimal too but I have a buddy with the same receiver. I had never had a receiver with Audyssey so he gave me all the info I needed. First bit of advice with Audyssey is get a real tripod or mic stand. That cardboard thing stinks.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Manuals in general are down to just about nothing. Saves them money and they realy on people using the internet and forums like this to figure things out. The TCL book I didn't even look at. My Denon minimal too but I have a buddy with the same receiver. I had never had a receiver with Audyssey so he gave me all the info I needed. First bit of advice with Audyssey is get a real tripod or mic stand. That cardboard thing stinks.

Agreed with finding info on these forms I went threw the box for this for an hour only to find out it was preloaded on the tv in the menu lol . Definitely agree on a tri-pod for any calibration too . I recently got a boom stand to try telescoping kind that I can just move the arm to each position and leave the tripod sit in one place behind the seating we’ll see how it works out .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed with finding info on these forms I went threw the box for this for an hour only to find out it was preloaded on the tv in the menu lol . Definitely agree on a tri-pod for any calibration too . I recently got a boom stand to try telescoping kind that I can just move the arm to each position and leave the tripod sit in one place behind the seating we’ll see how it works out .
Ooh great idea. I've been thinking about getting something like that. I hate messing around with the tripod.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Ooh great idea. I've been thinking about getting something like that. I hate messing around with the tripod.

I’ll let ya know how it works out it has to be better than moving it around every position .

H

head_unit

Audioholic Intern
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
What cables exactly? For HDMI I only believe https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm In other words your 2.1 cables should pass 2.2 (did I read that right?) but do they really? Or maybe your Yamaha needs a software update?
P.S. Got an LG OLED from Crutchfield, came damaged, they sorted it out very well. Love those folks, dealt with them on a business level and they were just pretty straight.
Sorry to hear of the damage to you tv I guess it can happen as was my fear aswell . But all good so far . Hdmi cables all mine are monoprice ultra select certified or what ever I’ve narrowed it down to the 4K pass through on my Yamaha rx-a 3020 it’s an older unit and doesn’t have support for 4K but does allow for it to pass through. Hopeing to use that when I upgrade to a 4K blu-Ray player . I think it’s a handshake issue I just need to pull the system out so I can get to the wires mabey today .

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately, the 3020 does not support 4K @60hz or HDR. No Dolby atmos or DTS:X on the audio side. If you are keeping it and wanting a 4K blu-ray player, you will want a player with two HDMI outputs to send video to the TV and audio to the Yamaha. You will want the Roku connected directly to the TV as well and use an optical cable for DD 5.1 or ARC for DD+. If you are thinking of an upgrade, Crazy Acu might have a 3080 in a steamer trunk. His prices are iiinnssaannee!!!:D

93802A42-2EBF-48F2-B645-CC137A5D0CB8.jpeg

B2BB6981-EF81-420F-B3EA-98CE137FBD80.jpeg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Unfortunately, the 3020 does not support 4K @60hz or HDR. No Dolby atmos or DTS:X on the audio side. If you are keeping it and wanting a 4K blu-ray player, you will want a player with two HDMI outputs to send video to the TV and audio to the Yamaha. You will want the Roku connected directly to the TV as well and use an optical cable for DD 5.1 or ARC for DD+. If you are thinking of an upgrade, Crazy Acu might have a 3080 in a steamer trunk. His prices are iiinnssaannee!!!:D

View attachment 46345
View attachment 46346
Iam thinking of a 3080 as an upgrade for sure as I want everything going through the AVR and yep this older unit doesn’t do well with a pass through of a 4K signal of any kind . It supposedly will by the manual but I’ve got no joy so far . It’s time to upgrade anyhow this has been a decent unit although it was repaired once but I’ve had no problems since . To get the most out of the new display from picture and the audio side it will need to be replaced I’ve herd good things about the new audio side of things I want to try anyhow .

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The Roku may be sending a 4K/60hz signal by default. See if you can change it to 4K/30hz. If it offers it, see if it can match frame rate so movies play back at 4K/24hz. Make sure HDR is off. This should allow it to work through the Yamaha but will not get you the picture quality that a direct connection to the TV will get you as the Roku and TV support 4K/60hz and HDR.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The Roku may be sending a 4K/60hz signal by default. See if you can change it to 4K/30hz. If it offers it, see if it can match frame rate so movies play back at 4K/24hz. Make sure HDR is off. This should allow it to work through the Yamaha but will not get you the picture quality that a direct connection to the TV will get you as the Roku and TV support 4K/60hz and HDR.
I will try that for sure I’ve got the processor in the Yamaha set to direct no processing when I let the ruko check the connection it goes to 4K 30hz and tells me the hdmi port does not support hdcp2.2 now I don’t have a clue what that means and it resets itself to 1080p which to be honest the new tv upscales to 4K something which is fantastic looking to me lol . I don’t have any idea what that’s telling me when it resets itself. I just want to get the most out of what I have this older Yamaha does a really good job on DD+ from the ruko and the Xfinity HD box too . I will give these sujestions a try and reboot the system and see what goes Thanks for the help !!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You may be stuck and need a direct connection to the TV. That behavior is not uncommon when trying to go through an older unit that does not support HDCP 2.2 but supports HDCP 1.4. You will get much better video from the direct connection and lose nothing from DD+ streams if you use the ARC connection. Here is a bit of info on HDCP.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
You may be stuck and need a direct connection to the TV. That behavior is not uncommon when trying to go through an older unit that does not support HDCP 2.2 but supports HDCP 1.4. You will get much better video from the direct connection and lose nothing from DD+ streams if you use the ARC connection. Here is a bit of info on HDCP.
Thanks that’s a good read . So I need to plug the ruko into one of the ports in the tv and then plug the hdmi into the arc labeled port on the tv and the other end into the arc hdmi on the AVR I think the old Yamaha only has one ARC hdmi input I’ll have to bring up the manual to see for sure on that . Now this new tv has one labeled EARC port too probably another can of worms I’d guess .

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, receivers will have just the one HDMI OUT port labeled ARC or eARC and TVs will have just the one HDMI input labeled ARC or eARC. While eARC devices do not require HDMI Control to be enabled to work, you will need to turn it on in the TV and Yamaha to get ARC to work. HDMI Control can be sketchy.o_O Samsung calls HDMI Control “Anynet+”. It can be turned on in the External Devices section of the settings menu. In the sound settings, make sure audio output is set to Receiver.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yes, receivers will have just the one HDMI OUT port labeled ARC or eARC and TVs will have just the one HDMI input labeled ARC or eARC. While eARC devices do not require HDMI Control to be enabled to work, you will need to turn it on in the TV and Yamaha to get ARC to work. HDMI Control can be sketchy.o_O Samsung calls HDMI Control “Anynet+”. It can be turned on in the External Devices section of the settings menu. In the sound settings, make sure audio output is set to Receiver.
Dude thanks that takes a far amount of guess work out of it for me I’ll give this a try . This new Samsung has one EARC port and one labeled ARC I’ll go with the ARC port first I’ll pull this out from the wall in a day or two and make sure I’ve got stuff going to right stuff and see what I find .
Thanks for your help !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis