New Arcam 2022 8K AV Receivers w Dirac Live Bass and More...

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I wouldn't be so adamant on finding the answer to this If I hadn't heard what audyssey eq could do to improve my bass response in my bedroom setup. I am now an adamant supporter of room correction know if done for the bass frequencies because of this experience. It was not an easy integration with 3 full range towers and a sub. But Audyssey nailed it. You know I wasnt always like that PENG. In fact I was completely against any room eq at all. And audyssey multisub eq is done with 2 sub inputs wired independently on the Denon. This is done for a reason. Otherwise they'd just wire it parallel. Now Arcam is offering a prepro for over $5000 that does this same improvement on bass. For up to 4 subs. But it needs to be wired the same way Denon wires they're sub outputs for it be 100% effective.

Audio Advice contacted me today and is going to check with they're installers of the Arcam units to find out the answer to this question. They said they will contact me back Monday I will keep you gentleman informed of what I find out
I think we (even ADTG) are in general agreement that RC/REQ are effective in the 10 to 300 Hz range, above that it becomes "it depends.....". My point is, as ADTG explained clearer than I could, that to time align each sub vs grouping identical ones that are equidistance is an overkill, and to EQ them individually is not necessary, may even do more harm than good when there is only 1 sub channel. DLBC may be perfect in this sense and can actually do good in the independently aligning and EQ'ing each subs up to 4 or more without grouping them but even then, is the effect audible, that's the question? That's why I rarely say I am running 7.5.4 just because I have 5 subs in my set up, because it really is just 7.1.4 even if I have 8 subs.:D

As I said I would likely purchase DLBC when it becomes available (for my simple 2.1 system) I won't tell others if they do that they will hear improved sound quality. I do those things because I am very curious about those things, and I can afford some of those things..:) But then I don't have golden ears, so ommv.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Exactly, quite often we are dealing with 70% perfect vs 90% perfect (100% not possible!!), and whether that extra 20% theoretically better are in fact realized in real world because of other variables not accounted for such as inconsistent seat mlp when listening to movies/music, mic positions when measuring. Is it possible that sometimes fuzzy is better than exact, when time aligning subs in the case of independent vs grouping...etc..

Audyssey, and I am sure DL too, use fuzzy logic in their algorithm for good reasons, you would think..
This is probably the main reason why guys like us spend LESS and LESS money in this hobby. :D

When we were much younger, it was about that 90% perfection. Now it's about that 70-80% perfection and a lot more about finding CONTENTS (whether music, movies, TV).

As we know, the ORIGINAL SOURCE quality is SALIENT. :D

If the original source quality sucks, spending $20K on Room Correction and 10-Independent-Sub-EQ won't do much. :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Audyssey Sub EQ's:

1) Audyssey would require you to group the 4 subs into pairs of 2 based on pairing 2 that are equidistance to your mlp.
2) Audyssey sub EQ HT would time aligned the two pairs of 2 subs that are equidistance to mlp.
3) Audyssey XT32 would EQ all 4 as one.
Audyssey supports more than two independent (level/distance) subwoofer outputs but the manufactures have chosen to support only two. This from the former Audyssey CTO a number of years ago

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys Audio Advice got back with me. According to Harman inputs 13 and 14 are for the front independent subs and inputs 15 and 16 are for the independent rear subs. Plus you have the sub input 1 & 2 although parallel one sub can
be independent there as well.

They got this straight from Harman themselves. Ohhhhhhhhh this has got my curiosity going big time!!!!!

For $5000 with Dirac that's the best budget in that price range! Also Audio Advice says they don't have all the bugs in these that they did when the 40 series initially rolled out. They are working smooth when they ran them through there paces!

Woo woo! Sounds pretty cool guys!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys Audio Advice got back with me. According to Harman inputs 13 and 14 are for the front independent subs and inputs 15 and 16 are for the independent rear subs. Plus you have the sub input 1 & 2 although parallel one sub can

They got this straight from Harman themselves. Ohhhhhhhhh this has got my curiosity going big time!!!!!

For $5000 with Dirac that's the best budget in that price range! Also Audio Advice says they don't have all the bugs in these that they did when the 40 series initially rolled out. They are working smooth when they ran them through there paces!

When I look at the XLR outs, they have a dedicated Sub1, then CHs- 13, 14, 15, 16 (all assignable). So it sounds like you can do 6 overhead with the dedicated H1-4 outputs, and 2 of the assignable channels, then run 3 discreet Sub Out from the other assignable? ( ...or 9.3.4 for those that seem to be sold on Fr Wides ;) )

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
When I look at the XLR outs, they have a dedicated Sub1, then CHs- 13, 14, 15, 16 (all assignable). So it sounds like you can do 6 overhead with the dedicated H1-4 outputs, and 2 of the assignable channels, then run 3 discreet Sub Out from the other assignable? ( ...or 9.3.4 for those that seem to be sold on Fr Wides ;) )
Thanks to my room size I'd be using it for the subs just a simple 7.4.4 :)

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic

Sure hope they sell enough of them.
I'm 20% about ARC and 80% on actual sound quality. Even better if it's free or less coin. got to run toodaloo!

Edit: just a note, anyone interested in fairly new RX-A4A? still have box and all accessories taking very good care of.

Low one time special upcoming fall price of 700.00. plus who ever may want this very fine nice sounding Yamaha AVR just inbox me a message we can discuss options.

Still have All paperwork on it and the last update not the newest one of 1.73. Jump man! won't get a better deal. Lowballers will be ignored.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis