Need reliable 150w+ used or new 2 channel amp

d3adf1sh

d3adf1sh

Audiophyte
Isn't that a 200WPC Stereo Amp for $3500?
yeah but you did see that it has a 1500 watt power requirement at the plug, right? prob pretty under rated. but yeah not cheap. Just one of those lottery dreams for me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
yeah but you did see that it has a 1500 watt power requirement at the plug, right? prob pretty under rated. but yeah not cheap. Just one of those lottery dreams for me.
That's something a typical 15A circuit can provide....

d3adf1sh

d3adf1sh

Audiophyte
just saw a listing for "Carver A-500X THX Certified Magnified Current Power Amplifier 250WPC " on ebay for $599 tho... I have a carver 2x80w and it's nice! can only imagine what 3X the output of this one would sound like!

Last edited:
d3adf1sh

d3adf1sh

Audiophyte
i know at this point i'm gonna sound like a shill but guess it's just a weird coincidence i ran across this video earlier today about how Bob Carver's handles service on his products. Seems to be take a lot of pride in his work.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
just saw a listing for "Carver A-500X THX Certified Magnified Current Power Amplifier 250WPC " on ebay for $599 tho... I have a carver 2x80w and it's nice! can only imagine what 3X the output of this one would sound like!
Louder.

T

Tom Gee

Audioholic Intern
Fwiw my setup now sounds the best with the crown at high noon and the preamp at 3pm

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis