Need low profile fronts for 2.1 system. Should I use center channel speakers?

T

thebrieze

Junior Audioholic
Consider the Vanatoo zeros or ones. I heard them at Axpona, and they blew away most speakers several times their size and price. They are amplified, so you don’t need a receiver or amp, and have a subwoofer out, and lots nice features, like Bluetooth with Aptx.

The zeros will fit your size, budget constraints and can be easily wall mounted, or fit anywhere. They would outclass any soundbar. The One’s may not be wall mountable (passive radiator on the back) but sound excellent- can easily outclass most larger bookshelves.

I cannot post links, but you can find them at Vanatoo.com or on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Consider the Vanatoo zeros or ones. I heard them at Axpona, and they blew away most speakers several times their size and price. They are amplified, so you don’t need a receiver or amp, and have a subwoofer out, and lots nice features, like Bluetooth with Aptx.
I loved the Vanatoo... for near-field.

If you need computer speakers; or any other nearfield or small space listening: these are *awesome*.

In a larger space or at higher volumes? Physics kicks in.

I'm not sure how much that could be offset by a high-crossover sub... the speakers do have a sub-out which is great; but I've yet to order my own pair and the pair at the show was running sans-sub.

T

thebrieze

Junior Audioholic
I loved the Vanatoo... for near-field.

If you need computer speakers; or any other nearfield or small space listening: these are *awesome*.

In a larger space or at higher volumes? Physics kicks in.

I'm not sure how much that could be offset by a high-crossover sub... the speakers do have a sub-out which is great; but I've yet to order my own pair and the pair at the show was running sans-sub.
The larger (One) speaker would be more at home in a home theater setting. Although I am planning to replace the soundbar in my bedroom with the Zero.

The rep did say that the dsp in the speaker would automatically increase the output for the speaker when it detected a subwoofer connected - taking the power for the low frequencies and giving it to the rest of the frequency range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I was also fairly impressed with the Vanatoo when I heard it. I heard the One at RMAF a few years ago.

B

BobStrauss

Enthusiast
Now thinking about running HTD Versa SB1s on either side of the TV. Will have to do some rearranging to make this work, but they’d be low profile enough for the wife. Would these be a decent option?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis