New Line up of AV Receivers from JBL

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Yikes, lol. The JBL receivers could be something but their awful ads aren't going to help them. I'm hoping they infringed on Apple patents with that remote controller and Apple sues and settles for ownership there rather than go for Sound United. Lots of reasons to do so. Denon/Marantz units come with baggage nobody is quantifying. Namely, the trauma brought back to the fore when some see them. They are the units their dads and grandpas loved more than their wives and children and God help anybody who ever touched their equipment and left a fingerprint on it.

There are lots of young people out there that have run off to their bedroom for one reason or another to bury their face in their pillow for a good cry. Having composed themselves, they turned to their iPhone and played their "bring me back from the brink" song and streamed it to their JBL speaker. It calmed them down and then put a smile on their face as they stared at that bright orange logo. For f#%k sake, why isn't anybody filming a commercial showing that person all grown up in a big box store as they come upon a new JBL receiver festooned with that bright orange logo and suddenly smile? Oh, that's right, the dumb s#%ts forgot to put the big orange logo on the front panel.

Oh, and for those that love manuals like myself, they really f#%ked that up as well with only two different downloads for five different models. One is forced to check the (X model only) notes all to often.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
JBL AVR's will sell as have a name with their speakers. I would say, 75% of new HT folks, will go for a lower grade AVR[Price], as they don't know better. If it works, what does it matter. An AVR and speakers are a luxury. My .02 cents, too.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
JBL AVR's will sell as have a name with their speakers. I would say, 75% of new HT folks, will go for a lower grade AVR[Price], as they don't know better. If it works, what does it matter. An AVR and speakers are a luxury. My .02 cents, too.
Harman is fortunate they have many audio brands with JBL as their strongest on a global basis now supported by significant sales of BT speakers, headphones and ear buds. Their new line of JBL AVRs is assembled in China by a well-known factory that builds for Cambridge and NAD. They cover all of the major price points, starting @$399 and going up to $1599. Another big plus is that the products are universal being multi-voltage so a single model can be sold anywhere in the world. If the consumer wants a higher class JBL AVR there are the higher-end units built in Vietnam by the factory that originally built the Harman/Kardon AVRs and certain other products for Denon and Marantz... In the end.. How well will they sell?
Too early to tell...
But they look positive and appear to have the mostly requested market features.....

Just my $0.02... ;)

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Oh, right. I was looking at their $8K SDR-35 AVR, which is class-G, and I assumed their 9100-AVR was also class-G. So their class D and G must be very small and light.
Note the other mentioned higher-end JBL AVRs are Class G assembled in Vietnam, same factory that builds the Audio Control products. The subject lineup is a totally different platform, amplifiers are Class D, DSP is a 4-core Cirrus Logic. The source is in China, same factory that builds Cambridge & NAD products..

Just my $0.02... ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis