Netflix vs. Blockbuster!!!!!

Which do you suggest and why?

• Total voters
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Chances are I will John. Right now, a lot is going on with my Mom and her cancer. :(:( She just got out of the hospital yesterday and will be going back in early next week. It seems like one test after another with no ending in sight. I am worn out and can NOT even begin to imagine how my Mom feels. I will get around to giving it a try. Thanks for your help my friend. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil
I definitely know how that goes after my grandfather earlier this year, so we are sending our good thoughts your way. Take care.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I definitely know how that goes after my grandfather earlier this year, so we are sending our good thoughts your way. Take care.
John, thanks for your kind words. My Mom really appreciates it. Let us both say we are sorry about your grandfather. Cancer is one of those things in life we all will deal with in one way or another. Perhaps, one day a cure will be found. At least, that is my prayer anyways. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

ee4hire

ee4hire

Audioholic Intern
I guess I don't have any experience with BB other than going to the store, but I love Netflix cuz:
1. Movies come fast, always 1 day return, 1 day to get the new movie.
2. I find a lot of interesting flicks from the recommendations based on my ratings.
3. I love the Roku Netflix box, free on demand movies and previous TV seasons, plus it delivers 720p right over my network.
4. Separate Queues for wife and me keeps the movies fair (and no, uh, disagreements! :) )

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I guess I don't have any experience with BB other than going to the store, but I love Netflix cuz:
1. Movies come fast, always 1 day return, 1 day to get the new movie.
2. I find a lot of interesting flicks from the recommendations based on my ratings.
3. I love the Roku Netflix box, free on demand movies and previous TV seasons, plus it delivers 720p right over my network.
4. Separate Queues for wife and me keeps the movies fair (and no, uh, disagreements! :) )
Another vote for Netflix. Seems to be the consensus here. ;);) Thanks for your input. Points well taken.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I find that it does recommend movies that I'm interested in, but it also recommends a lot of crap that I have no desire to see. Then there is that x-factor level, where I can't tell if I would like it or not, and my queue is long enough that I probably won't get to them. There have been some good recommendations though, and I got to see something that I otherwise might not have. Even at BB/Hollywood, we tend to occasionally rent something we've never heard of, just to give it a shot, and have found some real gems.

ee4hire

ee4hire

Audioholic Intern
I find that it does recommend movies that I'm interested in, but it also recommends a lot of crap that I have no desire to see.
Agreed, some of the recommendations are way off, but I accept that for the movies I never would have tried that have turned out to be great!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Chances are I will John. Right now, a lot is going on with my Mom and her cancer. :(:( She just got out of the hospital yesterday and will be going back in early next week. It seems like one test after another with no ending in sight. I am worn out and can NOT even begin to imagine how my Mom feels. I will get around to giving it a try. Thanks for your help my friend. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil
Sorry to hear about your mom.

I believe Blockbuster gives us 30 days free trial. See how fast they can deliver the movies and how fast they get them back.

My brother tried out Blockbuster also (Colorado), and he also agrees with me that they take a lot longer than Netflix. But the 30-day free trial is great.:D

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Phil,

Best wishes for your mum and family. The feeling of the looming unknown is often worse than dealing with the disease itself. I hope that you and yours are blessed with peace, compassion and understanding during this difficult time.

Warmest regards,

Chris

p.s. I still like Netflix, even though they jacked their Blu-ray prices up. Still a tough to beat value.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I find that it does recommend movies that I'm interested in, but it also recommends a lot of crap that I have no desire to see. Then there is that x-factor level, where I can't tell if I would like it or not, and my queue is long enough that I probably won't get to them. There have been some good recommendations though, and I got to see something that I otherwise might not have. Even at BB/Hollywood, we tend to occasionally rent something we've never heard of, just to give it a shot, and have found some real gems.
Risk taking is often exciting. At other times, it just sucks. :D:D However, I too have been surprised just how good something is that I have heard nothing about. It may be a rarity, but does happen just the same. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear about your mom.

I believe Blockbuster gives us 30 days free trial. See how fast they can deliver the movies and how fast they get them back.

My brother tried out Blockbuster also (Colorado), and he also agrees with me that they take a lot longer than Netflix. But the 30-day free trial is great.:D
Appreciate your kind words regarding my Mom. It really means a lot. Another great point about Netflix. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil,

Best wishes for your mum and family. The feeling of the looming unknown is often worse than dealing with the disease itself. I hope that you and yours are blessed with peace, compassion and understanding during this difficult time.

Warmest regards,

Chris

p.s. I still like Netflix, even though they jacked their Blu-ray prices up. Still a tough to beat value.
Thanks Chris for your kind words regarding my Mom. I also appreciate your input on the BB Vs. Netflix dilemma. It has been very helpful. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Risk taking is often exciting. At other times, it just sucks. :D:D However, I too have been surprised just how good something is that I have heard nothing about. It may be a rarity, but does happen just the same. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil
I've definitely been burned by some of those blind rentals, but the ones that have been good have made up for it for the most part :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've definitely been burned by some of those blind rentals, but the ones that have been good have made up for it for the most part :)
Hey John, I just remembered the name of a movie titled " Knock Knock" that I watched w/o seeing or reading anything about it. OMG, was I ever disappointed! :(:( That had to be the ABSOLUTE worst movie I have ever seen to date. :D:D However, a couple of the babes were hot. Other than that, it was just down right awful. :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yet another vote for Netflix, from Blockbuster...

Engadget
Well, it is bad news for the most part. Sadly, many may lose their jobs. I feel for those that do. News like this makes my decision an easier one. However, if BB closes shop will Netflix be more inclined to raise their prices even higher due to a lack of competition? Sure is something to think about before signing up. Thanks for the link. :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis