Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn’t see the link but I’ll check the 6013 out. Does your 6011 independently set each of your sub distances or you just using minidsp for that?
It does. The 2 units are very, very similar and have almost the exact same features. I think the 6013 has a touch more power and HDAM, which is supposed to mean less noise I believe. I'd be perfectly happy with Denon, but given a choice between like models (as these are) I'd probably always pick Marantz. Plus with buying new from Amazon you have their return policies, any warranties, etc.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW the ability to set level/delay for two subs independently on Denon & Marantz models are via the Audyssey MultEQ XT32/SubEQ feature set, the Audyssey MultEQ XT and basic MultEQ sets do not have that feature.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
It does. The 2 units are very, very similar and have almost the exact same features. I think the 6013 has a touch more power and HDAM, which is supposed to mean less noise I believe. I'd be perfectly happy with Denon, but given a choice between like models (as these are) I'd probably always pick Marantz. Plus with buying new from Amazon you have their return policies, any warranties, etc.
So you prefer marantz, they made slightly better? I’ve never had experience with a marantz so have no idea on their sound quality or features

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think the biggest difference between Denon & Marantz right now is marketing, particularly in the US where they tend to position the Marantz as "better" (and higher priced) based on it's reputation from past units (and owners). Marantz markets their HDAM, Denon ALS 24 and ALS 32. Seriously doubt there's enough difference in similar models to tell in a proper comparison.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
FWIW the ability to set level/delay for two subs independently on Denon & Marantz models are via the Audyssey MultEQ XT32/SubEQ feature set, the Audyssey MultEQ XT and basic MultEQ sets do not have that feature.
Thx, yea I’ve read that. I appreciate all you guys opinions on the thread I started. I started it because I watched that video gene did with another guy but I can’t remember his name. He had a list of avrs that had 11.2 processing and which ones were better and their prices. Plus I’ve kinda frustrated with my Yamaha and started looking around but wanted you guys opinion

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I apologize but if some of you are sending me stuff on tapatalk, I do not have it on my phone so I can’t reply

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So you prefer marantz, they made slightly better? I’ve never had experience with a marantz so have no idea on their sound quality or features
Not necessarily. I agree with HD that there's more marketing hype than real world differences. If the choices were a refurb Marantz vs a brand new Denon I'd pick the Denon.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Not necessarily. I agree with HD that there's more marketing hype than real world differences. If the choices were a refurb Marantz vs a brand new Denon I'd pick the Denon.
Sorry was getting ready for work. Ok thx. If I step away from Yamaha, just want to make right choice on a new one. I value all the opinions

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Anyone had Yamaha then switched to denon or vice versa, difference in sound?

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
I have Marantz and Denon AVRs. One was $2.2K(Marantz) and other $600(Denon) , so its not a apples-apples comparison, from the same D&M family. So I reserve my comments. Neverthless, both serve(d) me very well , with countless movies, although one(Marantz) broke down on me twice, inspite of being well cared for, with fans,ventillation and wasnt impressed by the warranty or customer service !!

For my next home theater Procesor/Amp, tech refresh , I'm likely going separates(could be dedicated Pre/Pro or AVR with amps disengaged) and Yamaha is definitely on the list , along with D&M. I dont have experience with Yamaha's YPAO room correction, so cant comment there..,but Audyssey doesnt get you there 100% on day 1 as well..,so we can make it all work with any..,

Anything can break..its electronics..its where the post-sales support comes into play and who goes extra mile to retain you as a customer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The biggest differences will be in the dissimilar room EQ dsp as well as other implementations of dsp....depends what you want to use. In basic direct mode I doubt there's any difference to worry about.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I found the x6400 for 1500 new and x4400 for 1200 new, any thoughts on these two? Main difference I see from the newer versions is no imax enhanced, whatever that does idk.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Man, I thought the 4500 was going for $899 for some reason... I did find one for under a thousand tho.

The 3600 is also a very good receiver. A few less bells n whistles than the 4500 but a model year newer and still has all the features I think you'd need. Also, I just stumbled across a great deal for this Marantz SR6013 for $899. I have the 6011 (same model, older production year) and have no intentions of replacing it anytime soon. Great receiver, same features as the 3600 with (I think) a little bit more power.
Man I just re-read your post on the 6013 you linked, that is a dam good price

E

EBN

Audioholic
I found the x6400 for 1500 new and x4400 for 1200 new, any thoughts on these two? Main difference I see from the newer versions is no imax enhanced, whatever that does idk.
X6400H = Made in Japan and little bit extra power (140w vs. 125w 2ch 8ohm) and 11channels so 7.2.4 out of box without extra amplification.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
X6400H = Made in Japan and little bit extra power (140w vs. 125w 2ch 8ohm) and 11channels so 7.2.4 out of box without extra amplification.
Is being made in Japan not a good thing?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
It's actually a great thing. Japanese units tend to be built to tighter tolerances than the others. Very high quality work.
Do you know anything about the IMAX enhanced feature the 6400 does not have, I think that was the only feature it did not have compared to the 6500

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’m torn between marantz and denon. Never had an issue with my current Yamaha or my other one I still have but kinda want to try a different brand

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis