New Home Theater Setup

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
I don't remember if you said what receiver you have or what reciever your looking at

@mazersteven yes this Denon receiver is the one i searched. I dont own any receiver currently. Everything is going to be brand new setup.

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
I don't remember if you said what receiver you have or what reciever your looking at

@mazersteven So is this the best (cheapest) way to achieve 11.2 configuration? Is the usual recommendation to use external amplifier for rear atmos speakers? I am looking to find the cheapest way to achieve this. Please suggest.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
@mazersteven So is this the best (cheapest) way to achieve 11.2 configuration? Is the usual recommendation to use external amplifier for rear atmos speakers?
You use external amp for your main left and right speaker and then let your receiver run all the other speakers

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
You use external amp for your main left and right speaker and then let your receiver run all the other speakers
Thank you! Is there any recommended 2 channel amplifier. The above one seems to be for one channel so i will need 2 amplifiers in that case.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I recommended the Outlaw amps based on you purchasing SVS or Paradigm towers (dont understand why your not). But for the SVS bookshelfs this is all you'll need

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you! Is there any recommended 2 channel amplifier. The above one seems to be for one channel so i will need 2 amplifiers in that case.
Buy it as a bundle and save...

Model 2220

SAVE: $99.00

Model 2220

$399.00 $300.00
buy as a bundle and save
$798.00 $699.00
SAVE $99.00

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
@mazersteven yes i saw this one but i am constrained by budget with lot of other things involved in finishing up basement :( I will be going with the above 2 channel suggestion for now and may be look for some good upgrades later.

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
Did any of you used below lights for accent lighting in home theater?

I was initially looking for installing sconce lights but these were suggested by my electrician as this will save money by have one set of lights do both full lighting + accent lighting. I am not sure if these lights in night light mode will have any impact on projector. Really appreciate any suggestions.

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern

I was initially looking for installing sconce lights but these were suggested by my electrician as this will save money by have one set of lights do both full lighting + accent lighting. I am not sure if these lights in night light mode will have any impact on projector. Really appreciate any suggestions.
@shadyJ @mazersteven @William Lemmerhirt ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Well I gotta say they look pretty sweet. Between my kitchen and LR, I have 24 can lights and these just got moved to my shopping list. I love accent lighting and often use it as opposed to the normal lights. Imo, those would be very nice. All of ours are trimmed with stainless rings so not sure how I’ll do that.
But if you have none in place now, I would definitely put those high on the list.

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
Thanks @mazersteven and @William Lemmerhirt I am doing this room as new so i am going for these. Just to be safe i am keeping the front 2 lights which will be kind of close to projector screen on a diff switch so i can keep them off if they are bright and annoying. Once all of the work is complete i will give my feedback based on how it is :)

S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
On a different note i bought one SVS PB-2000 (Not the PRO) at a local auction but later figured that they are not available any more to add another :( If i want to add another sub, will it be okay to add a PB-2000 Pro?
Is there any recommended good 4k projector <~2000$ ?

Last edited:
S

sathishv

Audioholic Intern
On a different note i bought one SVS PB-2000 (Not the PRO) at a local auction but later figured that they are not available any more to add another :( If i want to add another sub, will it be okay to add a PB-2000 Pro?
Is there any recommended good 4k projector <~2000$ ?
@mazersteven @William Lemmerhirt can any of you please suggest

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is there any recommended good 4k projector QUOTE]

Can’t really comment on the projector. Sorry...
For the PC’s, they are different from one another. But if you can take time and place them, I think you’ll be ok running them together.

T

Theangelofspace15

Audiophyte
Can we use car grade amp to run the 2main center? Also do you get better quality from those prebuilt speaker or you can get better by building you main LCR? Im in kind off in the same place as the OP and im planning my atmos as well. I have a denom x6400L and pretty much dame size room as OP, currently running definitive pro1000 monitors with 2000 center but I think on upgrading to the recommended speakers for OP (SVS ultra, svs pb-2000, and svs prime elevation (2 and 2 more down the road), Could I get better performance by building mains and subs? Or is it better to get the svs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis