CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
@AcuDefTechGuy, Andrew! I believe I'm gonna try out a DENON 3600, I just finished doing my own research on it and gotta say It's a little beasts! 3 years warranty, two power rails, just under 27 lbs! $799.00! Any AH members that has this AVR, I would like your thoughts on it. The reviews on it are above average. I know @PENG and @mazersteven recommend this Denon a lot plus other members on AH.
View attachment 41028
Hey @Gmoney. I have the 3600. It is a great receiver and I have never had a problem with it. I think you would enjoy it.
That being said I wish I could have went with 4500 only because it doesn’t have Dolby height virtualization witch doesn’t allow cross upmixing.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hey @Gmoney. I have the 3600. It is a great receiver and I have never had a problem with it. I think you would enjoy it.
That being said I wish I could have went with 4500 only because it doesn’t have Dolby height virtualization witch doesn’t allow cross upmixing.
Yo! What's up bro! :) Yep gonna try out the 3600. Gotta ask, does it run hot? I don't crank up like I use to mostly stay around
25 to 20 dbs.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Looks like my RX-A780 will get here tomorrow but I know that’s less exciting than the Denon 3600. I don’t even have any sexy internal pics to post of the 780. LOL

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like my RX-A780 will get here tomorrow but I know that’s less exciting than the Denon 3600. I don’t even have any sexy internal pics to post of the 780. LOL
I may hold up on the Denon, funny you mention the a780 I'm look at one right now.
I'm gonna give Lennon a call, he has the 3600 in his setup. Postup some pics when you get yours in.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Will do. I already have the 3080 so I gave an idea of what to expect. But for $549 refurbished at A4L it seemed like a good deal for my use.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like my RX-A780 will get here tomorrow but I know that’s less exciting than the Denon 3600.
Well that depends on whether you are a fan of Denon or Yamaha. :D

Only thing about all refurbs is that you must check all channels and features to make sure they work.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General

Only thing about all refurbs is that you must check all channels and features to make sure they work.
That's exactly true. The refurb receivers coming out of Accessories for less have a record of defects. The last guy who posted on here had to go thru three different units to find a working one. Another gave up after several defective units and bought a new one. While my ACL Denon 4500 worked for a little over 8 months before the Height channels died.

These refurb deals sound great initially but can be a huge pain. My Denon was shipped in for repairs at a cost of $88 six weeks ago and they are still waiting for parts to fix it. Not the warranty I was hoping for. :oops:

Test every channel and every feature, stress test it again and make sure they all work. Cause after the return period its expensive to send in for repairs and they may not have parts. Which can leave you without a receiver for months...

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Now you guys have me freaked out about it. Especially since my prior refurbished AVR-4520CI from there died just after warranty. Now I’m wishing I’d just have bought a new one. Ugh.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Andrew,@AcuDefTechGuy, ever since I said I would umm I may get a Denon seems like Andrew been smacking on me. :p:p Lol no but really what to get? Seems like it's a crap shoot these day's in the hopes of getting a AVR that works or last. Yamaha Denon Marantz are all good AVR's, After hearing DTS-X Neutral I gotta have it! If my ole Yamaha had it I wouldn't upgrade. I have till the refund hits my bank to decide.Denon's 3600 seems like a no brainer, but I really like the way Yamaha's sound hope Denon sounds as good as Yamaha's. The V6A I just sent back sounded better than my 7790 I just put back in my audio rack. Very detailed sounding AVR has better inner detail think umm background Instruments a little more prominent. If that means anything, and yep Andrew is right DTS-X is waaay better than any sound format I've heard to date.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yep, @AcuDefTechGuy, Andrew would've done responded back by now.:p Can't believe Andrew cuts off friends if they even thinking of getting anything other than a Yamaha. :(. lol

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Andrew,@AcuDefTechGuy, ever since I said I would umm I may get a Denon seems like Andrew been smacking on me. :p:p Lol no but really what to get? Seems like it's a crap shoot these day's in the hopes of getting a AVR that works or last. Yamaha Denon Marantz are all good AVR's, After hearing DTS-X Neutral I gotta have it! If my ole Yamaha had it I wouldn't upgrade. I have till the refund hits my bank to decide.Denon's 3600 seems like a no brainer, but I really like the way Yamaha's sound hope Denon sounds as good as Yamaha's. The V6A I just sent back sounded better than my 7790 I just put back in my audio rack. Very detailed sounding AVR has better inner detail think umm background Instruments a little more prominent. If that means anything, and yep Andrew wad right DTS-X is waaay better than any sound format I've heard to date.

I know people don't like it when you describe electronics as imparting color or warmth to the sound, but to me the yamaha has a more neutral sound. My onkyo that just died had a brighter sound. And the Denon/Marantz might be a little more on the warm neutral side. It's been years since I've heard one, but unless it's changed I'd put sony on the brighter side with onkyo too.

Of all the receivers I've owned though, I tend to like the sound of yamaha or denon/marantz best. Neutral or slightly warm even though some describe the yamaha as being clinical sounding.........................

Part of me wonders if I should have grabbed a 3600 while they are on sale as it is a great deal. A new 780 will run me $649, so $100 more than the refurbished model. If I end up needing to deal with a return or whatnot on the refurb I'll have return shipping and maybe a restock fee too. ugh...................

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
To me, a new Denon 3600 at $799 would be a far better deal over the long term than a refurb anything. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I know people don't like it when you describe electronics as imparting color or warmth to the sound, but to me the yamaha has a more neutral sound. My onkyo that just died had a brighter sound. And the Denon/Marantz might be a little more on the warm neutral side. It's been years since I've heard one, but unless it's changed I'd put sony on the brighter side with onkyo too.

Of all the receivers I've owned though, I tend to like the sound of yamaha or denon/marantz best. Neutral or slightly warm even though some describe the yamaha as being clinical sounding.........................

Part of me wonders if I should have grabbed a 3600 while they are on sale as it is a great deal. A new 780 will run me $649, so $100 more than the refurbished model. If I end up needing to deal with a return or whatnot on the refurb I'll have return shipping and maybe a restock fee too. ugh...................
I'm gonna get the Denon 3600, Crutchfield has it for 799 plus 60 day return thing just In case I think it sounds like a Onkyo. :p Why not, Denon gets a lot of love on AH and a lot of members on AH has them.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm gonna get the Denon 3600, Crutchfield has it for 799 plus 60 day return thing just In case I think it sounds like a Onkyo. :p Why not, Denon gets a lot of love on AH and a lot of members on AH has them.
Here's your new best friend for the Denon 3600. It will keep it nice and cool while running exceptionally quiet on low speed. Best part - its only $20.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
That because of the "maybe I should have gotten a 3700" comment? LOL
Yamaha has a more neutral sound.
Onkyo brighter sound.
Denon/Marantz might be a little more on the warm neutral side.
Sony on the brighter side with onkyo too.

Part of me wonders if I should have grabbed a 3600 while they are on sale as it is a great deal.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
If after getting the 3600 setup and it doesn't get me Zoned out after Staring at my Lava lamp is going back! :D
74FCE4C1-8044-458B-B433-5367DCF88689.jpeg

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
mazersteven , Whatever............................... :cool:

On a different note, I spoke to A4L and they said no problem and to just to decline the package. I'll have to eat the shipping but it was less in total both ways than it would cost to me ship it one way to them. I've spent a big chunk of change with them in the past few months on Canton's and stuff so I don't feel too terrible about returning it, but you guys got me thinking about that prior refurbished Denon experience again and I think new would be better for my peace of mind.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis