New crown Xli 1500 amp

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Lol, thought it was possible. Was going to turn off the bookshelf speakers when u wanted to listen to 2 ch cds/vinyl. Thought it wasn't that weird to have 4 front speakers LMFAO , I guess I'm weird I haven't run auddessy again yet, just wanted to see if it worked before running it again
Yes, it is weird and in fact totally idiotic. This system looks to me to be very badly designed and executed. My advice is simplify, simplify and simplify.

Two good speakers will always outperform any number of poor ones.

D

dutchcrunch

Enthusiast
M

McChris

Enthusiast
@dutchcrunch, I signed up for this site just to say I'm doing the same thing.
You're not weird... or an idiot.

I can't believe that kinda talk flies on here.

@TLS Guy were you just having a bad day?
I'm kinda embarrassed for you.

M

McChris

Enthusiast
Yeah, I noticed that.

I guess I felt insulted too, since I had a similar question.

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
I own a Marantz sr6013, and have done exactly what you are trying to accomplish. The Marantz is flaky about pre-outs. Remove the speakers, plug into pre-out, reboot several times. The signal should kick on. Then add each other pair, front, rear, etc. I decided to have 2 different amps play through my front rp280fa, I have an older onkyo a-8048 it is integrated. I use a switch. I also have a behringer a-500, I use to power a sub, it needs a preamp to boost the signal from the rocketfish wireless sub connection. I have both amps playing to subs, older amp required a small rca gain/freq regulator. There are a lot of boxes and wires, but the music from the separate type amp is better. So I get to have the system, the way I like it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis