Need warm speakers for home theatre

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I really enjoy my Focal Aria bookshelves. Very warm and the tweets are mellow in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Yeah. System setup (EQ, speaker placement, room acoustics - rugs/carpets) is usually the quickest, simplest, and most cost-effective way.
Remember when I sent you my PEQ setting for my Elite R-55e tower's. When Shady J reviewed and ran test on those RBH Elite towers, he did state they are a little forward in the mid range, test even showed about a 4-6 bump around the 1k and up to about the 3k range, right around where vocals would be. Anyways without make my reply to long, EQ can work when applied correctly. Also with the proper room treatments.

Other then replacing the speakers maybe wrapped some blankets around them so they'll warm up some.:D Just kidding.;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Remember when I sent you my PEQ setting for my Elite R-55e tower's. When Shady J reviewed and ran test on those RBH Elite towers, he did state they are a little forward in the mid range, test even showed about a 4-6 bump around the 1k and up to about the 3k range, right around where vocals would be. Anyways without make my reply to long, EQ can work when applied correctly. Also with the proper room treatments.

Other then replacing the speakers maybe wrapped some blankets around them so they'll warm up some.:D Just kidding.;)

The R-55E listening window FR (grille off) is about 200Hz-10kHz +/-2.5dB.

Most good speakers are around +/-2dB to +/-3dB. So definitely could apply EQ to any speaker to fit our taste.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis