New member & new amp

F

Fomoco69

Junior Audioholic
I meant on the Luxman unit itself, but with remotes that old I suppose it could be either. A Harmony might do it if the problem is in the remote. You sure you're aiming it well at the receiver's sensor? I prefer having a remote myself.
Ten four....cleaned sensor window....tried many different angles & distances....it worked the first night ...then quit
Process of elimination....I kept my 1997 Teac ACG8520 / Costco unit....remote works awesome....but I must say...everything else about Lux works & sounds great!.....

F

Fomoco69

Junior Audioholic
Back in the 1970s 60 WPC was considered pretty powerful as I remember. Hell my 1st hi fi receiver in 1978 was a 25 WPC Nikko and I was in heaven with some small Marantz speakers.:)
Ten four....I'm 60 years young & don't have the room anymore for 120. WPC....still crank it up once in a while ..but mainly want good clean power 60- 80 WPC.....plenty

F

Fomoco69

Junior Audioholic
I meant on the Luxman unit itself, but with remotes that old I suppose it could be either. A Harmony might do it if the problem is in the remote. You sure you're aiming it well at the receiver's sensor? I prefer having a remote myself.
Had my remote tested & it's got a burned out sensor bulb & diode.....will be repaired & back in service soon.....

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Hello.....just purchased a clean 1976- 1978 Pioneer SA. 8500 Amp & TX 720 tuner....I have them paired up with my 1994 Onkyo CD deck & 1990 Polk monitor 5 spea kers......sounds great.....powerful Amp / 60 watts per channel...
Where did you find that old gear? Was it refurbished? Antique gear can be fun, but the limits of gear like that can leave one frustrated.;)

F

Fomoco69

Junior Audioholic
Where did you find that old gear? Was it refurbished? Antique gear can be fun, but the limits of gear like that can leave one frustrated.;)
Hi....I've had my Polk monitor 5 speakers for yea rs....upgraded tweeters....got my Pioneer Amp & tuner from a local audio shop here in Sacramento..last month......Onkyo 6 disc CD player with remote back in 2009 @ goodwill / $12.00....like new and just picked up a 1990 Luxman R117 reciever off E bay....excellent condition....$300.00.....which is a little louder & clearer than the Pioneer ...which maybe could use new caps...but still sounds great for 1976.....I used to have a clean pair of Klipsch KG4 / KG4.2 speakers, but had to down size.....killer speakers if you have the room

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis