New Home Theater Setup

S

sathishv

Enthusiast
I don't remember if you said what receiver you have or what reciever your looking at

@mazersteven yes this Denon receiver is the one i searched. I dont own any receiver currently. Everything is going to be brand new setup.

S

sathishv

Enthusiast
I don't remember if you said what receiver you have or what reciever your looking at

@mazersteven So is this the best (cheapest) way to achieve 11.2 configuration? Is the usual recommendation to use external amplifier for rear atmos speakers? I am looking to find the cheapest way to achieve this. Please suggest.

S

sathishv

Enthusiast
You use external amp for your main left and right speaker and then let your receiver run all the other speakers
Thank you! Is there any recommended 2 channel amplifier. The above one seems to be for one channel so i will need 2 amplifiers in that case.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I recommended the Outlaw amps based on you purchasing SVS or Paradigm towers (dont understand why your not). But for the SVS bookshelfs this is all you'll need

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you! Is there any recommended 2 channel amplifier. The above one seems to be for one channel so i will need 2 amplifiers in that case.
Buy it as a bundle and save...

Model 2220

SAVE: $99.00

Model 2220

$399.00 $300.00
buy as a bundle and save
$798.00 $699.00
SAVE $99.00

S

sathishv

Enthusiast
@mazersteven yes i saw this one but i am constrained by budget with lot of other things involved in finishing up basement :( I will be going with the above 2 channel suggestion for now and may be look for some good upgrades later.

S

sathishv

Enthusiast
Did any of you used below lights for accent lighting in home theater?

I was initially looking for installing sconce lights but these were suggested by my electrician as this will save money by have one set of lights do both full lighting + accent lighting. I am not sure if these lights in night light mode will have any impact on projector. Really appreciate any suggestions.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis