neil young froze my player!

M

matthewraz

Enthusiast
just got the dvd-a of neil young's "on the beach."
menus worked but when "play disc" was selected it went to the first song's page and wouldn't play, change disk, turn off or anything. had to unplug the machine (yamaha c750). put the disk into a regular dvd player and the non-hi-rez tracks play. anybody have this disk or any advice? thanks

M

matthewraz

Enthusiast
just googled the problem. read some mention of pioneer players having this prob. with young dvd-a's. is the yamaha a pioneer platform? any firmware fixes known?

M

mwheelerk

Junior Audioholic
Well what would you expect afterall he is a very Cool Dude !

D

DISCMAN

Audioholic Intern
I had a similar problem with Anne Sophie Mutter disc on my Mitsubishi. Everything I've thrown at the C750 however has played fine. I don't own the Young title you mentioned, but I do have Harvest & that played fine.

S

stevecinq

Audiophyte
Same here

Same unit, same disc, same problem. American Stars and Bars also locks up the unit. There's another thread about this where another guys has this problem. My unit is going back tomorrow.

M

matthewraz

Enthusiast
im the same guy. i posted this problem in music and sources. it'd take a lot more than this to give up on the player. i still think its great.

S

stevecinq

Audiophyte
Not me - if I can't listen to On The Beach in all it's DVD-A glory on this thing, it HAS to go!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis