New Denon avr-X3600H owner with questions

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Missed this one. I can take "had to adjust my subs way too high" a few different ways....can you explain? If anything the avr manual generally has you set gain at 50% which is often too much for a typical plate amp. Where was sub trim level set by Audyssey?
Yeah, good to elaborate. I had assumed he meant post audyssey.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, good to elaborate. I had assumed he meant post audyssey.
True some don't like it where Audyssey sets it even if the sub trim level is okay, but if the sub trim level was set to max (-12 I believe in this gear) it indicates the gain on the sub is too high....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
True some don't like it where Audyssey sets it even if the sub trim level is okay, but if the sub trim level was set to max (-12 I believe in this gear) it indicates the gain on the sub is too high....
Yeah after I reread his post I was like, huh, that could mean he bumped too high before OR after. Guess we’ll see. Maybe...

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Missed this one. I can take "had to adjust my subs way too high" a few different ways....can you explain? If anything the avr manual generally has you set gain at 50% which is often too much for a typical plate amp. Where was sub trim level set by Audyssey?
Sub 1 was -4.5
Sub 2 was -9.5 ended and with sub1 + 4.5 sub 2 - 0.5
So + 10 decibels

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sub 1 was -4.5
Sub 2 was -9.5 ended and with sub1 + 4.5 sub 2 - 0.5
So + 10 decibels
hey you live in louisiana uhu, cause anyone with a profile name like yours gotta be South of I10 in louisiana, but here’s a test, what is Cracklin’s? ;) i’m in Youngsville. one more thing some of the older members don’t get Cajun slang. Who Dat! How you liking your setup?

PS don’t tell no Boudreaux and Thibodeau jokes, they get mad think you talking about their wife or kids. ;)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
hey you live in louisiana uhu, cause anyone with a profile name like yours gotta be South of I10 in louisiana, but here’s a test, what is Cracklin’s? ;) i’m in Youngsville. one more thing some of the older members don’t get Cajun slang. Who Dat! How you liking your setup?

PS don’t tell no Boudreaux and Thibodeau jokes, they get mad think you talking about their wife or kids. ;)
Cracklings are fried pork skins with fat and a little meat ...
I’m from the southside of Lafayette not far from Maurice so you’re not far from me at all. Meh ya I’m south of I-10 LOL...I never thought I’d talk to someone 10-15 minutes away on Audioholics.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Cracklings are fried pork skins with fat and a little meat ...
I’m from the southside of Lafayette not far from Maurice so you’re not far from me at all. Meh ya I’m south of I-10 LOL...I never thought I’d talk to someone 10-15 minutes away on Audioholics.
Hey! hell yeah!! We probably met in the swamp hunting raccoons or gators ;) anyways in case you haven’t met some of the very Knowledgeable older members, PENG, TLSGUY, MCode, ADTG, umm Gene the owner for sure. If Gene has time he will answer a email if you shoot him one. He’s answered a few of mine before great guy Very knowledgeable. When I first opened up a account I use to talk a lot of Cajun slang just to mess with some of the members some got mad lol. They even thought i was a Bot at one time lol. I would post up things like Yous, that means more than two in Cajun lol or dem Instead of them, lolo boy some got really mad!! Anyways I blew my cover when I mentioned Miller lite beer and Dampening factor, one dude got all bent out of shape. lol But it’s all good he gets into it with even some of the other old members on here I think his Canadian or something.;)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Hey! hell yeah!! We probably met in the swamp hunting raccoons or gators ;) anyways in case you haven’t met some of the very Knowledgeable older members, PENG, TLSGUY, MCode, ADTG, umm Gene the owner for sure. If Gene has time he will answer a email if you shoot him one. He’s answered a few of mine before great guy Very knowledgeable. When I first opened up a account I use to talk a lot of Cajun slang just to mess with some of the members some got mad lol. They even thought i was a Bot at one time lol. I would post up things like Yous, that means more than two in Cajun lol or dem Instead of them, lolo boy some got really mad!! Anyways I blew my cover when I mentioned Miller lite beer and Dampening factor, one dude got all bent out of shape. lol But it’s all good he gets into it with even some of the other old members on here I think his Canadian or something.;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
been on here since 2011, two other profiles moved around a lot lost pass word to those plus old email accounts closed so can’t get into them anymore. Oh if you looking for good deals check with ADTG aka Andrew he a dealer but also a pharmacist great guy to get to know. He helped a lot get gear at really good prices. I think someone give ADTG a Cow once? He said he opened up his front door and a Cow was in his front yard just standing there. But I believe he ate that Cow cause all of a sudden he was selling a bunch of steaks.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I never tried coon but my dad loves it. I do like me some gator though. I’ve chatted with a few of the regulars you mentioned. I’ve read and enjoyed Audioholics for years but only recently joined...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I never tried coon but my dad loves it. I do like me some gator though. I’ve chatted with a few of the regulars you mentioned. I’ve read and enjoyed Audioholics for years but only recently joined...
Yeah this forum AH Probably the best one on the Internet. Has some Very knowledgeable members with lots of experience.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@CajunLB, didn’t mean to highjack your thread. great to meet someone from my back yard on here!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Are you from Youngsville ?
yep, moved here this pass September retired from the oilfield, man if I’d would have known this was all it was at 61 i’d smoked more weed back in the 70’s lol.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
that Denon 3600 is a nice unit you have, very nice build to it! I like the two Separate power rails it has in it. Plus Denon put a fan underneath the two power rails. It’s just a really nice build to it plus it’s load.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
FWIW not necessary for Audyssey particularly as Audyssey resets all relevant features on each run.....but for other features I'd definitely run the full reset on receipt of a used/refurb model....
I found my issues with the subwoofers and it’s something I should have mentioned from the beginning because a few members would have caught it. My girlfriend moved one a few feet because it looked better.
When I put it back corner loaded I was able to lower the gain to within 4db of Audyssey level instead of 10dbs. What a huge difference a few feet made. Wow.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
yep, moved here this pass September retired from the oilfield, man if I’d would have known this was all it was at 61 i’d smoked more weed back in the 70’s lol.
[/QUOTE
I’m disabled now but I was a production operator. I really enjoyed the oilfield.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I found my issues with the subwoofers and it’s something I should have mentioned from the beginning because a few members would have caught it. My girlfriend moved one a few feet because it looked better.
When I put it back corner loaded I was able to lower the gain to within 4db of Audyssey level instead of 10dbs. What a huge difference a few feet made. Wow.
Like real estate, location location location :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Bro I was a Senior instrumentation pneumatics in the Gulf. Worked for TEST Automation and controls, MMR, I miss the money for sure. I blew out my left knee gotta total knee replacement. my last trip was 2010 ATP deep water.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis