Netflix Already Facing Hard Times while AT&T, Disney and Comcast Want to Kill it

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Owning a Roku lets you download thousands of apps, some free, and some with a charge. Free apps are TCM, AMC, SyFy, NBC, ABC, FX and a multitude of other TV/cable channels. Additionally there are free mocie channels like Tubi and Roku. Yes, they come with commercials but so do the OTA and cable channels

Some do offer a "premium" option which will do away with commercials and perhaps some additional content.
For TCM and AMC you have to sign in with a cable TV account. Since I've cut my cable I don't see a way to watch those. I don't see a pay option if you don't have cable.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Owning a Roku lets you download thousands of apps, some free, and some with a charge. Free apps are TCM, AMC, SyFy, NBC, ABC, FX and a multitude of other TV/cable channels. Additionally there are free mocie channels like Tubi and Roku. Yes, they come with commercials but so do the OTA and cable channels

Some do offer a "premium" option which will do away with commercials and perhaps some additional content.
Useful info. Thanks. I'll have to look into that when I get an AVR as part of going from a 2.1 to a surround system (yes, I'm still using an old-fashioned stereo pre-amp). I almost sprung for a Roku but then noticed it only has a HDMI output. Think the earlier generations had an optical digital output for audio, which I could have possibly inputed into my stereo DAC (provided the Roku allowed PCM downmixing like most blu-ray players). Since I don't have an AVR but still want at least high-quality stereo sound I wouldn't be satisfied simply running the HDMI into my TV. Perhaps Amazon Prime Video has a TCM channel, but then I'd be looking at a subscriber up-charge again.

Last edited:
E

Erod

Audioholic
Generally agree with this. It's useful for moving the conversation forward, which is absolutely necessary! Do I mind a Female 007, regardless of race? No. And I didn't mind the Woke-Bot from Solo, either. :) The sad part is our society still largely abides by the same set of rules that minimizes/marginalizes the role of any non-white-male...
A Copernican styled paradigm shift for our society is long overdue: just as Geocentrism died, so too should the way we value other humans. When we, as a whole, learn to stop celebrating our differences and begin to celebrate ourselves for our similarities, we will find ourselves much better off.
So the answer to make every movie hero going forward a female who can single - handedly whip an army of men, and make the villain a middle-aged white guy in every movie.

It's absurdly unrealistic and only hurting the "cause" or attempts to push.

The eye rolls are real and justified.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So the answer to make every movie hero going forward a female who can single - handedly whip an army of men, and make the villain a middle-aged white guy in every movie.

It's absurdly unrealistic and only hurting the "cause" or attempts to push.

The eye rolls are real and justified.
Nah, it's more like in the movie The Fifth Element when the bad guy had a deep southern drawl but we all know that the bad guy is supposed to speak British of some kind. This early wokeness is so very annoying!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis