ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Do you already have your mains, or are they in this shipment?

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Got them all setup in their temporary home. Pretty cluttered, but new theater room will be 1 1/2 times larger, if new home ever gets completed!
setup small.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That has to sound amazing. So what's the big box on the right? A dual driver sub?

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
My previous speakers are the MK 850's like seen as front heights and the surrounds. Also some MK tripoles for rear surrounds. All MK's are vintage 2003, but still did sound good until arrival of the Salks...........no comparison now.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
That has to sound amazing. So what's the big box on the right? A dual driver sub?
It is Monoprice Monolith M215 with stryofoam so vacuum won't hit it. In new home it will be properly near a corner in which there will be no regular foot traffic.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It is Monoprice Monolith M215 with stryofoam so vacuum won't hit it. In new home it will be properly near a corner in which there will be no regular foot traffic.
I don't even think it necessarily looks that bad on its styrofoam pedestal. I'll bet there are some audiophiles out there that'd pay $600 for it if your claims of "Vastly improved!"and "Night and day!" are outrageous enough! :p

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Now just needs the TV wall mounted so Center doesn't need to sit on cardboard box that some of my boardgames delivered in.

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
General question. How do you even go about deciding what Salk's to try? There's so many options and choices at very similar price points.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
General question. How do you even go about deciding what Salk's to try? There's so many options and chocies at very similar price points.
I've been told that Jim (Salk) is really helpful with walking buyers through the products and pretty good at helping folks figure out what might work best given room size and listening habits. Once you get it ballparked then to me it comes down to beryllium tweets or RAALs.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Jim is a very good business person. He can come off as gruff sometime, in my experience, but he knows what he’s about. Customer service and client support is a very major value added intangible that you don’t get from the larger monolithic companies! Jim’s got it in spades!
I heard that he even flew to a customers home one time because there was a problem of some sort. Rather than ship the speakers cross country two more times, it was easier for him to go out and fix it himself!
Considering the gear he sells, and the ticket it carries, he seems very conscious to not try upselling people even if it may make sense to do so to most. He listens to you and points you in the right direction.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Jim was awesome. He always answers the phone himself; think it is his cell. We visited his factory in August. He gave complete tour of the whole crafting process and allowed us to listen to a multitude of his products. He even had a pair of SS9.5's with diamond tweeters in them...those were beyond awesome, but the extra $$ kept that out of consideration. We ordered the SS9C before he had any in active production.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Here are best pics of the 9.5's that I could get...forgot to pics before installing them.
9.5.1.jpeg
9.5.2.jpeg
9.5.3.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis