Netflix: The Witcher

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You're dreaming, bro! Haha! :D
At first I was thinking "no way!", but then I thought about it and season for season, so far I like The Witcher better. I'm stoked for season 2. When season 2 of GoT came out I dgaf at all. Didn't even get back into it until season 4 or 5 and then I binged it til I was caught up.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Would English do? :p
I hate to admit it but the English of England sometimes requires subtitles too. Legend was a prime example of that. Even the subtitles reflect a vernacular that's foreign to me. Init ??? I mean I get it but when they won't spit the crumpets out, some of the spoken word flies right past me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hate to admit it but the English of England sometimes requires subtitles too. Legend was a prime example of that. Even the subtitles reflect a vernacular that's foreign to me. Init ??? I mean I get it but when they won't spit the crumpets out, some of the spoken word flies right past me.
I have issues with many English accents also. Thank God for subtitles.

That's why I want to re-watch all the Harry Potter movies with subtitles. I can't stand their accents. Maybe I'll actually like Harry Potter if I can understand what the heck they're saying.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I have issues with many English accents also. Thank God for subtitles.

That's why I want to re-watch all the Harry Potter movies with subtitles. I can't stand their accents. Maybe I'll actually like Harry Potter if I can understand what the heck they're saying.
Bro you'd be the type of person Id hate watching something with your picky about EVERYTHING! ;) :p

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I would have if I shpekenzied. I probably will now (since you mentioned it) as a going to sleep thing with the volume low. Sub titles aren't a total deal breaker but watching the text and the show is sometimes tough. I wish they would tell you up front when it's not in American. :D
Dark is also available English dubbed, but many told me german with subs is the way to go. In any case this series is completely what I call mind fucker. Just as you think you'd start to grasp it, it turns around slaps you and becomes confusing yet again. It's infuriating and awesome.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dark is also available English dubbed, but many told me german with subs is the way to go. In any case this series is completely what I call mind fucker. Just as you think you'd start to grasp it, it turns around slaps you and becomes confusing yet again. It's infuriating and awesome.
I love shows like that it's going on my short list for sure

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
It is indeed excellent. I totally forgot about it.
What, No one watched "Dark"?
Excellent show! I haven't started S2 but I want to re-watch S1 first. I will say that Dark handles multiple timelines much better than the Witcher did.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Guess I'll have to watch Dark.

Just started watching Perfume last night. Another German show, but the dubbing is actually quite good. The movie was weird, but awesome. Show's following the same sort of vibe so far.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Wow, luckily I've never had a problem understanding British shows. Guess, cause I watch a ton of them. If you think British is bad, try watching a Scottish show! Look up Still Game on Netflix, it's the English langauge but the accent is so thick I can barely make it out as English sometimes. I have to use subtitles for that, it's really funny when you read what they are saying.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
GoT killer is really stretching it, but it does have the potential imo. As all over the place as it was, I liked the first season of The Witcher better than the first season of GoT. GoT didn't really kick it into gear until season 4 or 5 for me. Up until then watching it felt more like a chore. EVERYONE I know kept nudging me to keep going so I did and it eventually lived up to the hype.

Til they ran out of source material and season 8 happened...
I can agree with that, couldn't get through GoT season 1 at all. So far Witcher is better than GoT season 1 at least.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, luckily I've never had a problem understanding British shows. Guess, cause I watch a ton of them. If you think British is bad, try watching a Scottish show! Look up Still Game on Netflix, it's the English langauge but the accent is so thick I can barely make it out as English sometimes. I have to use subtitles for that, it's really funny when you read what they are saying.
I love British shows! They are masters of detective shows and by far...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis