Need some advice. Ns-f901 Ns-b951 Ns-c901 Ns-sw1000

J

JimmyB

Audiophyte
Ns-f901 Ns-b951 Ns-c901 Ns-sw1000
Receiver Rx A2070

Good afternoon,

I’m just trying to get the best sound possible out off my home system as above. Wondering what to set cross overs at and speaker size. Anything else I don’t know about would be appreciated too. Set up in a 4mx5m room.

thank you in a

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Speakers are typically set to 'small' and the crossover is typically set to 80Hz which you can then adjust later if you find that you need to.

Not sure I would have stuck with Yamaha for all the speakers, especially the subwoofer, but should have decent performance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Speaker "size" is just a marketing way of expressing whether to employ bass management. Large means do not use bass management, or speakers set to full range; small means use bass management, i.e. set a low pass filter for the sub and a high pass filter for the speakers (where those slopes cross being called a crossover); there are double bass type settings that use the speakers still set to full range/large but adding some bass management as to where the low pass for the sub takes place. With speakers such as yours and use of a sub, I'd still start with all speakers set to small and a starting crossover of 80hz and experiment to taste from there (or measurement, depending how you're going about setup). Experiment with all the settings, what works for you could well be different than my preference. Some prefer to do one type of settings for music, another for movies.

This article may help in general, too https://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-connection/basic-audio-video-set-up-guide

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That AVR has YPAO, I would just run that. It isn't Audessey or DIRAC, but it is a good place to start. Listen to it like that and tweak from there to your liking or turn it off if you don't like it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Running YPAO may set at least your mains to large; generally all the avr setup routines test for an f3 (-3dB point) of 40hz for it to be set large/full range. I'd still change to small afterwards if so myself (or at least experiment).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis