N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Hoping someone that has purchased the new BMR speakers can help me with my, somewhat strange, questions below.
  • What are the dimensions of the shipping box for the new BMRs?
  • What is the branding on the outside of the shipping box? If you have a picture of the boxes and can include that here, that would be even better.
Edit - found out that there is no branding on the shipping boxes. So just need the dimensions now.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Here...
LMGTFY.
(SMDH)

It's all right there. On his website.

Unless he and his partner have changed anything, there is no branding on his cabinet. When I bought my BMRs, he included some small labels that could be applied if one chose.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Did you mean the shipping boxes or the actual speaker itself like Ryan linked to?

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Did you mean the shipping boxes or the actual speaker itself like Ryan linked to?
The shipping boxes - thanks for asking and not making assumptions about my inability to Google information

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Your best bet for that info is probably going to be to contact Dennis.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why do you need to know how the boxes are marked? Porch pirate fears?

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Then why don't you email Dennis and ask the man himself. He's very friendly and will answer when he is able! :)

info@philharmonicaudio.com

BTW, nice edit up above.
Already done - that’s whom I first contacted. Ken is sold out and doesn’t have boxes any more...the shipping kind ;)
I could’ve been more explicit but I didn’t think someone would take box to mean cabinet although the words are used interchangeably for speakers. Regarding the other edit. I got that info from Ken.

Last edited:
N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Why do you need to know how the boxes are marked? Porch pirate fears?
Something like that. It’s a long story that I didn’t want to get into. Should’ve known better about my fellow audioholics - speakers, and good ones at that, get us all excited and curious. To make the story short, I bought them some time back and they’re unopened with a ton of other shipping boxes. I’m trying to give the person attempting to locate them as much detail as I can to find them

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, the older generation BMR with the Piano Black cabinets (or "boxes" :p ) shippid in boxes measuring:
25x17.5x13"
Perhaps that will get you closer.
You may also want to try the thread over at AVS... I don't recall if anybody active on it has the new BMRs, but it could help you.
Also, we could ask his partner...
@internova1
Do you know the size box the BMRs are shipping in these days? Any identifiable markings?

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
FWIW, the older generation BMR with the Piano Black cabinets (or "boxes" :p ) shippid in boxes measuring:
25x17.5x13"
Perhaps that will get you closer.
You may also want to try the thread over at AVS... I don't recall if anybody active on it has the new BMRs, but it could help you.
Also, we could ask his partner...
@internova1
Do you know the size box the BMRs are shipping in these days? Any identifiable markings?
Thanks - that’ll help for sure. His partner, Ken, is the one I emailed first but he didn’t know as he is waiting for the next shipment to come in. He is checking with other customers and I figured I’d see what I could find here in the meantime. Finally, we have some progress :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks - that’ll help for sure. His partner, Ken, is the one I emailed first but he didn’t know as he is waiting for the next shipment to come in. He is checking with other customers and I figured I’d see what I could find here in the meantime. Finally, we have some progress :)
I don't believe Internova and Ken are the same person. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain Internova introduced himself with a different name. We'll see.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I got some new BMRs recently and I still have the boxes. However, the boxes are at my house and I’m out of town at my cottage right now (listening to the BMRs!)

As I recall the boxes don’t have any distinctive markings on them. I’d guess you’d be close if you added 6 inches to the depth and width and 8 inches to the height of the speakers (again that’s just a guess)

I’ll measure them tomorrow night when I’m back in town and post the info

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
I don't believe Internova and Ken are the same person. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain Internova introduced himself with a different name. We'll see.
Oooh now we’ve added some intrigue to the story!
I got some new BMRs recently and I still have the boxes. However, the boxes are at my house and I’m out of town at my cottage right now (listening to the BMRs!)

As I recall the boxes don’t have any distinctive markings on them. I’d guess you’d be close if you added 6 inches to the depth and width and 8 inches to the height of the speakers (again that’s just a guess)

I’ll measure them tomorrow night when I’m back in town and post the info
Thank you, sir! I’ll wait till tomorrow to get the exact dimensions. Have a safe journey back

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
You know, a smart rich guy would bankroll and take care of semantics at phil audio and have Dennis sipping cocktails and working new crossover ideas ... :)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
And, @Mr._Clark ...

How do you like them? :D
I find it difficult to comment on them without sounding like a drooling, slobbering fan boy, but I’ll try!

They are perfect! Okay, not actually perfect in every sense of the word, but they are very close to perfect within their design window. For example, I have them set up in a small room. I’m not sure how they’d do in a large room.

They are probably not the best choice for someone who prefers “bright” speakers or some other nonlinear response.

Also, I was not expecting them to hit low bass so I have them set up with a pair of Hsu ULS-15 MK2 subs (ported subs would have been my first choice but there are severe space constraints at my cottage).

At the risk of derailing this thread, getting the subs to play nice with the BMRs has proven to be challenge. I’ve tried a zillion different crossovers and sub settings and I can’t get it quite right. I really need to take some measurements and figure out what is actually going on (Part of the problem is that I’m only at the cottage on weekends and I typically just want to kick my feet up in front of the fireplace and watch a game

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I find it difficult to comment on them without sounding like a drooling, slobbering fan boy, but I’ll try!

They are perfect! Okay, not actually perfect in every sense of the word, but they are very close to perfect within their design window. For example, I have them set up in a small room. I’m not sure how they’d do in a large room.

They are probably not the best choice for someone who prefers “bright” speakers or some other nonlinear response.

Also, I was not expecting them to hit low bass so I have them set up with a pair of Hsu ULS-15 MK2 subs (ported subs would have been my first choice but there are severe space constraints at my cottage).

At the risk of derailing this thread, getting the subs to play nice with the BMRs has proven to be challenge. I’ve tried a zillion different crossovers and sub settings and I can’t get it quite right. I really need to take some measurements and figure out what is actually going on (Part of the problem is that I’m only at the cottage on weekends and I typically just want to kick my feet up in front of the fireplace and watch a game
I have no experience with the BMR's but i have a pair of emotiva b1s he modded, i assume they are voiced very similar.. Pretty amazing what he can do with a pair of entry level speakers..

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ummm... @Swerd , got a live one here! :p

Mr Clark, that's how I felt with the BMRs and then the Phil3s again once they showed up. And These are easily the best speakers at their price point, and are easily what one calls Neutral and Accurate.

I could understand having issues dialing in Subs without something like Audyssey XT32 to help smooth things out. FWIW, I found 80 Hz to be a great XO in my small room (11x15', ~2000'^3 with high clerestory ceiling.)

I'm glad to hear you're happy with them. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis