B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
It was a bear getting it in the house and in position, but well worth it!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Both Monoprice and Gene wanted me to review that sub, but at 216 lbs. I declined!
James, based on previous experience, it is obvious what one can expect of such sub. I am going to guess it even could shame PB16 Ultra in the amount of output.
No need to break back trying to prove this.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
James, based on previous experience, it is obvious what one can expect of such sub. I am going to guess it even could shame PB16 Ultra in the amount of output.
No need to break back trying to prove this.
If you look at the CEA-2010 data provided by the manufacturer, it basically just doubles the output of the Monolith 15" THX Ultra. That is pretty much what you would expect given the design. Since I already tested the other Monolith THX subs and found their claimed measurements to be realistic, I think you can trust Monoprice's performance claims with this sub. I don't feel there is a lot to be gained in me reviewing this sub aside from a broken back.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If you look at the CEA-2010 data provided by the manufacturer, it basically just doubles the output of the Monolith 15" THX Ultra. That is pretty much what you would expect given the design. Since I already tested the other Monolith THX subs and found their claimed measurements to be realistic, I think you can trust Monoprice's performance claims with this sub. I don't feel there is a lot to be gained in me reviewing this sub aside from a broken back.
But...
The Spleen massage!
:D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Bruce53

Thanks for nice photos of your new Salks. They did capture the beauty of their finish. Burled walnut with the hand-rubbed high gloss finish is probably better looking than any other furniture I've seen anywhere. Enjoy them. Now all you need is an audiophile-grade forklift to move them ;).

It's nice to see Mary Salk's signature on the certificate. She had been sick with Covid-19 and is now recovering. Jim had to quarantine for 2 weeks while staying home to take care of her.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Bruce, congrats, that is some serious eye candy and I'm sure glorious sound as well !! :p

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I don't even think it necessarily looks that bad on its styrofoam pedestal. I'll bet there are some audiophiles out there that'd pay $600 for it if your claims of "Vastly improved!"and "Night and day!" are outrageous enough! :p
for sure, paint it black and you could get another hundred !

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I don't even think it necessarily looks that bad on its styrofoam pedestal. I'll bet there are some audiophiles out there that'd pay $600 for it if your claims of "Vastly improved!"and "Night and day!" are outrageous enough! :p
Where can you get that M-215 for $600? It retails at $2499.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Where can you get that M-215 for $600? It retails at $2499.
I'm joking about the styrofoam he has around the base to protect it from the vacuum cleaner. He could market the foam to the right audiophools and get 600 for it.

G

gr8eyes

Junior Audioholic
Hi Bruce
Congratulations on the new speakers they are beautiful, but then I haven't seen any of Jims that weren't
Are they part of a HT system and if so what are your Surrounds?
Also do you know the dimensions of the center channel?

I visited with Jim about center channels last May and he said he had 2 that he was developing to pair with some of the floor standing Satori tweeter speakers. Obviously this is one of them and I assume the other will be to pair with the Beats and Encores.

I would love to hear the sound you have coming out of those speakers.

Glenn

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I'm joking about the styrofoam he has around the base to protect it from the vacuum cleaner. He could market the foam to the right audiophools and get 600 for it.
OK, I read your post a little fast.:oops:

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
This was Jim's answer; I also asked him since still no on the site.

Bruce -

The dimensions of the SS9C Center channel are:

24 1/2" W x 13 3/4" D x 14" H. The weight is 63 pounds.

- Jim

Hi Bruce
Congratulations on the new speakers they are beautiful, but then I haven't seen any of Jims that weren't
Are they part of a HT system and if so what are your Surrounds?
Also do you know the dimensions of the center channel?

I visited with Jim about center channels last May and he said he had 2 that he was developing to pair with some of the floor standing Satori tweeter speakers. Obviously this is one of them and I assume the other will be to pair with the Beats and Encores.

I would love to hear the sound you have coming out of those speakers.

Glenn

G

gr8eyes

Junior Audioholic
OK thanks Bruce
Is the price going to slot in between the Song 3 center and the SS7c?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
This was Jim's answer; I also asked him since still no on the site.

Bruce -

The dimensions of the SS9C Center channel are:

24 1/2" W x 13 3/4" D x 14" H. The weight is 63 pounds.

- Jim
Salk center channels are no joke!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis