need to extend the pre-wired speaker wires

T

txhorns

Audioholic Intern
I just moved into a new house which has the surround speaker wires pre-wired. However, the wires coming from the wall are too short and can't reach my AV receiver. Can I buy another 2-3 ft of speaker wire (the 4-wire type) and connect them together? Will I lose any sound that way?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
txhorns said:
I just moved into a new house which has the surround speaker wires pre-wired. However, the wires coming from the wall are too short and can't reach my AV receiver. Can I buy another 2-3 ft of speaker wire (the 4-wire type) and connect them together? Will I lose any sound that way?

If you want to reach your component, install an audio outlet, giving a pro installation. Then, you can plug a cable into the outlets to your component.

T

txhorns

Audioholic Intern
Can you explain what is an audio outlet & how do I install it?

M

Magoo

Audioholic Intern
I'm looking to install speaker terminal wall plates. Have hardwired 12 ga. speakerwire in walls to junction boxes. Have banana connectors for my speaker connections -- any recommendations as to which plates I should get?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Magoo said:
I'm looking to install speaker terminal wall plates. Have hardwired 12 ga. speakerwire in walls to junction boxes. Have banana connectors for my speaker connections -- any recommendations as to which plates I should get?
Not really. Just ones that accept banana plugs and matches other wall plates in color:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis