Never Have I Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It would have done little good to go to Verizon and pay her phone bill. The reason being, it is set up for auto debit resulting in not enough time to stop payment. Not too long ago I did actually go into my local Verizon and pay her bill before she set up auto debit. Come to find out the dumb-a$$ took her money even though it was already paid. I watched the CS Rep pull her account up and he told me what the payment was. As such, I paid it in full.

Only later that day I discovered my other Philippine Sister had already paid it. One thing I really did notice though when I went into the Verizon store-all the employees were playing on their personal phones. So, instead of actually checking to see if the bill had been paid the CS Rep was more interested/distracted by his phone. What a shame!

Cheers,

Phil
If they were doing that to become more familiar, I can accept it but knowing how people are fascinated by blinking lights and funny noises, I doubt it.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
US dollars are a promise to pay, nothing more. If the US government wants to recoup the money in offshore accounts and pay off a good chunk of the deficit (yeah, right!- let's just call it a 'cash grab', which is all it would be), they could change the currency and create an exchange rate that's in their favor, for a fee and with a time limit AND if the accounting doesn't add up the way the people show, the money that was hidden would be taxed at an exorbitant rate.
Theoretically.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
On a positive note, Fifth Third decided not to charge my Philippine sister a $38 over-draft fee. That was very nice of them. Furthermore, she found out that there has in fact been some changes to said policies including deposits. Something about that Fifth Third can NOT acknowledge to someone that a customer even has a checking account with them. All b/c of a rather large breach that occurred prior to. At least, that is what she was told.

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
A few days ago I go into my local Fifth Third bank to deposit money into my Philippine Sister's checking account. Most of the time she prefers me to just give her the candy bar money that I have collected. However, this time my Philippine Sister asked me to just deposit it b/c she had her Verizon bill coming due. Keep in mind that I have deposited money into her checking account many times over the years all w/o a hitch.

So, I walk in to the bank and explain to the teller that I was depositing said money. Only to be told unless I have the last 4 #'s of my Philippine Sister's checking account # or her last 4 of her SS# that I could not deposit money into her account. Now granted my Philippine Sister and I have known each other for over a decade but that does NOT mean I know her SS#. How on earth would I know her bank account #? As such, I was not able to deposit money into her account. She was charged $38 b/c her Verizon payment bounced.

Never have I ever been to a bank that did not want my money. I was not withdrawing funds from her account nor was I depositing a large sum of money. For heaven's sake what is the BIG deal? :eek::eek::eek: I was NOT asking for a balance or anything regarding her account. Just depositing less than $200. Geez!!!!!!!!

Just yesterday I go into my local Target to place an order for a new computer desk. Here is the one that I wanted to order:

https://www.target.com/p/cyrus-workstation-cherry-z-line/-/A-15914817

When I approached the counter a young very pregnant female was very busy talking to her coworkers instead of taking care of customers in line. However, I over-looked that given that she was pregnant. Finally she asked if she could help me. I told her that I wanted to order the desk linked above b/c it is not an item that can be purchased in store. She looked it up and finally found it after like 15 minutes!!!!!

The idea was for me to order this desk and have it shipped to the specific Target location that I was placing the order with. The young lady said that the desk could NOT be shipped to the store. I inquired why and never really got an answer? Really?? She then told me I could have it shipped to my home. That is where the problem is. I will NOT order large items like that b/c I would be very lucky to even get them.

Both UPS/FED EX is always taking my packages to the apartment complex across from where I live. Neither seems to get it right. Even when they do, they are good about just putting my packages in front of my door and not letting me know that they did. Have had packages missing just b/c of that very reason. So, I then asked the young lady if there was a way to get around that? Once again I was told no. As such, I guess Target did not want my money either. ;););)

So what did I do you ask? Well, I drove across the expressway and went into Staples. Customer service there looked the Cyrus desk up and told me it was $199! I showed them the price Target had and they matched it. I pick it up in a few days!!!!!! :):):) Just don't understand to what has happened to good old fashioned customer service. It does NOT exist anymore. What a day.

Cheers,

Phil
I didn't know you had a sister in the Phillipines.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No, Tina is like a GOD sister and is from the Philippines. I just refer to her here as my Philippine Sister b/c we are close like family. Tina actually used to date a coworker of mine and that is how I met her and her family. Been close ever since. In fact, they call me "Uncle Phil". All the candy bars that I sell were her idea. Interestingly, they have sold well. :):):) Hope all is well your way!

Cheers,

Phil

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, his name is Phil...

It's interesting to me how different banks are from each other. One bank makes things VERY easy for people while another couldn't care less about what your needs are as a customer.

I used to directly deposit my rent into my landlord's account (because she was too stupid to use the money transfer method because checking email is hard) without issue for years.

At my previous bank this wouldn't have been possible due to their policies. Previous bank was a very small bank and was good, but lacked compared to the service I get from giant bank that is all over the place.

I went into the small bank years ago to get a cashier's check to send as a deposit to my old landlord (moron) that also included first month's rent. My wife had deposited savings bonds and for some reason our then bank required a hold be placed to verify funds. Odd, but whatever.

I go into a branch and ask for the cashiers check and was told that since a cashiers check guarantees the funds they couldn't issue one since the funds were on hold. Then they said they could give me cash...Really? Ok. I'll take the cash. After the teller gave me cash I handed it back to her and asked if I could purchase a money order. She refused for the same reason. I said "but I have cash". She realized her mistake and refused to admit to it. I didn't want to waste my time so I went to another branch (this is a local back to Lubbock, TX) and purchased a money order without issue. Dumb.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, his name is Phil...

It's interesting to me how different banks are from each other. One bank makes things VERY easy for people while another couldn't care less about what your needs are as a customer.

I used to directly deposit my rent into my landlord's account (because she was too stupid to use the money transfer method because checking email is hard) without issue for years.

At my previous bank this wouldn't have been possible due to their policies. Previous bank was a very small bank and was good, but lacked compared to the service I get from giant bank that is all over the place.

I went into the small bank years ago to get a cashier's check to send as a deposit to my old landlord (moron) that also included first month's rent. My wife had deposited savings bonds and for some reason our then bank required a hold be placed to verify funds. Odd, but whatever.

I go into a branch and ask for the cashiers check and was told that since a cashiers check guarantees the funds they couldn't issue one since the funds were on hold. Then they said they could give me cash...Really? Ok. I'll take the cash. After the teller gave me cash I handed it back to her and asked if I could purchase a money order. She refused for the same reason. I said "but I have cash". She realized her mistake and refused to admit to it. I didn't want to waste my time so I went to another branch (this is a local back to Lubbock, TX) and purchased a money order without issue. Dumb.
I have had some experiences like that in the past. Perhaps we all have one way or another. I was just happy to see that Fifth Third made it right for my Philippine Sister. I am sure that they really did not have to. $38 is nothing to sweat too much. But, it is enough to get your attention. BTW, I do not write checks anymore. At me bank, I get (5) free MO each month if need be. However, I pay most of everything on-line. My rent is via a MO b/c it takes them forever to run a check through. Just so much easier to pay w/a MO. As you mention, all banks are different.

Cheers,

Phil

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
You are the victim of corporate policy making that eliminates the possibility of any logical thinking or common sense. While effective at ensuring there is no fraud occurring, it does make life hard for the customer. Same goes for Target. She either didn't know or didn't care.

Years back, I tried to buy a new mattress set at Sears for $1400. Nice sale for them. They refused to sell it to me because I lived outside of their delivery areas. I was like, I don't want it delivered. I want it in the back of my F250. They said no, we can't do that. I literally lived a few miles outside of both delivery area bubbles in a rural location. I never expected nor wanted delivery. So I went to a local store and had the mattress set in the back of my F250 within 20 minutes of paying for it. Their loss. Comes down to a corporate policy that someone interpreted to mean large items could only be delivered. Oh wait, that's one of the factors in why Sears is dead but hasn't accepted it yet.

Its also why I like to work with smaller, local businesses because they haven't processed out all the common sense or customer service. I am getting warned from by business bank that they have a policy where I can't deposit large sums of money into my bank account without showing ID. Only they can't tell me how much the limit is. It's part of the Feds trying to look for money laundering by having many deposits under the reporting limit. Thankfully, I'm rarely a cash business but every now and then a customer will hand me thousands in cash. I say thank you, then head immediately to the bank!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'll gladly pay more for a product from someone with better customer service. No hesitation. Especially local shops.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You are the victim of corporate policy making that eliminates the possibility of any logical thinking or common sense. While effective at ensuring there is no fraud occurring, it does make life hard for the customer. Same goes for Target. She either didn't know or didn't care.

Years back, I tried to buy a new mattress set at Sears for $1400. Nice sale for them. They refused to sell it to me because I lived outside of their delivery areas. I was like, I don't want it delivered. I want it in the back of my F250. They said no, we can't do that. I literally lived a few miles outside of both delivery area bubbles in a rural location. I never expected nor wanted delivery. So I went to a local store and had the mattress set in the back of my F250 within 20 minutes of paying for it. Their loss. Comes down to a corporate policy that someone interpreted to mean large items could only be delivered. Oh wait, that's one of the factors in why Sears is dead but hasn't accepted it yet.

Its also why I like to work with smaller, local businesses because they haven't processed out all the common sense or customer service. I am getting warned from by business bank that they have a policy where I can't deposit large sums of money into my bank account without showing ID. Only they can't tell me how much the limit is. It's part of the Feds trying to look for money laundering by having many deposits under the reporting limit. Thankfully, I'm rarely a cash business but every now and then a customer will hand me thousands in cash. I say thank you, then head immediately to the bank!
Wow Man! $1400 for a mattress set! That had to be nice. Nothing like a good comfortable bed eh.....LOL!!!! :):):) No really, very good post. I also prefer the smaller hometown shops!

Cheers,

Phil

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Years back, I tried to buy a new mattress set at Sears for $1400. Nice sale for them. They refused to sell it to me because I lived outside of their delivery areas. I was like, I don't want it delivered. I want it in the back of my F250. They said no, we can't do that.
No wonder Sears is going out of business.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No wonder Sears is going out of business.
Not only is Sears going out of business, but so is Kmart. I can NOT tell you how many times that I have gone there thinking that they were open at 8:00 am. Only to find out that was not the case. While there, so many people wanting to get in. Sure some customers came back at 9:00 am when they opened. But, over time how many didn't eh? I knew eventually that was going to hurt them.

Best Buy not opening until 10:00 am most of the time is bound to hurt them as well. I think that on Sundays they open at 11:00 am. May companies will hold special holiday hours which is a big help most of the time. But, how many sales are lost b/c of not opening early on a more regular basis? From a business perspective, I would think that may be a significant way to increase sales. We all know in order to increase sales we must increase our traffic. Getting more customers into the store albeit opening earlier is bound to increase sales. Just saying........

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis