New memorial on the National Mall

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
If the upcoming election is causing you to bite your nails, a bit of relief arrived in Washington DC yesterday in the shape of a giant turd on a desk in direct view of the US Capitol. In addition to the soft-serve styled swirled poop replica, the desk in the middle of the National Mall near 3rd Street NW also held a rendering of an office phone and a nameplate with Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s name on it. Was it protest or sarcasm?
1729868691083.png

Many visitors weren’t sure what to make of the statue as they first approached it. Janis Grout, a supporter of Donald Trump, was not impressed. “I’m glad it’s temporary,” said Grout of Bend, Oregon, who was visiting DC for the first time. “I don’t think it’s necessary. This is a beautiful place and it messes with that.”

Minnesotans Chris and Ann Blunt, who stopped in DC on their way to Georgia, pooh-poohed the naysayers. “I think it’s hilarious,” said Chris as his wife smiled. “At first I thought, why is there a statue dedicated to a turd, but now I get it. Nice job whoever did it.”

The memorial included a bronze plaque on a pedestal below the desk. It reads:
1729868647523.png

“This memorial honors the brave men and women who broke into the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021 to loot, urinate and defecate throughout those hallowed halls in order to overturn an election. President Trump celebrates these heroes of January 6th as ‘unbelievable patriots’ and ‘warriors.’ This monument stands as a testament to their daring sacrifice and lasting legacy.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/10/24/dc-poop-statue-jan-6-insurrection-national-mall/

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis