Netflix's Lady of the Lake TV series July 2020

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am excited for it. King Arthur is way before Witcher...:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was hoping this was more something along the lines of Lady in the Water....got my fill of Arthur, Merlin et al long ago....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am not asking for a lot. Just give me great writing and character development.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I am not asking for a lot. Just give me great writing and character development.
To be fair, that's a lot for most TV writers now it seems. Granted, there have obviously been some excellent series, but something always seems to go wrong.

I do love a good King Arthur story, but most of them haven't been all that great. Excalibur is one of the best, but so is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I liked the one that was on Starz for a bit, but it got cancelled before it got to go anywhere.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
To be fair, that's a lot for most TV writers now it seems. Granted, there have obviously been some excellent series, but something always seems to go wrong.

I do love a good King Arthur story, but most of them haven't been all that great. Excalibur is one of the best, but so is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I liked the one that was on Starz for a bit, but it got cancelled before it got to go anywhere.
Good writing and character development are rare these days for movies and TV series. And you can forget about that with anything Disney. :D

Oh yeah I loved that Camelot 2011 TV series with Eva Green from Starz. Only 1 season and it got cancelled.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"Cursed" comes out today. Can't wait to start watching this new series. Hopefully it won't be another letdown like "The Witcher" was for me. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just realized this show was shot using the 6K Resolution SONY CineAlta Venice digital camera.

So both "Cursed" and "Snowpiercer" got the 6K digital video resolution treatment, while most NEW movies still get the 2-3K digital camera treatment. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn’t stand this show after 2 episodes.

So I’m watching DC’s Stargirl instead, which I think is a lot better. :D

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I couldn’t stand this show after 2 episodes.

So I’m watching DC’s Stargirl instead, which I think is a lot better. :D
Stargirl is OK but a little predictable in CW style. "Cursed" has a much more complicated plot. Merlin doesn't really get his mojo on until the last episode where he blows them away.... I found the last few episodes compelling.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
And another one bites the dust!!! Lol :D
Netflix does have/had a lot excellent shows.

But nobody's perfect, so Netflix also has some shows that I just cannot stand.

I couldn't even finish the second episode of "Cursed".

One example - the main girl (future lady of the lake) is running FOR HER LIFE in the forest because one of the red monks is chasing her with the intent of KILLING HER. Yet she runs like she cares more about not messing up her makeup and hair. :eek: :D

There are just too many palm-face moments, and I didn't even finish episode 2. :D

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Netflix does have/had a lot excellent shows.

But nobody's perfect, so Netflix also has some shows that I just cannot stand.

I couldn't even finish the second episode of "Cursed".

One example - the main girl (future lady of the lake) is running FOR HER LIFE in the forest because one of the red monks is chasing her with the intent of KILLING HER. Yet she runs like she cares more about not messing up her makeup and hair. :eek: :D

There are just too many palm-face moments, and I didn't even finish episode 2. :D
That's totally believable though bro. I mean when I'm running through the forest because monks are trying to kill me the first thing I'm thinking about is my makeup and my hair

Wait a sec... :eek: That didn't come out right :oops:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
IMDB's Rating for "Cursed" is 5.7, which is accurate. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Don't get me started on ratings... :D :cool::rolleyes::p
Grain of salt for sure, but a decent starting point. Rotten tomatoes is better for that since there are usually tons of user reviews.

I like looking up things I really like to see how bad my taste apparently is. Sometimes I'm surprised.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis