AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on what you want to spend. $150 is different for different budgets. I also think we all want to feel like we got a good deal.

Yamaha and Denon are like Nissan and Toyota. Both are excellent brands.
The Yamaha is clearly Toyota in this example, right? :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, the Yamaha is clearly Toyota in this example, right? :D
Use to be, they got that 2.1 bug thing going for them now. Looks like Yamaha been lies all lies about "We got our OWN Factories! but oh wait we Forgot to tell everyone that we get All our chips from Outside our Factories. lolo . Yamaha done went over to the darkside. Lolo

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Nissan is not an excellent brand
View attachment 41085
I agree with you. I never owned one but I recently saw a report for continuously variable transmissions on 2010-2014 Sentra models. They were dangerously defective and some Canadians are at present entering a class action against Nissan which refused to replace them at no cost.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with you. I never owned one but I recently saw a report for continuously variable transmissions on 2010-2014 Sentra models. They were dangerously defective and some Canadians are at present entering a class action against Nissan which refused to replace them at no cost.
Fords ain't much better.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That’s why you don’t use snowmobile parts in cars!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I got no money for cars. It's all wrapped up in my stereo. :p

Here's todays continuously variable transmission market report... Looks like it got put in the wrong gear! lol
11.png

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I think most garages aren't quite home theater ready. So it just depends. Mine is just for cars. So I just can't picture putting any AVR in my garage. :D

Yep. No room. This is half of my 4 stall...

During winter, I have two more kayaks and a paddle board hanging in there too. No matter how much room...you fill it with stuff..... I won’t even tell about our sheds...lmao!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I think I use NeuralX about 99% of the time.

I think buying a brand new Denon X3600 is probably fine. Need one or two 120mm USB fans since the Denon will get hot. $799 for 3 years isn't bad. Haha. :eek: ;) :D

I did my time, took my chances (like Eye of the Tiger :D) with Denon already. So it's just my time to move on and give Yamaha a fair try. :D
Did all your Denons run hot? Or is this heat thing exaggerated?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
GM are not much better. They did at least once put Chevrolet engines in some Cadillacs.

I only had one GM car, a 1980 Oldsmobile Omega. It was junk. I had bought it new and within a year, rust was showing at the roof. I had met with a GM representative at the dealer's place and he refused to get it fixed. I should have sued them but I didn't know at the time that I would have won the case.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yep. No room. This is half of my 4 stall...

During winter, I have two more kayaks and a paddle board hanging in there too. No matter how much room...you fill it with stuff..... I won’t even tell about our sheds...lmao!
67 SS? Headlamp doors?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Did all your Denons run hot? Or is this heat thing exaggerated?
Hi snake!
Won’t speak for ADTG but I think it’s a little exaggerated. I have a pioneer that’s at least 10 years old. Runs hotter than any other AVR I’ve had. I have tough hands and it is uncomfortable for me to hold my hand on it. I think some gear is just like that. I think fans are a good idea, and definitely recommend them, but I’ve seen NO data that supports any added longevity from using one. My 6012 runs almost as hot as the pioneer but I use external amplification and eco mode. That keeps it cool. Ironically, the ONLY AVR that has failed in my house was an Onkyo 808. It’s been the coolest running one that’s been here save for the txsr 500 that my son still uses. It’s circa 2000ish iirc. I’ve also seen no data to support Yamaha being better for longevity either. I think less of them are out in the wild, o we hear less about them. Because ALL manufacturers have failures. All of them. I’ve also seen thousands of A4L customers over the years, almost all happy, and would buy again. Of course nobody’s perfect...
@KEW I believe is a proponent of theirs. @lovinthehd @Pogre and myself included have bought there.
Sorry snake, that wasn’t all for you lmao. I kinda just started clicking at my phone, and there ya go!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi snake!
Won’t speak for ADTG but I think it’s a little exaggerated. I have a pioneer that’s at least 10 years old. Runs hotter than any other AVR I’ve had. I have tough hands and it is uncomfortable for me to hold my hand on it. I think some gear is just like that. I think fans are a good idea, and definitely recommend them, but I’ve seen NO data that supports any added longevity from using one. My 6012 runs almost as hot as the pioneer but I use external amplification and eco mode. That keeps it cool. Ironically, the ONLY AVR that has failed in my house was an Onkyo 808. It’s been the coolest running one that’s been here save for the txsr 500 that my son still uses. It’s circa 2000ish iirc. I’ve also seen no data to support Yamaha being better for longevity either. I think less of them are out in the wild, o we hear less about them. Because ALL manufacturers have failures. All of them. I’ve also seen thousands of A4L customers over the years, almost all happy, and would buy again. Of course nobody’s perfect...
@KEW I believe is a proponent of theirs. @lovinthehd @Pogre and myself included have bought there.
Sorry snake, that wasn’t all for you lmao. I kinda just started clicking at my phone, and there ya go!
I have a 4520 and a 3808....they're both used in what can be warm rooms and I've got them on shelves with minimal clearance above so I use fans, but out in the open I wouldn't call either running hot. My old Pioneer ran hot...and died after 2 years, too (not a refurb). My Onkyo ran rather warm before it failed of the famous network/hdmi board issue and runs noticeably cooler since the warranty repair....I run this in a cool room and have shelves that dissipate heat fairly well so no fan there. I'd still consider a refurb to save money (and I had two bad 4520 refurbs before buying the new one from A4L). A4L is fine, as long as you understand their terms of sale. It would be nice if refurbs got a more thorough going thru by the brand's contractor for such, tho.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis