Need help with floorspeakers and subwoofer configuration

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Which DT speakers particularly? They more have powered woofers than subs. Why is the advice confusing?

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
im not saying the advice is confusing im saying iam confused. i was told to set the 3 speakers to large and the sub setting to LFE+ main and just use the speaker wire connection. is that wrong?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
im not saying the advice is confusing im saying iam confused. i was told to set the 3 speakers to large and the sub setting to LFE+ main and just use the speaker wire connection. is that wrong?
It's a recommendation, there's no particular correct for your particular setup. Try it and then try the other available options and see if you have a preference.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
the thing that is confusing me is the way i have it setup if i go into manual speaker setup how do set the levels in the subs in the towers and center?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
the thing that is confusing me is the way i have it setup if i go into manual speaker setup how do set the levels in the subs in the towers and center?
Do you run auto room correction odyssey xt32 or anything ? It seems to set everything but the sub to reasonable levels . Your avr has to have a settings menu of levels , and stuff .
Check your manual

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You wouldn't be able to except for any controls on the speakers themselves (if any) following that setup advice. If you wanted to tweak the powered woofers as you're thinking, you'd use a different connection method.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
what i ended up doing which seems to work well is i ran a splitter from sub1 to my two towers then off of my left front split that to my center channel that also has a sub. then sub 2 is running my PB 3000 at the back of the room along with the bass shakers. watched 65 lastnight and the bass came alive. all speakere are back set to small

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
what i ended up doing which seems to work well is i ran a splitter from sub1 to my two towers then off of my left front split that to my center channel that also has a sub. then sub 2 is running my PB 3000 at the back of the room along with the bass shakers. watched 65 lastnight and the bass came alive. all speakere are back set to small
congrats !
So how many subs in total do you have counting the towers ? How loud is PB 3000 that seems like a popular model.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i have one 10inch sub in each tower. a 8 inch in the center the PB and bass shakers in the seating. the PB is a nice sub with a 13 inch driver

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
i have one 10inch sub in each tower. a 8 inch in the center the PB and bass shakers in the seating. the PB is a nice sub with a 13 inch driver
Nice , I’m stuck with two cheap 10” subs because my room is too small and there’s not enough space to fit my 15” in my room. So my bass is lackluster but I guess it’s something?
parents house so I can’t move stuff out of the way to fit a bigger sub. I can’t even carry my big sub anymore so I’d have to ask .for help moving it . O well :( it’s stuck in the bedroom.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis