Need shower radio recommendation

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
looked at the JBL Xtreme and seems pretty awesome for $195 shipped.

but i need something with an fm tuner to listen to radio.

any recommendations under $50?

really wanted the xtreme because its also portable

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm thinking the JBL Xtreme is a Bluetooth speaker.
Check to see if you can stream the FM station you want to it via your phone.

Honestly, with all of the echo and noise you get in a bathroom/shower, you won't get hifi out of the best speaker in the world. You can still enjoy the music, but sound quality goes out he window.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'd never spend that much time in the shower that I'd need a radio! :p

annunaki

annunaki

Are in-wall or in-ceiling speakers an option for you? I used the Dayton Hi-Fly with the built in 20x2 amplifier and a reasonably priced pair of speakers. Better sound than a Bluetooth speaker at about the same price. Not portable of course but works well from anywhere on the house from the convenience of my phone.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I just use a small sony Bluetooth speaker in the bathroom and use a cheap prepay phone I got for $15 as the source, so I can play Pandora, slacker, spotify, etc... you could use the I heart radio or tune In apps to stream your radio of those stations are on the apps. The JBL speakers do sound quite good for the money, maybe look at the Charge 3 or charge 2+ since they are ok to get wet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd never spend that much time in the shower that I'd need a radio! :p
I shave my head and do it in the shower. It's nicer than doing it over the sink. I have one of those little fog proof mirrors in there. Figure time to brush my teeth and fine trim up my beard and ears (ears. I never used to have to trim my ears. wtf?) and I'm a solid half hour in the bathroom.

So while I'm in the bathroom I can enjoy my music with the JBL Charge 3!*

*Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, explode, corrode or sink in the commode. :p

Really, it's a decent little speaker. Good bass for its size and gets plenty loud in my bathroom.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
looked at the JBL Xtreme and seems pretty awesome for $195 shipped.

but i need something with an fm tuner to listen to radio.

any recommendations under $50?

really wanted the xtreme because its also portable
Can't you learn to sing in the shower?

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
No AC powered devices near the shower. A girl was just electrocuted when her cell-phone, charger and extension cord fell into the tub.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My li'l speaker doesn't reside by the shower or tub. across the room on a shelf in the corner.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
I shave my head and do it in the shower. It's nicer than doing it over the sink. I have one of those little fog proof mirrors in there. Figure time to brush my teeth and fine trim up my beard and ears (ears. I never used to have to trim my ears. wtf?) and I'm a solid half hour in the bathroom.

this is information we really don't need!!:eek:

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I recently picked up this little number: Cambridge Audio Oontz Angle 3 for use when I wash/detail cars since it is water resistant. Works very well as a bathroom speaker too and is plenty portable.

carl_park

carl_park

Audiophyte
Hey, you can try Pyle PSR7, it has fm tuner so you can listen to radio, but it's also under the 50$

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis